Allen Crabbe

Atradees

Reaction score
Allen Crabbe signs 4-year, $75 million with the Nets......

This is a back up player on a team full of guards. Not a great defender....not a fulltime player. He shoots the three well
but I doubt in a fulltime role his percentages stay the same. His defense? Meh....

Surely Portland wont match it.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
JSeahawks":dyeop4b0 said:
Easy decision IMO.

Pat connaughton and mo harkless can fill his role no problem.

Hopefully you are correct. I do like the new center...upgradin the D Fence! I am trying to buy into Evan. With Ezeli it seems like Trailblazers will be a bit better defensively.

m0ng0

Reaction score
For that kinda money you gotta let him walk, Portland has quietly gotten better. I do live what Olshey has done....

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Yes definitely. On the same trajectory as the last half of the season Portland could top 50 wins easily.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
They shouldn't match on that. I don't really like Portland's offseason to this point. They've basically done nothing other than getting Evan Turner. But they've also lost Crabbe and Henderson. If they can get Ezeli then I like their offseason a bit more, but they haven't done anything that would make you think they can beat the elite in the West. It's not like they were going to contend with the OKC's and Spurs of the West anyways, but I think they may even take a step back next year. Other teams have gotten better while I think Portland hasn't really moved forward. It didn't help that Portland didn't have a first round pick either.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2hjctnlv said:
They shouldn't match on that. I don't really like Portland's offseason to this point. They've basically done nothing other than getting Evan Turner. But they've also lost Crabbe and Henderson. If they can get Ezeli then I like their offseason a bit more, but they haven't done anything that would make you think they can beat the elite in the West. It's not like they were going to contend with the OKC's and Spurs of the West anyways, but I think they may even take a step back next year. Other teams have gotten better while I think Portland hasn't really moved forward. It didn't help that Portland didn't have a first round pick either.

They signed Ezeli yesterday, to an insanely cheap contract. 2 years $17 million.

m0ng0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":32t2ldq5 said:
Hawk-Lock":32t2ldq5 said:

They signed Ezeli yesterday, to an insanely cheap contract. 2 years $17 million.

Lets just hope he is healthy

hawksfan515

Reaction score
m0ng0":h0nwyiqe said:
JSeahawks":h0nwyiqe said:
Hawk-Lock":h0nwyiqe said:

Lets just hope he is healthy

True. But his health and his finals performance was why he was such a great value.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Nice, Ezeli is a great addition. He has the potential to start. I don't think he will ever be anything special, but he will be a solid center. Should be able to give the Blazers a 12 and 10 stat line most nights.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
The Blazers had to upgrade the defense. We will see how it shakes out. Ezeli is a bright guy. Loved his interviews.

Alexander

Reaction score
Atradees":btae0rmq said:
The Blazers had to upgrade the defense. We will see how it shakes out. Ezeli is a bright guy. Loved his interviews.

Apparently Ezeli is great at defending the PnR, which to my eye has been a major weakness of the Blazers defense. I think between him and Turner the defense should improve noticeably. The only question with Ezeli is his knees, hence why his contract is so team friendly. The only downside of the contract is that if he stays healthy and plays well, the Blazers will have a hard time re-signing him in two years since they won't have his full Bird rights. But I suppose that would be a nice problem to have.

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":6h817rkh said:
Bla ers are matching crabbes offer.

It's a lot of money for a role player, but that's the NBA. He continues to get better from year to year, so hopefully that continues.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Holy!!!!!! I am 5'7" and 46 years old..........I can get 5 mill a year for my 3 point shot?

m0ng0

Reaction score
hahaha, well there we go :D outside of Dame and CJ that kid has the most upside! Good to hear