Who Is On Your Seattle Sports Mt Rushmore

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think there is one obvious name that should be on everyone's Mt Rushmore, and that's Ken Griffey Jr. After that it's kind of up in the air.

I don't want to post mine yet because I'm not sure, but curious what others comes up with.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure right now but in the future I imagine it would include a ton of current seahawks.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
From a non Seattle resident or fan (other than the seahawks) I'd probably go: Griffey jr, Gary Payton, Steve largent, and don James.

chris98251

Reaction score
Since Mount Rushmore is about the past.

John Nordstrom
William Daley
Sam Schulman
Danny Kaye

Without these men this thread would not exist.

Tical21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":27jj2w5x said:
From a non Seattle resident or fan (other than the seahawks) I'd probably go: Griffey jr, Gary Payton, Steve largent, and don James.
Who could I kick off this list to replace with Freddy?

Rob12

Reaction score
Junior
Russell
Payton
Carroll
King Felix

Hard not to put two current Seahawks on there. Only major professional sports title in Seattle's history since the Sonics almost 40 years ago. And yeah, I'm putting five on my mountain even though there's only four spots.

Just missing the cut:

Largent
Beast
Edgar
Kemp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throwdown

Reaction score
Griffey, payton, largent, I really don't know for the 4th I wanna double down on the sonics and put Kemp but nah

Maulbert

Reaction score
The thing is, the greatest players (to this point) have not been members of the Hawks or Sonics when they won their titles, so there's a fair amount of second guessing.... I'd probably go Griffey, Largent, Payton, and Paul Allen.

For Mariners players only, I go Griffey, Edgar, Ichiro, and Felix. For Hawks players only (as we stand right now) I go Largent, Kennedy, Jones, and Easley. For Sonics, I go Payton, Kemp, Brown, and Haywood, although I don't know basketball as well.

kearly

Reaction score
Pete Carroll, Don James, Ken Griffey jr., Russell Wilson.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I might add, I have no Huskies because A) I don't think of them as a Seattle team, and B) I'm not a Huskies fan. Although it'd be really nice if you guys would man up and beat Oregon.

45-38.

irocdave

Reaction score
Pro sports only -

1- Junior. 1st national true super star athlete associated with Seattle. Griffey was emulated by every baseball playing kid in the early to mid 90's. No questions asked, he is the figure head.
2 - Largent. 1st HOF home grown talent
3 - Gary Payton.
3- Shawn Kemp
4 - Edgar Martinez
5 - Walter Jones

I cant rank announcers in this but we have had 3 world class sports announcers in our market for decades.

Top announcers, in my order -
1 - Dave Niehaus
2 - Kevin Callabaro
3 - cant leave Keith Jackson off the list, even though he is a Coug and didn't stay local.

To put current Seahawks on the list is just dumb. Let their careers play out. RW is not even close to Juniors level, at least not yet. When RW is considered one of the best NFL players to ever strap up the cleats when he is in his prime, then you can start that argument. Not yet grasshoppers.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":xmh7yt35 said:
I might add, I have no Huskies because A) I don't think of them as a Seattle team, and B) I'm not a Huskies fan. Although it'd be really nice if you guys would man up and beat Oregon.

45-38.

You have about 2 months if "scoreboard" left....

CPHawk

Reaction score
Big Walt
Largent
Payton
Wilkins

In 10 years Wilson

It's funny how any Mariner besides Jr, gets on the list, it just proves Seattle loves baseball. Even though they continue to trot out average team after average team, with really bad teams sprinkled in. N

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CPHawk":1kdwdrtc said:
Big Walt
Largent
Payton
Wilkins

In 10 years Wilson

It's funny how any Mariner besides Jr, gets on the list, it just proves Seattle loves baseball. Even though they continue to trot out average team after average team, with really bad teams sprinkled in. N

As awful as the M's have been in their history, they have had some pretty big name players. Lets not forget that up until a few years ago, the Seahawks were not that much different than the M's. And as mediocre and weak as the Seahawks were before the PC era, they never really had the big name stars like the Mariners did. Probably the greatest retired Seahawk is an offensive linemen. I don't think many kids have posters of O-Linemen on their walls.

I would not call Seattle a baseball town, at least not anymore.

chris98251

Reaction score
Weak before the PC era, the Knox era was pretty good, the Holmgren era wasn't to shabby either, we had a down time during the Behring years, other then that it has been a pretty successful run as far as NFL franchises go, especially considering the AFC West was looked upon as a powerhouse division most that time and then coming into the NFC West that went from worst to Best rather quickly as well.