Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Allen Crabbe

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Allen Crabbe
Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:01 pm
  • Allen Crabbe signs 4-year, $75 million with the Nets......

This is a back up player on a team full of guards. Not a great defender....not a fulltime player. He shoots the three well
    but I doubt in a fulltime role his percentages stay the same. His defense? Meh....

Surely Portland wont match it.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Re: Allen Crabbe
Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:05 pm
  • Easy decision IMO.

Pat connaughton and mo harkless can fill his role no problem.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:16 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Easy decision IMO.

Pat connaughton and mo harkless can fill his role no problem.

Hopefully you are correct. I do like the new center...upgradin the D Fence! I am trying to buy into Evan. With Ezeli it seems like Trailblazers will be a bit better defensively.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:51 pm
  • For that kinda money you gotta let him walk, Portland has quietly gotten better. I do live what Olshey has done....
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:08 pm
  • Yes definitely. On the same trajectory as the last half of the season Portland could top 50 wins easily.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:53 pm
  • They shouldn't match on that. I don't really like Portland's offseason to this point. They've basically done nothing other than getting Evan Turner. But they've also lost Crabbe and Henderson. If they can get Ezeli then I like their offseason a bit more, but they haven't done anything that would make you think they can beat the elite in the West. It's not like they were going to contend with the OKC's and Spurs of the West anyways, but I think they may even take a step back next year. Other teams have gotten better while I think Portland hasn't really moved forward. It didn't help that Portland didn't have a first round pick either.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:27 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:They shouldn't match on that. I don't really like Portland's offseason to this point. They've basically done nothing other than getting Evan Turner. But they've also lost Crabbe and Henderson. If they can get Ezeli then I like their offseason a bit more, but they haven't done anything that would make you think they can beat the elite in the West. It's not like they were going to contend with the OKC's and Spurs of the West anyways, but I think they may even take a step back next year. Other teams have gotten better while I think Portland hasn't really moved forward. It didn't help that Portland didn't have a first round pick either.

They signed Ezeli yesterday, to an insanely cheap contract. 2 years $17 million.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:15 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:They shouldn't match on that. I don't really like Portland's offseason to this point. They've basically done nothing other than getting Evan Turner. But they've also lost Crabbe and Henderson. If they can get Ezeli then I like their offseason a bit more, but they haven't done anything that would make you think they can beat the elite in the West. It's not like they were going to contend with the OKC's and Spurs of the West anyways, but I think they may even take a step back next year. Other teams have gotten better while I think Portland hasn't really moved forward. It didn't help that Portland didn't have a first round pick either.

They signed Ezeli yesterday, to an insanely cheap contract. 2 years $17 million.

Lets just hope he is healthy
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:25 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:They shouldn't match on that. I don't really like Portland's offseason to this point. They've basically done nothing other than getting Evan Turner. But they've also lost Crabbe and Henderson. If they can get Ezeli then I like their offseason a bit more, but they haven't done anything that would make you think they can beat the elite in the West. It's not like they were going to contend with the OKC's and Spurs of the West anyways, but I think they may even take a step back next year. Other teams have gotten better while I think Portland hasn't really moved forward. It didn't help that Portland didn't have a first round pick either.

Lets just hope he is healthy

True. But his health and his finals performance was why he was such a great value.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:19 am
  • Nice, Ezeli is a great addition. He has the potential to start. I don't think he will ever be anything special, but he will be a solid center. Should be able to give the Blazers a 12 and 10 stat line most nights.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:11 am
  • The Blazers had to upgrade the defense. We will see how it shakes out. Ezeli is a bright guy. Loved his interviews.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:32 am
  • Atradees wrote:The Blazers had to upgrade the defense. We will see how it shakes out. Ezeli is a bright guy. Loved his interviews.

Apparently Ezeli is great at defending the PnR, which to my eye has been a major weakness of the Blazers defense. I think between him and Turner the defense should improve noticeably. The only question with Ezeli is his knees, hence why his contract is so team friendly. The only downside of the contract is that if he stays healthy and plays well, the Blazers will have a hard time re-signing him in two years since they won't have his full Bird rights. But I suppose that would be a nice problem to have.
    Alexander
    NET Rookie

Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:18 pm
  • Bla ers are matching crabbes offer.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:22 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Bla ers are matching crabbes offer.

It's a lot of money for a role player, but that's the NBA. He continues to get better from year to year, so hopefully that continues.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:50 pm
  • Holy!!!!!! I am 5'7" and 46 years old..........I can get 5 mill a year for my 3 point shot?
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:24 pm
  • Blazers sign cj mccullum to max deal. 4 years, 104 million.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:37 am
  • Luxury tax coming?
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:46 pm

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:50 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:I wonder what happens to Mo Harkless now :?

4 years 40 million :lol:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:54 pm
  • hahaha, well there we go :D outside of Dame and CJ that kid has the most upside! Good to hear
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information