UW women win national championship

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2t1zu5h7 said:
I swear JSeahawks exists solely to kick husky fans in the nuts.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Normally I'd say yes. But in this case I didn't say a thing. It's not football or basketball, but it's still a championship.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2e49qlpn said:
Tech Worlds":2e49qlpn said:

Normally I'd say yes. But in this case I didn't say a thing. It's not football or basketball, but it's still a championship.
Dude. Come on.

nategreat

Reaction score
I'd like to also congratulate the 1939 Oregon Ducks men's basketball team for their championship! Well earned boys! And also the footb.... oh wait. Nevermind, hasn't happened yet. :lol:

Hawker

Reaction score
Anyone actually watch any part of the championship? Clutch shots by the UW ladies. Stanford is dominant, every year. Well done, and congrats - from a Coug.

Tical21

Reaction score
Hawker":1icjfbu1 said:
Anyone actually watch any part of the championship? Clutch shots by the UW ladies. Stanford is dominant, every year. Well done, and congrats - from a Coug.
Yeah, that was about as insane of a finish as you'll see. I'll paraphrase it for those who didn't see:

There were five matches going on, playing match play. Four of the matches were seemingly decided early, with Standford winning two and UW winning two. Eyes were squarely on the Ying Luo match against some wretched Stanford beast, and it was all square for a lot of the match. On the 18th hole, Luo holes out from 60 yards in the bunker! She won the hole and match, seemingly ending the tournament. UW had a three hole lead with three holes to go in the last match of the day.

Not so fast! The Standford wildebeest won each of the last three holes, sending the match to extra holes. UW wins in extra holes. Pretty intense. Luo has a fantastic figure and just a horrible golf swing. Overall, certainly some pretty ladies out there.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Congrats, they got a good amount of love on SportsCenter tonight too.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ke0qzz2 said:
JSeahawks":2ke0qzz2 said:
Tech Worlds":2ke0qzz2 said:

Dude. Come on.
Thus my crack about track and field.

nategreat":2ke0qzz2 said:
I'd like to also congratulate the 1939 Oregon Ducks men's basketball team for their championship! Well earned boys! And also the footb.... oh wait. Nevermind, hasn't happened yet. :lol:
Huskies, 1991.......just a reminder J.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
What's crazy is that it came down to two UW freshman vs two Stanford seniors.

This is a good Championship. Any sport that is putting UW in the spotlight and headlines even a little is making UW look good.

It's not only bleeding that spirit and energy into the school but the other sports, coaches, players, and fans who want to see more trophies.

Also I'll take any win in Eugene at this point.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
And btw J, back in the early 60s, 1961 IIRC the Huskies demolished the number one ranked Big Ten team in the Rose Bowl but inexplicably there was no voting after Bowl games back then so they got gypped out of another National Championship.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
When we talk of UW football they have been gyped out of couple Championships,it happens since newspaper guys were allowed to do the voting.BTW congrats to the UW women

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":29dcsgge said:
Tech Worlds":29dcsgge said:
JSeahawks":29dcsgge said:
Tech Worlds":29dcsgge said:

Dude. Come on.
Thus my crack about track and field.

nategreat":29dcsgge said:
Huskies, 1991.......just a reminder J.

Miami 91 just remember.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well who knew the NW was the hub of college golf. The ducks win the men's championship on the 4th sudden death hole. Were ranked 20th.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3653ef7p said:
Well who knew the NW was the hub of college golf. The ducks win the men's championship on the 4th sudden death hole. Were ranked 20th.

Finally got one!