the rehab of Gee Scott , 710am

Vetamur

Reaction score
Ive ranted against Gee Scott several times on this site.."un-listenable" was the KINDEST thing Ive said.. but I have to say, maybe it was just how he worked off of Justin..(forgot the last name..the guy he had a show with).. Lately he is better, and listening to him tonight (this morning for you in the area), with Mike Salk as his partner he's pretty good.

Does sports radio count as Seahawks related? Does this need to be moved?

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there because Ive been harsh in the past!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I think the "problem" was that his show originated as the Barbershop were it didn't follow traditional radio. He did not start as a journalist or radio host... He was just a guy that detailed cars and got to know all the players really well. He was a superfan that got great access to players and 710 liked that he had different access. Throw him together with Marcus Trufant and have them gab on air.

When he went to a traditional show with Justin, Justin wasn't a strong enough host to reign him in. He can play off of a strong radio personality like Brock or Salk because they can control the program.

Unchecked Gee tends to ramble on all kinds of stuff but he's got great stories about players and insight to how they think which is his value.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
He is less campy and preachy now. Could actually stand listening to him this morning with Salk and he actually had some good insight.

byau

Reaction score
He'll get there. Just needs more polish. He also has to try to stop being so clever, especially with the analogies that end up rambling and going nowhere. But that just takes experience. I mean even recently he stepped in for John Clayton and was a bit unlistenable. Otherwise I liked him even on Justin & Gee despite his periods of un-listenability.

big kudos to Jessamyn, not an easy task: she's got to try to reel in both John Clayton who has to transition to doing two hours of sports radio daily (doing a good job with the Q&A format which works best for John) and G who still tends to ramble. but yeah, still like 'em

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Justin anyway? Herd one day the show was going away and when I tuned in, it was just Gee. Always wondered

nategreat

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":2wxbar4k said:
Whatever happened to Justin anyway? Herd one day the show was going away and when I tuned in, it was just Gee. Always wondered

You're the only one :lol:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Gee needs to slow his roll. He's starting to do the same shit as before. He gets loud and talks his way over the main hosts, even John Clayton. The hosts are polite, but he's not going to last if he doesn't tone it down. He basically 'stole the thunder' from Clayton's Wild Card bit and I found it annoying.

I don't know what's up with him, but get this sneaky suspicion that he's bragging to friends or family about him being on with Brock and John and he feels the need to talk loudly to prove he has a position at 710. Or that may just be one of my many character flaws.

Whatever his deal is, he needs to tone it down. He hasn't put in the time yet, or built up the equity to make himself such a big part of the show and overshadow the main hosts.

I hope he does, because he reminds me of how young unknowns come in to Pete's system and turn in to great assets. I believe Mike Salk is emulating some of Pete's approach as they seem to find nuggets within their employee group, give them small bits in the broadcast, and if they succeed, increase their role. Just like Pete.

I'm rooting for him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gee is just way too hyper and does revamp the same crap a lot. And the worshipping of Clayton gets old too.
He's a good dude, but enough already, time to move on. And Tom is HORRIBLE.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33pdag0y said:
Gee is just way too hyper and does revamp the same crap a lot. And the worshipping of Clayton gets old too.
He's a good dude, but enough already, time to move on. And Tom is HORRIBLE.

I feel like there is a big gap on the breakfast show on KJR and while I like John Clayton on the 10am slot, we are heading into baseball season where his knowledge isn't as good.

Would like Michael Grey at KJR (especially with NHL coming) and someone with good baseball knowledge to balance JC on 710. I feel like Lidya Cruz has been getting a lot more airtime, wonder if she goes on that 10am slot.

I do like that Gee Scott seems to know a lot about college recruiting and prospects and obviously has some relationships with hawks players leading to scoops. Wouldn't mind a segment here or there to include it.