Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UW women win national championship

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
UW women win national championship
Wed May 25, 2016 8:22 pm
  • In golf.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: UW women win national championship
Wed May 25, 2016 10:08 pm
  • Equivalent to winning one in track and field?
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24132
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: UW women win national championship
Wed May 25, 2016 10:44 pm
  • I swear JSeahawks exists solely to kick husky fans in the nuts.

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 11247
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: UW women win national championship
Wed May 25, 2016 11:00 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I swear JSeahawks exists solely to kick husky fans in the nuts.

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk


    Normally I'd say yes. But in this case I didn't say a thing. It's not football or basketball, but it's still a championship.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: UW women win national championship
Wed May 25, 2016 11:20 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I swear JSeahawks exists solely to kick husky fans in the nuts.

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk


    Normally I'd say yes. But in this case I didn't say a thing. It's not football or basketball, but it's still a championship.

    Dude. Come on.

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 11247
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: UW women win national championship
Wed May 25, 2016 11:30 pm
  • I'd like to also congratulate the 1939 Oregon Ducks men's basketball team for their championship! Well earned boys! And also the footb.... oh wait. Nevermind, hasn't happened yet. :lol:
    nategreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1700
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 12:36 pm


Re: UW women win national championship
Thu May 26, 2016 1:01 am
  • Anyone actually watch any part of the championship? Clutch shots by the UW ladies. Stanford is dominant, every year. Well done, and congrats - from a Coug.
    Hawker
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 481
    Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:59 pm
    Location: Pewyallup


Re: UW women win national championship
Thu May 26, 2016 8:07 am
  • Hawker wrote:Anyone actually watch any part of the championship? Clutch shots by the UW ladies. Stanford is dominant, every year. Well done, and congrats - from a Coug.

    Yeah, that was about as insane of a finish as you'll see. I'll paraphrase it for those who didn't see:

    There were five matches going on, playing match play. Four of the matches were seemingly decided early, with Standford winning two and UW winning two. Eyes were squarely on the Ying Luo match against some wretched Stanford beast, and it was all square for a lot of the match. On the 18th hole, Luo holes out from 60 yards in the bunker! She won the hole and match, seemingly ending the tournament. UW had a three hole lead with three holes to go in the last match of the day.

    Not so fast! The Standford wildebeest won each of the last three holes, sending the match to extra holes. UW wins in extra holes. Pretty intense. Luo has a fantastic figure and just a horrible golf swing. Overall, certainly some pretty ladies out there.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4680
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


Re: UW women win national championship
Thu May 26, 2016 10:26 am
  • Congrats, they got a good amount of love on SportsCenter tonight too.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4209
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am


Re: UW women win national championship
Thu May 26, 2016 11:35 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I swear JSeahawks exists solely to kick husky fans in the nuts.

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk


    Normally I'd say yes. But in this case I didn't say a thing. It's not football or basketball, but it's still a championship.

    Dude. Come on.

    Thus my crack about track and field.





    nategreat wrote:I'd like to also congratulate the 1939 Oregon Ducks men's basketball team for their championship! Well earned boys! And also the footb.... oh wait. Nevermind, hasn't happened yet. :lol:

    Huskies, 1991.......just a reminder J.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24132
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: UW women win national championship
Thu May 26, 2016 11:53 am
  • What's crazy is that it came down to two UW freshman vs two Stanford seniors.


    This is a good Championship. Any sport that is putting UW in the spotlight and headlines even a little is making UW look good.

    It's not only bleeding that spirit and energy into the school but the other sports, coaches, players, and fans who want to see more trophies.




    Also I'll take any win in Eugene at this point.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3335
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:07 pm


Re: UW women win national championship
Thu May 26, 2016 1:52 pm
  • And btw J, back in the early 60s, 1961 IIRC the Huskies demolished the number one ranked Big Ten team in the Rose Bowl but inexplicably there was no voting after Bowl games back then so they got gypped out of another National Championship.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24132
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: UW women win national championship
Fri May 27, 2016 5:26 pm
  • When we talk of UW football they have been gyped out of couple Championships,it happens since newspaper guys were allowed to do the voting.BTW congrats to the UW women
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5155
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: UW women win national championship
Mon May 30, 2016 7:25 pm
  • Duck, Aaron wise, win the individual title on the men's side.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: UW women win national championship
Tue May 31, 2016 6:12 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I swear JSeahawks exists solely to kick husky fans in the nuts.

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk


    Normally I'd say yes. But in this case I didn't say a thing. It's not football or basketball, but it's still a championship.

    Dude. Come on.

    Thus my crack about track and field.





    nategreat wrote:I'd like to also congratulate the 1939 Oregon Ducks men's basketball team for their championship! Well earned boys! And also the footb.... oh wait. Nevermind, hasn't happened yet. :lol:

    Huskies, 1991.......just a reminder J.



    Miami 91 just remember.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3515
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm


Re: UW women win national championship
Tue May 31, 2016 6:29 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I swear JSeahawks exists solely to kick husky fans in the nuts.


    Well, living in Oregon is a daily kick in the nuts, so....
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6469
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: UW women win national championship
Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:17 am
  • Oregon vs Texas for the men's championship today.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: UW women win national championship
Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:42 am
  • CPHawk wrote:Miami 91 just remember.

    Huskies win that matchup by 2 TDs, and that's coming from a Cougs fan. '91 Husky D was like the '13 Seahawks defense. Their speed was off the charts.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24132
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: UW women win national championship
Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:31 pm
  • Well who knew the NW was the hub of college golf. The ducks win the men's championship on the 4th sudden death hole. Were ranked 20th.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: UW women win national championship
Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:18 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Well who knew the NW was the hub of college golf. The ducks win the men's championship on the 4th sudden death hole. Were ranked 20th.


    Finally got one!
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11397
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 5:55 pm


Re: UW women win national championship
Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:50 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Well who knew the NW was the hub of college golf. The ducks win the men's championship on the 4th sudden death hole. Were ranked 20th.


    Finally got one!


    I think you confused UO with UW. UO now has 30 national titles, 17 of those coming in the last 10 years.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3515
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm




It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests