As a Seattle sports fan, what would you rather see in 2016?

What would you rather see in 2016

• Seahawks win second (should be 4th) Super Bowl

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Mariners win first ever World Series

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Genuinely curious here. I don't care one bit about the Mariners, but I know a lot of Seahawk fans do..

So if you could pick one outcome for 2016 (I suppose technically the Seahawks SB would be in 2017 but whatever), what would you pick?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1yid6afn said:
Genuinely curious here. I don't care one bit about the Mariners, but I know a lot of Seahawk fans do..

So if you could pick one outcome for 2016 (I suppose technically the Seahawks SB would be in 2017 but whatever), what would you pick?

My dad was a Mariners Season Ticket holder since 1981 and since he passed away we have kept the tickets in his name. I love baseball and watch every game the Mariners play but I definitely would rather have another Super Bowl championship and it isn't close. Nothing gets me more pumped up than a Seahawks game and it has been that way since I was 8 or 9.

chris98251

Reaction score
NBA give the Sonics back to Seattle............................

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":27qrcg6l said:
Never happen. I'd like to see the Mariners win the World Series but only if the current ownership is gone top to bottom. So I guess that leaves the Seahawks to be this decade's New England Patriots.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3v6aaneb said:
chris98251":3v6aaneb said:
Never happen. I'd like to see the Mariners win the World Series but only if the current ownership is gone top to bottom. So I guess that leaves the Seahawks to be this decade's New England Patriots.

Pretty much the way I feel. I love baseball and love the M's but until the stink of Howard Lincoln is completly gone, give me another Hawks Lombardi 6 days a week and twice on Sunday's!

The Hawks ownership/front office under Mr Paul Allen has done just about everything right to put a championship team on the field and are "good neighbors" to their sports neighbors and potential sports neighbors.

The Mariners under Lincoln's evil rule had a hand in the Sonics leaving, and have tried to throw roadblocks at everyturn to block a sonics/NHL arena deal.

........ And no one wants to see King Felix to win a WS ring more than I, but if I had to chose for the reasons above I chose the Hawks, but I wouldn't be upset if BOTH win championships this year! :2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Kind of an unfair question. I love the Seahawks WAY more, but I feel pretty confident that the Seahawks will have several more Lombardi's in their future before my time on this Earth comes to an end, but I feel far less confident about the Mariners winning even one championship in my lifetime (the next 40-50 years roughly). So I would definitely jump at the chance for a Mariners championship, as it is so much rarer of an opportunity. It also gets the Mariners off the 'never champions' list, which at 40 seasons, is starting to get embarrassing.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Seahawks.

I'm just a bigger Seahawks and football fan than I am a Mariners and baseball fan. That is most likely due to me growing up in an era where baseball is almost non existent in Seattle. If I could choose any though, it would be for the Sonics to come back and win a championship.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kearly":1cqsxa6e said:
Kind of an unfair question. I love the Seahawks WAY more, but I feel pretty confident that the Seahawks will have several more Lombardi's in their future before my time on this Earth comes to an end, but I feel far less confident about the Mariners winning even one championship in my lifetime (the next 40-50 years roughly). So I would definitely jump at the chance for a Mariners championship, as it is so much rarer of an opportunity. It also gets the Mariners off the 'never champions' list, which at 40 seasons, is starting to get embarrassing.
Good points Kip!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If I'm being selfish it's another Hawks SB.

But for all the longtime miserable Mariner fans that have been putting up with that god awful franchise for almost 40 years and what'd it mean as far as putting the M's on the map as a top tier club hopefully creating the same winning atmosphere we're spoiled with now with the Hawks? I'll pick M's World Series.

Msfann

Reaction score
My name is Msfann and I choose Seahawks, we have too good of a thing going on here with the seahawks. The Mariners will win eventu... Nevermind.

Tical21

Reaction score
The Mariners are dead to me. Haven't watched a game that I wasn't forced to watch since the vote on Occidental and won't watch again. I hope they lose terribly for the next few years and find their way out of town sooner than later.

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":1caulgdr said:
The Mariners are dead to me. Haven't watched a game that I wasn't forced to watch since the vote on Occidental and won't watch again. I hope they lose terribly for the next few years and find their way out of town sooner than later.

Eh, what the Mariners did is really just par for the course in sports. Every industry insider knows that the real competition for dollars aren't the other teams in your league, it's the other teams in your city. That's why both the Seahawks and Mariners have always been a bit hesitant to celebrate the other's success.

The Seahawks probably would have dirtied their hands to block the NBA/NHL too, if they weren't owned by a benevolent multi-billionaire and had one of the brightest outlooks of any sports franchise in America right now. The Mariners are going through a tough stretch and have more to fear from local competition for their dollars.

Yeah it's shitty. But as they say it's not personal, it's just business.

Also, I think the Mariners are getting way too much blame for not having an NHL / NBA team here. If those leagues really wanted teams in Seattle they would have been here years ago and anything the Mariners could have done to try and block it would have been meaningless. The fact that they succeeded in hindering an NHL / NBA team is because those efforts were so weak and so easy to suffocate.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kearly":2nfuttic said:
Also, I think the Mariners are getting way too much blame for not having an NHL / NBA team here. If those leagues really wanted teams in Seattle they would have been here years ago and anything the Mariners could have done to try and block it would have been meaningless. The fact that they succeeded in hindering an NHL / NBA team is because those efforts were so weak and so easy to suffocate.

All true.

I don't blame the M's even one bit, they really had no control or influence other than protesting the site.

Just a crappy thing for a supposed SEATTLE franchise to do, not support other Seattle franchises.........especially ones that supported you when you were getting your park constructed. It's all part of the collective goal, so when you're a billion dollar ownership group, just looks petty to not want someone else to get there's.

Lithium

Reaction score
Mariners for me. I got my ring (Not really mine, but you get it) and dream season already with the hawks so i can die happy.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1l37a7mg said:
kearly":1l37a7mg said:

All true.

I don't blame the M's even one bit, they really had no control or influence other than protesting the site.

Just a crappy thing for a supposed SEATTLE franchise to do, not support other Seattle franchises.........especially ones that supported you when you were getting your park constructed. It's all part of the collective goal, so when you're a billion dollar ownership group, just looks petty to not want someone else to get there's.

I just feel like if you can't even come close to .500 in your record you shouldn't have a voice in the matter.

Ruminator

Reaction score
A difficult choice, but I'll say Seahawks' second Lombardi right now, this season, with the expectation -- thanks to the recent changes in ownership, GM, coach, and players -- that the Ms may have an even better shot at getting close to the World Series in 2017 or 2018.

That said, the first ultimate trophy for one's home team is the most special. So once the Ms win the World Series trophy, that will be more special from a single-event standpoint than will be the Seahawks' second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, and twelfth Lombardi. However, once the Seahawks accomplish all the things "required" to make them unquestionably a bonafide dominating dynasty of historic proportions with RW getting as much, if not more, credit as any other factor, that would easily top the Ms winning any number of World Series trophies.

Don't forget how thunderous the packed Kingdome was, 12-15 years ago (whenever it was), when the Mariners were hosting playoff games. Those games were just as electric as any Seahawk playoff game! Would love to see that again, at Safeco Field.