Vernon Adams traded.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Looks like he'll make more money if he learns to speak a bastardized version of French. Good for him.

Still looking forward to that Bo Levi Mitchell--VA battle a couple of times a year. Eastern QBs can't hang in the NFL but they can dominate in Canada. :D

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The NFL is weird. I would take Adams over 90% of the 3rd string guys in the league right now.

The CFL is also strange. Because, Canada.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":24bm8i8r said:
The NFL is weird. I would take Adams over 90% of the 3rd string guys in the league right now.

The CFL is also strange. Because, Canada.
He's just not good enough.The Hawks and Skins saw nothing to give him a job so others probaly will not bother to look

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1bjwq2e6 said:
From BC lions to Montreal allouettes. What's an allouette?

http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/BC-Lio ... s-45423789

Allouette is french for a lark. You may be familiar with the childrens song or maybe thats a Canadian thing. Being a Lions fan i can say we are easilly set at qb and we netted a first round pick. It also seems that the Lions have had discussions with VA so it seems he is coming to Canada.

Shy.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't get all the hoop-la with Vernon Adams. I get that he went to Eastern Washington, but I've heard people around my office and at bars talking about how they think he could be the next Russell Wilson. Let me guess, they are making that assumption because they are both short....okay.

While he was fun to watch in college, he doesn't translate to the NFL. He played in a sprad system where he wasn't under center. And on top of that, he is a midget who doesn't really throw over the top, which makes me think a lot of his passes would get deflected at the line of scrimmage. What makes RW so great is he has such a high release point.

kearly

Reaction score
Bo Levi Mitchell was another QB I really liked in college that went totally under the radar in the NFL. Good to see he's been tearing up the CFL.

kearly

Reaction score
Adams passer rating last year was 179.1.

The highest passer rating of any drafted QB in last month's draft was Jared Goff (who played a very similar schedule to Adams). Goff's passer rating was 161.2, which is a fairly substantial drop-off. (Also of note, UDFA Boykin had a passer rating of 161.6).

So not only was Adams statistically the best QB in the draft, but he exerted that dominance in his first year with a new team. It's basically the same thing Russell did at Wisconsin.

I get why Adams scares scouts. Sickle Cell. Injuries. But to let him just go to the CFL seems like complete insanity to me, especially since his skills translate well to the NFL. He's not a system QB.

I liked Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in college so I'm not knocking those guys. But I fail to understand why Keenum is worth a 1st round tender RFA contract, and Daniel is worth a 2 year $14 million deal, and yet Bo Levi Mitchell and Vernon Adams are labelled as CFL QBs despite being better versions of the same type of QB. There are times when the scouting process is not as smart as it thinks it is, I think this is one such time.

kearly

Reaction score
chris98251":2992e4v7 said:
Poor guy isn't wanted anywhere.

Sounds like Adams forced a trade by asking for too much money. Keep in mind that the average CFL player makes $80k per year, compared to a rookie minimum in the NFL of $450k.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Signed a 3 year contract. Right now the teams starter is taj boyd, the ex Clemson qb. Va's biggest obstacle will be staying healthy, if he can do that I can see him winning the job.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
do keep in mind a lot of NFL qb's have gone to the cfl and flopped badly. They need to be RW like because a stay in the pocket guy will get killed in a hurry.

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
kearly":3mg444gy said:
chris98251":3mg444gy said:
Poor guy isn't wanted anywhere.

Sounds like Adams forced a trade by asking for too much money. Keep in mind that the average CFL player makes $80k per year, compared to a rookie minimum in the NFL of $450k.

50k is the rookie minimum. Starters get around 400k and starting QBs get obviously a lot more. Doug Flutie and Rocket Ismail were making a cool mill in the early 90's. The CFL doesn't publish its salaries. FYI.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/foot ... story.html

Technically he did force a trade buy asking for more money than the Lions were offering (rookie minimum is set at 52k with a 1k escalator for 3 years) but more likely he forced the trade because of opportunity. He refused to sign with the Lions because they have a Wilson clone (Jonathon Jennings) and a Hasselbeck clone (Travis Lulay) already entrenched. Point of interest I am currently watching a Lions preseason game and Keith Price looks to be the Lions QB3 this year.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/footb ... rnon-adams

Shy

IndyHawk

Reaction score
kearly":bi6ifuvr said:
Adams passer rating last year was 179.1.

The highest passer rating of any drafted QB in last month's draft was Jared Goff (who played a very similar schedule to Adams). Goff's passer rating was 161.2, which is a fairly substantial drop-off. (Also of note, UDFA Boykin had a passer rating of 161.6).

So not only was Adams statistically the best QB in the draft, but he exerted that dominance in his first year with a new team. It's basically the same thing Russell did at Wisconsin.

I get why Adams scares scouts. Sickle Cell. Injuries. But to let him just go to the CFL seems like complete insanity to me, especially since his skills translate well to the NFL. He's not a system QB.

I liked Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in college so I'm not knocking those guys. But I fail to understand why Keenum is worth a 1st round tender RFA contract, and Daniel is worth a 2 year $14 million deal, and yet Bo Levi Mitchell and Vernon Adams are labelled as CFL QBs despite being better versions of the same type of QB. There are times when the scouting process is not as smart as it thinks it is, I think this is one such time.
Well you answered your question which is durability and with money that has everything to do with it.I mean nobody wants a Romo and you can bet thats whats on NFL teams minds when it comes to a small guy like VA