Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay): Dead, at age 74

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio.

True world wide legend.

His actual boxing career was before my time, I think my most vivid memory of him is when he lit the Olympic torch in Atlanta. He was/is my dads idol.

Jiggy

Reaction score
Huge loss... so many great memories.

There will never be another like him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Great Athlete, Greater Man, nobody could ever say he never stood up for his convictions whether you agree with them or not, Greater yet a Humanitarian. Rest in Peace !!!

The Master Promoter and Trash Talker Antagonist .

Reason he was called the Greatest!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Although I hated his political rhetoric, I'm must say he was one of the sweetest fighters I've ever watched. And of course a great showman.

To me it was sad to watch his body break down. When he did the Olympic Torch thing I almost cried.

RIP, Champ.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rope a Dope basically cost his life. He was an interesting and articulate man. What is more shocking to me is that his contemporary George Foreman known as an angry man in both men's heyday has been more transformational and made more impact on multiple levels.

Sac

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ka96ojr5 said:
Rope a Dope basically cost his life. He was an interesting and articulate man. What is more shocking to me is that his contemporary George Foreman known as an angry man in both men's heyday has been more transformational and made more impact on multiple levels.
I agree. it's especially sad because he was fast enough, and in good enough shape to duck and dodge foreman all night and wear him out that way instead of taking all those punches.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ali took a lot less punishment in that Foreman fight then he ever did in the Frazier and Ken Norton fights, they were Epic for that time. They punched it out in the end but so many of Foremans Blows were taken on Ali's arms instead of concussive shots to the head. Frasier and Norton both delivered shots as well as Ali that were devastating to watch. You get a whole lot of respect for how tough all these guys were watching those fights.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I saw Ali in hi last Frazier fight and so on.He was a great promoter of himself and the sport.I don't think he was the greatest (Rocky) but was in the top 3.RIP he will not feel pain and be able to talk when he goes to Allahs Paradise.

A

Anonymous

One of the most influential human beings of our time.

1942 - 2016

Rest in Peace, a true Champion among men.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sad indeed. Like Chris said a great fighter and even greater humanitarian.
Godspeed Champ, may you rest in peace! :(

hawkfan68

Reaction score
G.O.A.T in the ring and in life. The world lost a genuine legend yesterday. He stood up for what he believed in whether people agreed with him or not. He did what he felt he had to do. Never gave up on or surrendered his principles. RIP Muhammad Ali.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ceg69mfg said:

How so? The "Lean Mean Fat-Grilling Machine?"

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":10gfe0c7 said:
MizzouHawkGal":10gfe0c7 said:

How so? The "Lean Mean Fat-Grilling Machine?"

:lol:

That's what I was wondering