Tiger is out for 2016

IndyHawk

Reaction score

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Woods is 40, I don't see him ever being relevant again, even if he's healthy.

His game was always predicated on power, practice and intimidation........neither of which he will ever have again on a consistent basis.

I'd love to see him back on tour, cause he's good for the game if he's in contention. But no, too many amazing golfers on tour now for Woods to get back on track and challenge Nicklaus again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Woods set a standard of physical fitness for todays Golfers, once his debacle of a divorce happened and his first injury he gave the pack time to catch up and he was shown to be a mortal.

Tical21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":l22j5i2o said:

His game was always predicated on power, practice and intimidation........neither of which he will ever have again on a consistent basis.

I'd love to see him back on tour, cause he's good for the game if he's in contention. But no, too many amazing golfers on tour now for Woods to get back on track and challenge Nicklaus again.
I don't agree much with this. Tiger's success was because of putting, short game, shotmaking, and the ability to play well on the biggest stages. It has been a long time since he had overwhelming power.

We just watched a major contested between a 40-year old and a 46-year old. If Tiger isn't relevant again, it will be a while before the #1 reason is age.

Does he have permanent damage to his back? I think he does. If not, he will get back to contending in majors, and winning some of the ones that nobody else has the backbone to seize. I don't think he can go 20 under at Troon anymore, but I think a healthy Woods would have added another green jacket in April.

I was hoping we wouldn't see him this year. Super glad he isn't rushing back. Hoping we see him again.

Hawker

Reaction score
^^^ Steve Stricker placed 4th, Zach Johnson in 12th. Guys over 40 are very much relevant (to add onto your point).

I'm bummed. After videos he has posted online of himself running clinics for his youth golfers, he looked very healthy while displaying a full range of motion with his driver, woods and irons. I hope he is taking the rest of the season off for one reason: to play a full season next year.

Much like a Fred Couples, after back injury, your swing changes completely. I'm sure he is still adapting, and will be back in contention soon enough.

If Steven frikken Bowditch (who BARELY breaks 80 in pro tournies) is still out there every week posting god awful +10 scores, I want to see Tiger back in his new form asap.

Thinking of a Woods/Fowler.... Woods/Spieth.... Woods/Day (et al) final pairing gives me chills.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tical21":11odm51r said:
Sgt. Largent":11odm51r said:

I don't agree much with this. Tiger's success was because of putting, short game, shotmaking, and the ability to play well on the biggest stages. It has been a long time since he had overwhelming power.

I said practice.

Butch Harmon and every other coach of Tiger has said no one practiced harder than Tiger.......thus the amazing iron and short game.

That's my point, I don't think he'll ever be healthy enough to push his body to the brink practicing and playing. Nor do I think he'll change the way he swings to not try and kill the ball. That's why his knees and back are shot, 20 years straight of putting a ton of torque on those muscles and joints.

Lastly his confidence and intimidation factor is why other golfer's crapped the bed just about everytime they were in the final group with him. His aura mentally destroyed people, that's been gone for over 10 years.

I'd love to see Tiger come back, he's good for the game. Just don't see it happening.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
That divorce ended him... It's not the physical issues.. it's the mental demons he's fighting.... Any sport is more mental then physical when you are at a professional level.

Largent80

Reaction score
Addiction to sex did him in. He should have just visited his roots in Thailand and taken care of it.