Kevin Durant joins golden state Westbrook will not sign okc

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
There is a God omg thank you here comes the toilet okc

Just saw on the trending that Russell Westbrook will not be resigning with okc OMG its happening

falcongoggles

Reaction score
My wife is a longhorn (UT grad) and she loves KD. I've never been able to cheer for him because I despise Golden State. I am now KD's biggest fan. KD! KD! KD!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

I think this officially ends my interest in the NBA.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
So now OKC has to trade Westbrook and get stuck in mediocrity for a few years. Those fans deserve nothing less.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
The NBA is already terrible. Just pencil in Cleveland for the East and Golden State or San Antonio from the West. This has been in the offing since LeBron went to Miami joining Wade and Bosh. Stern letting Bennett steal the Sonics was terrible for the NBA and when OKC inevitably declines, Bennett and the NBA will get their comeuppance. A terrible team in a city that no player wants to play in.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
On July 16th, 2010, Durant tweeted:

Now everybody wants to go play for Miami and the Lakers? Lets get back to being competitive and going at these guys!

I guess in the last six years he's decided riding coat tails is easier than being competitive.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Karma is a .....

Who knows maybe OKC will suck so much, attendance will be down and they will come back to Seattle in 10 years. I can only hope.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Phase 1 of the OKC destruction complete

Phase 2 coming July 2017 (or sooner) when Westbrook leaves them high and dry.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":15a7t9ss said:
This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

You act like the NBA has had an NFL like parity run before these super teams came about. It's always been narrowed down to a handful of teams who could win.

Seafan

Reaction score
I don't watch the NBA regular season and the first complete game I've watched in years was this season's championship game.

OK needs to feel this way. They are now a regular team. When attendance dwindles....

Sports fans didn't think the MLB was horrible when Steinbrenner was dominating it. Too much fuss over this.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
It's a shame that the one OKC fan isnt here anymore to tell all displaced Sonic fans how KD would never leave OKC.

The current day NBA has shown that you cannot rely on the current system to build up an NBA franchise. GS is an anomaly in many regards as the past champions have built their teams with FA and Trades and relied less and less of developing talent through the draft.

KD leaving is the ultimate sign that the NBA does not allow for teams to win in this fashion. This basically cements that there are only a handful of teams that can truly compete.

Glad that KD is moving on and closing the chapter of OKC. I can watch even less basketball now.

Atradees

Reaction score
I will still be a fan. I am a fan of Damian Lilliard and McCullom these days.

They can win 50 games but it wont matter come the final rounds of the playoffs. Reminds me of the Jordan and Shaq era.

It feels like the new money has made the NBA even a little worse for small market teams.

The leadership of the NBA has always been more than a little bereft of imagination and integrity.

I would like to see some "competition" rules put into place.

1. 4 year college players. (return the college game to something relevant)

2. Longer rookie contracts for Mega Stars. This gives club control of players by their drafted teams for say....10 years.

3. More restricted free agency and free agency options that favor franchises.

4. Take the management out of franchises. The NBA has no business deciding where, when or how franchises should

operate including 2 billion dollar palaces being mandated. Now it has a collusive or "Racketeer" type of feeling.

WOO Hooo! Just crown Golden State every year. Should they even celebrate when they win over and over?

DJrmb

Reaction score
This news made my day! I don't care how petty some think it is, I will forever hold a grudge! I hope Oklahoma suffers the worst playoff drought of all time going forward.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3fb4tn9f said:
JSeahawks":3fb4tn9f said:

You act like the NBA has had an NFL like parity run before these super teams came about. It's always been narrowed down to a handful of teams who could win.

Agree 100%. The NBA has never had, and never will have parity. It's almost always the same teams in the playoffs every year, and then when they miss it somehow that team gets a top 3 pick.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Some of you are funny ... Remember when the Yankees were signing all the good players?
The NBA will be just fine. Next season, WestBrook will join a super team (Spurs? Celtics? Heat?) and this will become even more interesting. Do you all believe the Cavs will be good forever? LeBron is not 30 anymore ... even Kobe and Shaq had to age ....

3 years ago, nobody knew that the Warriors were going to be this good.
The Blazers have a good core of guys. Damian and CJ are 20+ ppg scorers. They just need help upfront.
Why is nobody talking about the 76ers? They have 2 extremely talented #1 picks on their rosters (Embiid should be back). And they also have Okafor. Let's hope they stay healthy. Minnesota has just gotten much much better.
The NBA will be fine. I can't wait to see OKC into the Abyss.
Screw Bennett .

CPHawk

Reaction score
If the Blazers can add Gasol, who even at his age still a good 16 and 11, they might be able to give the Warriors a series. But in the end GS will be to much.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm just curious to see how OKC will support their team when they aren't a championship quality team. They basically got gitf-wrapped a great team from day one. I'm guessing that building will be pretty empty once Westbrook leaves. And it's not like they have a great arena. I'd have my doubts about that city supporting the team in a few years.