Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Another blow for UFC 200

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Another blow for UFC 200
Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:16 pm
  • 8-9 months ago, it was assumed that the UFC's biggest draw, Rhonda Rousey, would headline UFC 200. Then she received an epic beat down at the hands of Holly Holm, hasn't fought since, and nobody really knows what's going on with her or her MMA career at this point.

A few months ago, Connor McGregor, the UFC's next biggest draw after Rousey, was set to headline UFC 200. Then, he lost to Nate Diaz and in the "fallout" from that loss got in to a petty spat with UFC president Dana White. The result of said spat, was McGregor being pulled from the main event at UFC 200.

Now, 2 days before UFC 200, it has been announced that Jon Jones has been removed from the main event, due to an anti doping violation.

The main event for what was once supposed to be the greatest fight card in MMA history is now Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt. Basically a novelty fight.

Man, talk about a series of unfortunate events, what an epic shit show.

There is talk that Anderson Silva or Connor McGregor might be added to the fight card, but with only 2 days notice, that seems pretty unlikely to me. Even if one of them is added, what type of performance could realistically be expected on such incredibly short notice?

And I'll say this, Dana White is stubborn as hell and absolutely one to hold a grudge and he has to be furious at Jon Jones right now. This is strike 3 for Jones and I would not be the least bit surprised to never see him in the octagon again. Dude could be done.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Re: Another blow for UFC 200
Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:09 pm
  • I pre-ordered these fights last weekend, and just called Comcast today to cancel. I'm sure they will be 1000's of others doing the same thing.

Vote with your wallet.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:31 pm
  • Now we have Silva, fresh off surgery, fighting in two days. Not sure if he'll be able to hang or not.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:47 pm
  • Bump.

Anybody watching?
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:42 pm
  • Cain looked great.
    He's for sure back in contention.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:20 am
  • Can't believe Brock won, and honestly did it pretty easily. I thought he would get knocked out in the first.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information