Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Tiger is out for 2016

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Tiger is out for 2016
Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:45 pm
  • As reported @ http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/17106193/tiger-woods-withdraws-pga-championship-done-season This sucks but he can't play his best if he's hurting unless it's his leg.I look foward to seeing him play at a higher level than the Tiger of 2014/15.He has stated that he isn't coming back until healthy and his game is ready to play at the highest level.This is likely why 2016 is out but look out 2017,It will be fun to watch.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Tiger is out for 2016
Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:14 pm
  • Woods is 40, I don't see him ever being relevant again, even if he's healthy.

His game was always predicated on power, practice and intimidation........neither of which he will ever have again on a consistent basis.

I'd love to see him back on tour, cause he's good for the game if he's in contention. But no, too many amazing golfers on tour now for Woods to get back on track and challenge Nicklaus again.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:24 pm
  • Woods set a standard of physical fitness for todays Golfers, once his debacle of a divorce happened and his first injury he gave the pack time to catch up and he was shown to be a mortal.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:59 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Woods is 40, I don't see him ever being relevant again, even if he's healthy.

His game was always predicated on power, practice and intimidation........neither of which he will ever have again on a consistent basis.

I'd love to see him back on tour, cause he's good for the game if he's in contention. But no, too many amazing golfers on tour now for Woods to get back on track and challenge Nicklaus again.

I don't agree much with this. Tiger's success was because of putting, short game, shotmaking, and the ability to play well on the biggest stages. It has been a long time since he had overwhelming power.

We just watched a major contested between a 40-year old and a 46-year old. If Tiger isn't relevant again, it will be a while before the #1 reason is age.

Does he have permanent damage to his back? I think he does. If not, he will get back to contending in majors, and winning some of the ones that nobody else has the backbone to seize. I don't think he can go 20 under at Troon anymore, but I think a healthy Woods would have added another green jacket in April.

I was hoping we wouldn't see him this year. Super glad he isn't rushing back. Hoping we see him again.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:34 am
  • ^^^ Steve Stricker placed 4th, Zach Johnson in 12th. Guys over 40 are very much relevant (to add onto your point).

I'm bummed. After videos he has posted online of himself running clinics for his youth golfers, he looked very healthy while displaying a full range of motion with his driver, woods and irons. I hope he is taking the rest of the season off for one reason: to play a full season next year.

Much like a Fred Couples, after back injury, your swing changes completely. I'm sure he is still adapting, and will be back in contention soon enough.

If Steven frikken Bowditch (who BARELY breaks 80 in pro tournies) is still out there every week posting god awful +10 scores, I want to see Tiger back in his new form asap.

Thinking of a Woods/Fowler.... Woods/Spieth.... Woods/Day (et al) final pairing gives me chills.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:03 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Woods is 40, I don't see him ever being relevant again, even if he's healthy.

I don't agree much with this. Tiger's success was because of putting, short game, shotmaking, and the ability to play well on the biggest stages. It has been a long time since he had overwhelming power.

I said practice.

Butch Harmon and every other coach of Tiger has said no one practiced harder than Tiger.......thus the amazing iron and short game.

That's my point, I don't think he'll ever be healthy enough to push his body to the brink practicing and playing. Nor do I think he'll change the way he swings to not try and kill the ball. That's why his knees and back are shot, 20 years straight of putting a ton of torque on those muscles and joints.

Lastly his confidence and intimidation factor is why other golfer's crapped the bed just about everytime they were in the final group with him. His aura mentally destroyed people, that's been gone for over 10 years.

I'd love to see Tiger come back, he's good for the game. Just don't see it happening.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:56 pm
  • That divorce ended him... It's not the physical issues.. it's the mental demons he's fighting.... Any sport is more mental then physical when you are at a professional level.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:58 am
  • Addiction to sex did him in. He should have just visited his roots in Thailand and taken care of it.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information