Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

the rehab of Gee Scott , 710am

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
the rehab of Gee Scott , 710am
Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:43 am
  • Ive ranted against Gee Scott several times on this site.."un-listenable" was the KINDEST thing Ive said.. but I have to say, maybe it was just how he worked off of Justin..(forgot the last name..the guy he had a show with).. Lately he is better, and listening to him tonight (this morning for you in the area), with Mike Salk as his partner he's pretty good.

Does sports radio count as Seahawks related? Does this need to be moved?

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there because Ive been harsh in the past!
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    NET Veteran

Re: the rehab of Gee Scott , 710am
Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:49 am
  • I think the "problem" was that his show originated as the Barbershop were it didn't follow traditional radio. He did not start as a journalist or radio host... He was just a guy that detailed cars and got to know all the players really well. He was a superfan that got great access to players and 710 liked that he had different access. Throw him together with Marcus Trufant and have them gab on air.

When he went to a traditional show with Justin, Justin wasn't a strong enough host to reign him in. He can play off of a strong radio personality like Brock or Salk because they can control the program.

Unchecked Gee tends to ramble on all kinds of stuff but he's got great stories about players and insight to how they think which is his value.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:52 am
  • Yes they are using him much better.
    * NET Staff *

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:27 am
  • He is less campy and preachy now. Could actually stand listening to him this morning with Salk and he actually had some good insight.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:29 pm
  • He'll get there. Just needs more polish. He also has to try to stop being so clever, especially with the analogies that end up rambling and going nowhere. But that just takes experience. I mean even recently he stepped in for John Clayton and was a bit unlistenable. Otherwise I liked him even on Justin & Gee despite his periods of un-listenability.

big kudos to Jessamyn, not an easy task: she's got to try to reel in both John Clayton who has to transition to doing two hours of sports radio daily (doing a good job with the Q&A format which works best for John) and G who still tends to ramble. but yeah, still like 'em
    byau
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:28 pm
  • Whatever happened to Justin anyway? Herd one day the show was going away and when I tuned in, it was just Gee. Always wondered
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:38 pm
  • Seahaaaawks wrote:Whatever happened to Justin anyway? Herd one day the show was going away and when I tuned in, it was just Gee. Always wondered

You're the only one :lol:
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:53 am
  • Gee needs to slow his roll. He's starting to do the same shit as before. He gets loud and talks his way over the main hosts, even John Clayton. The hosts are polite, but he's not going to last if he doesn't tone it down. He basically 'stole the thunder' from Clayton's Wild Card bit and I found it annoying.

I don't know what's up with him, but get this sneaky suspicion that he's bragging to friends or family about him being on with Brock and John and he feels the need to talk loudly to prove he has a position at 710. Or that may just be one of my many character flaws.

Whatever his deal is, he needs to tone it down. He hasn't put in the time yet, or built up the equity to make himself such a big part of the show and overshadow the main hosts.

I hope he does, because he reminds me of how young unknowns come in to Pete's system and turn in to great assets. I believe Mike Salk is emulating some of Pete's approach as they seem to find nuggets within their employee group, give them small bits in the broadcast, and if they succeed, increase their role. Just like Pete.

I'm rooting for him.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information