Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Kevin Durant joins golden state Westbrook will not sign okc

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • There is a God omg thank you here comes the toilet okc

Just saw on the trending that Russell Westbrook will not be resigning with okc OMG its happening
    Last edited by hawkcrazzed on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ
    #CAPSFORJIMMY
    This staff does not care what Dan Quinn or anyone else knows.
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Re: Kevin Durant joins golden state
Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:58 am
  • FU Clay Bennett
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:59 am

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:03 am
  • My wife is a longhorn (UT grad) and she loves KD. I've never been able to cheer for him because I despise Golden State. I am now KD's biggest fan. KD! KD! KD!
    F-16 Viper Driver
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:18 am
  • This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

I think this officially ends my interest in the NBA.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:23 am
  • So now OKC has to trade Westbrook and get stuck in mediocrity for a few years. Those fans deserve nothing less.
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:24 am
  • The NBA is already terrible. Just pencil in Cleveland for the East and Golden State or San Antonio from the West. This has been in the offing since LeBron went to Miami joining Wade and Bosh. Stern letting Bennett steal the Sonics was terrible for the NBA and when OKC inevitably declines, Bennett and the NBA will get their comeuppance. A terrible team in a city that no player wants to play in.
    Kennedyin92
    NET Starter

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:05 am
  • On July 16th, 2010, Durant tweeted:

Now everybody wants to go play for Miami and the Lakers? Lets get back to being competitive and going at these guys!

I guess in the last six years he's decided riding coat tails is easier than being competitive.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:08 am
  • Karma is a .....

Who knows maybe OKC will suck so much, attendance will be down and they will come back to Seattle in 10 years. I can only hope.
    BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:13 am
  • Phase 1 of the OKC destruction complete

Phase 2 coming July 2017 (or sooner) when Westbrook leaves them high and dry.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:14 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

You act like the NBA has had an NFL like parity run before these super teams came about. It's always been narrowed down to a handful of teams who could win.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:22 am
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:23 am
  • I don't watch the NBA regular season and the first complete game I've watched in years was this season's championship game.

OK needs to feel this way. They are now a regular team. When attendance dwindles....

Sports fans didn't think the MLB was horrible when Steinbrenner was dominating it. Too much fuss over this.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:28 am
  • It's a shame that the one OKC fan isnt here anymore to tell all displaced Sonic fans how KD would never leave OKC.

The current day NBA has shown that you cannot rely on the current system to build up an NBA franchise. GS is an anomaly in many regards as the past champions have built their teams with FA and Trades and relied less and less of developing talent through the draft.

KD leaving is the ultimate sign that the NBA does not allow for teams to win in this fashion. This basically cements that there are only a handful of teams that can truly compete.

Glad that KD is moving on and closing the chapter of OKC. I can watch even less basketball now.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:28 am
  • I will still be a fan. I am a fan of Damian Lilliard and McCullom these days.

They can win 50 games but it wont matter come the final rounds of the playoffs. Reminds me of the Jordan and Shaq era.

It feels like the new money has made the NBA even a little worse for small market teams.

The leadership of the NBA has always been more than a little bereft of imagination and integrity.

I would like to see some "competition" rules put into place.

1. 4 year college players. (return the college game to something relevant)

2. Longer rookie contracts for Mega Stars. This gives club control of players by their drafted teams for say....10 years.

3. More restricted free agency and free agency options that favor franchises.

4. Take the management out of franchises. The NBA has no business deciding where, when or how franchises should

operate including 2 billion dollar palaces being mandated. Now it has a collusive or "Racketeer" type of feeling.

WOO Hooo! Just crown Golden State every year. Should they even celebrate when they win over and over?
    Last edited by Atradees on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:48 am
  • This news made my day! I don't care how petty some think it is, I will forever hold a grudge! I hope Oklahoma suffers the worst playoff drought of all time going forward.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:57 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

You act like the NBA has had an NFL like parity run before these super teams came about. It's always been narrowed down to a handful of teams who could win.

Agree 100%. The NBA has never had, and never will have parity. It's almost always the same teams in the playoffs every year, and then when they miss it somehow that team gets a top 3 pick.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:10 am
  • Some of you are funny ... Remember when the Yankees were signing all the good players?
    The NBA will be just fine. Next season, WestBrook will join a super team (Spurs? Celtics? Heat?) and this will become even more interesting. Do you all believe the Cavs will be good forever? LeBron is not 30 anymore ... even Kobe and Shaq had to age ....

3 years ago, nobody knew that the Warriors were going to be this good.
    The Blazers have a good core of guys. Damian and CJ are 20+ ppg scorers. They just need help upfront.
    Why is nobody talking about the 76ers? They have 2 extremely talented #1 picks on their rosters (Embiid should be back). And they also have Okafor. Let's hope they stay healthy. Minnesota has just gotten much much better.
    The NBA will be fine. I can't wait to see OKC into the Abyss.
    Screw Bennett .
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:15 am
  • If the Blazers can add Gasol, who even at his age still a good 16 and 11, they might be able to give the Warriors a series. But in the end GS will be to much.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:18 am
  • I'm just curious to see how OKC will support their team when they aren't a championship quality team. They basically got gitf-wrapped a great team from day one. I'm guessing that building will be pretty empty once Westbrook leaves. And it's not like they have a great arena. I'd have my doubts about that city supporting the team in a few years.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:41 am
  • CPHawk wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

Agree 100%. The NBA has never had, and never will have parity. It's almost always the same teams in the playoffs every year, and then when they miss it somehow that team gets a top 3 pick.

Yea, I suppose. I've been gradually losing interest in the NBA for the last few years anyway. Hardly ever watch anymore other then an occasional Blazer game. I watch way more MLS than NBA, and I never would have thought it would be that way. We'll see if the Blazers can rope me in next year, but for now I think i'm done.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:55 am
  • This all started a few years ago when they were not able to afford the luxury tax bill associated with keeping James Harden and accelerated the departure last week at the draft when they traded Serge Ibaka. Rumour has it that Westbrook and Durant were getting sick of Ibaka anyways but the point i am making and the one that Durant saw was that the team couldn't afford to keep the high priced talent they had acquired through the draft and that they would be constantly trading established skill players for up and coming talents that had to be developed and this is not a good thing for Westbrook or Durant because they had to carry the team regardless of who else was helping and they have been reminded twice now that when they do have a support network it will be eroded over time to appease financial demands from the owners and decisions will not be made with consideration of the win total.

They had to see the writing on the wall with this a few years ago but i believe Clay Bennett and Sam Presti honestly thought that Durant wasn't wired to leave OKC like he did today. That is something I am confident about. Even the last tweet by Royce Young who covers the Thunder is very emotional and its a barb against Durants word.

The league needs to install a franchise player tag if they want this to stop happening. Although the NBAPA will not let that happen anytime soon (and hasn't over the years because of the racial understones of a league with majority white owners restricting a majority black work force from earning and living in the communities of their choice...I don't like to incite debates with race but in this instance that is the explicit reason). They cannot restrict free agency or put in longer rookie contracts without MAJOR CONCESSIONS in the next CBA negotiations and Michele Roberts is going to help the players get a better deal next round. She seems like a very able and competent business woman.

The NBA has always been more WWE then IOC but this signing has really tempered the interest from a lot of fans...especially the older generations who would never accept this behavior from their contemporaries as well as fans of up and coming teams who now realize that they have to slay a juggernaut on top of running the gauntlet to become champions. I am sure Adam Silver is all smiles, the league made boat loads of money when everybody was hating on the Heatles therefore i am sure this will be no different.

My team finally doesn't suck historically bad and now they have no chance of winning. That isn't pessimism its pragmatism :)
    soohawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:12 am
  • So more than likely, next year the Warriors will have to re-negotiate with KD and Curry?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:21 am
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:48 am
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:53 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:

Yea, I suppose. I've been gradually losing interest in the NBA for the last few years anyway. Hardly ever watch anymore other then an occasional Blazer game. I watch way more MLS than NBA, and I never would have thought it would be that way. We'll see if the Blazers can rope me in next year, but for now I think i'm done.

GS needs a big 4 to handle CLE :pukeface: This also pretty much ends it for me between seeing the best ever to play and the Sonics being moved.I had an itch to see CLE win and they did.I do not want a year after year thing watching weak defense and a bunch of 3 point attempts.I don't see the game getting better and the players are not better.It's a freaking joke what they make,I think it's time for the NBA to die.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:24 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:If the Blazers can add Gasol, who even at his age still a good 16 and 11, they might be able to give the Warriors a series. But in the end GS will be to much.

They can add whoever they want, they wouldn't win more than 1 game in a 7-game series against the Warriors. It looks like Gasol is going to SA anyways. It must suck being a fan of any team other than Cleveland, GS and SA. You basically know you have zero shot at winning the title.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:44 pm
  • Its Seattle's year, confirmed again.
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:47 pm
  • If we are going to go the route of super-teams. I want to see Westbrook leave OKC for SA. I want to see Westbrook/Leonard/Aldridge vs Curry/Klay/KD.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:09 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

Good, I hate the crap league that is the NBA.

That thud you just heard??? ......that was the OKC championship window that just slammed shut forever!
    Clay Clay might as well sell that team as Karma just came and bit him on his big fat ass.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:15 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:If we are going to go the route of super-teams. I want to see Westbrook leave OKC for SA. I want to see Westbrook/Leonard/Aldridge vs Curry/Klay/KD.

Laker, book it.

Besides Aldridge never will be a big 3. The guy disappears anytime it's crunch time. SA won't win crap with him.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:19 pm
  • I haven't watched the NBA since the Sonics died, but this news has me all...

"The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:27 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:

Good, I hate the crap league that is the NBA.

That thud you just heard??? ......that was the OKC championship window that just slammed shut forever!
    Clay Clay might as well sell that team as Karma just came and bit him on his big fat ass.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:33 pm
  • Aaaahhhh feels good I can follow Durant on twitter now. :2thumbs:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:17 pm
  • This is the best thing to happen to Sonics fans in a LONG time.
    86Hawk
    NET Starter

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:17 pm
  • Westbrook leaves next summer and attendance tanks, give it 5 years after that before they no longer have enough attendance to justify a team.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:29 pm
  • In my opinion he is weak for taking the easy way out to a championship.
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:46 pm
  • Gotta love Bruce Irvin.

You may be a Raider now, but you will always be remembered fondly. :irishdrinkers:
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:54 pm
  • We may not have to wait long for OKC to lose Westbrook. Just read something about how they may have to trade him before he becomes a FA to make sure they get something in return. Last thing OKC wants is to have both KD and Westbrook leave and get nothing in return.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:16 pm
  • Sorry if this has been posted. Can't see tweets with tapatalk.

Best tweet of the day.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:55 pm
  • Laloosh wrote:Sorry if this has been posted. Can't see tweets with tapatalk.

Best tweet of the day.

LOL.
    McG
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:32 pm
  • Clint Gresham kills it!!! ROFL
    "I want it! I hate losing!"
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:39 pm
  • Bruce is my all time favorite now, he's been riding with us even though he left.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:53 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:So more than likely, next year the Warriors will have to re-negotiate with KD and Curry?

Curry will be an UFA next year and KD can opt out again to sign a max deal with all the TV money in place. So what will probably happen is the Warriors will give KD the max money first, then because the Warriors have Curry's Bird's rights they can give him a max deal and go over the cap in the process. This would mean they'd have to pay the luxury tax, but highly doubt Lacob would care about that if they win titles.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:54 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:We may not have to wait long for OKC to lose Westbrook. Just read something about how they may have to trade him before he becomes a FA to make sure they get something in return. Last thing OKC wants is to have both KD and Westbrook leave and get nothing in return.

Yep wouldn't surprise me at all if they trade him before the season begins just like they did with James Harden.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:55 pm
  • IrishNW wrote:Its Seattle's year, confirmed again.

Yup.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:27 pm
  • Imma be real honest I had mixed emotions.

Like I'm happy as hell we're gonna see the inevitable collapse of the thunder into a sniveling pile of if I only's. And the fact that now I can root for KD unless he's playing 'Bron or the Grizzlies, and I wouldn't ultimately be sad to see him finally get a ring.

But on the other hand, the warriors? Really?! The one team I can't stand to watch?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:02 pm
  • Laloosh wrote:Sorry if this has been posted. Can't see tweets with tapatalk.

Best tweet of the day.

Amen.

I love this tweet. Man I loved the Seattle Supersonics. I still have a 1979 Sonics Championship shirt my Dad bought me when I was seven. Still seems surreal to me that their gone. I'll never lose the ill will I have for all those involved in the debacle.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:10 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Imma be real honest I had mixed emotions.

Like I'm happy as hell we're gonna see the inevitable collapse of the thunder into a sniveling pile of if I only's. And the fact that now I can root for KD unless he's playing 'Bron or the Grizzlies, and I wouldn't ultimately be sad to see him finally get a ring.

But on the other hand, the warriors? Really?! The one team I can't stand to watch?

Grow up and deal unless you've some kind of Oregon lover? And just to make sure I heard correctly, you actually still watch the NBA? Interesting.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:28 pm
  • Don't do this to yourself
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Next

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]