The Open Championship

Tical21

Reaction score
Was anybody watching? This is my second favorite sporting event every year. I'm a super geek about it, and I was so happy that Golf Channel was showing 13 hours on Thursday and Friday. I haven't slept in a few days, might be getting fired this week, but it was pretty worth it. I really woke up this morning not looking forward to Sunday at all. It is usually so much more fun when you have a leaderboard full of guys that all have a chance to make things interesting. This was a 2-man race. I thought they were going to come out playing pretty conservative, and we were going to get a Sunday of two guys playing even par, which would make it as boring as any major can be. Wow, did they put on a show! Phil and Henrik casting spells in every direction. Until the 17th, this was an absolutely riveting day. They got to a level very few guys, if any, get to on Sundays. Henrik is usually so boring to watch, but his mastery over Troon and his game was breathtaking. I need to go buy a new 3-wood.

getnasty

Reaction score
Feel for Phil, for all the ones he's thrown away he deserved this one. Unfortunately Stenson was on another plant today.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Phil played great but the other guy was just a bit better with more luck.

Hawker

Reaction score
I picked Rory in my one-n-done league. Tied for 5th in a major, not bad. I had already burnt my Phil and Henrik cards as well.

Agreed, that was one hell of a major. With Stenson's win, that leaves (in my book) Fowler and Garcia as the two best in the world without a major. Maybe throw Reed in there too.

3 majors down, 1 to go. 1st time major winners all year long thus far, I see no reason to change it so I'll probably pick Fowler to win the PGA in a few weeks (though he's played fairly dissatisfying golf of late).

Largent80

Reaction score
I find golf to be maybe more boring to watch than curling, which may possibly be wolds most boring.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":2q9vwx9q said:
I find golf to be maybe more boring to watch than curling, which may possibly be wolds most boring.

Do you play?

I've found that golf is pretty divided, but once you start playing you get the bug to watch it as well because you then understand how difficult the game is, therefore appreciating how talented the pros are. Cause they make it look easy, and it's anything but.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I put the tv on that channel here on Saturday morning after my cartoons, and then Sunday morning when I got up and was glued to the tv for most of the morning til noon when it was over. I loved the battle. Second and third were just a minor commentary, but still necessary. I was asked to help a friend on Sunday morning but I told him I was watching the open. The minute the open was over, he called. I called back in 20 mins on the way to help him. Now we have a few weeks to the next major and I am on the way up to get huckleberries and maybe fish a bit. SWEEET Tournament to the end.

Hawker

Reaction score
Largent80":1am3kh91 said:

I'm an avid golfer, so I love watching any tournament but even I can admit, to a non-golfer the tournaments on television can be a bit dry.

Simple remedy? Tune to the LPGA on Golf Channel next time. :drool:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawker":30pujv60 said:
Largent80":30pujv60 said:

I'm an avid golfer, so I love watching any tournament but even I can admit, to a non-golfer the tournaments on television can be a bit dry.

Since the open was early in the day...we had to watch some of this in between working on a project....um uh...nevermind.

:drool: :stirthepot: :drool:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawker":2v6z53j2 said:

I'm a sucker for the golf skirt, and long hair pulled through the baseball hat look. Paula Creamer ftw.

1370263986000 paulacreamer 1306030854 4 3
Paula creamer

Hawker

Reaction score
Someone post a picture of Gerina Piller, stat.

In another attempt to change Largent80's mindset in regards to watching golf broadcasts.

Largent80

Reaction score
Nothing will change my mind about watching golf, but go ahead and try if it makes ya feel better, by the way J my Cars tribute band disbanded over 2 years ago, but some of them are keeping it going because it sells out wherever we played, including Las Vegas.