Marlins All-Star P Jose Fernandez dies

IndyHawk

Reaction score
For sure was a talent and left too young..RIP

hannibalking

Reaction score
As if this news didn't suck enough, he announced last week that his girlfriend was pregnant with their first child. Him not being able to be there for the birth of his child and that baby not being able to know his/her father... I felt miserable about the news already, but that's about as heartbreaking as things can get.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Way too young. He reminded me a lot of a young Felix Hernandez his first couple years in the league. RIP.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Just horrible. Akin to Munson and Clemente's sudden deaths. I'm glad he'll have a child to carry on his legacy at least.

Probably the best starting RHP in the game. 97-98 mph fastball and hands down the most wicked, unhittable slider on the planet.

Crizilla

Reaction score
this is really sad....family was there to see him during his last start.....wife is pregnant.....i remember seeing him hit his first home run then the Braves got mad at him and tried to pick a fight with him for staring at the ball after he hit it for a few seconds.....bet the braves feel great today

RIP

m0ng0

Reaction score
what a loss, this has got to be one of my favorite moments and it happens to involve him :D

[youtube]3oO7V9vSLtg[/youtube]

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Just watched the pre-game ceremonies on MLB Network. Just so sad. I have no idea how the Marlins can take the field with all the emotions. They're trotting onto the field now with tears on their face. Go Marlins!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
One thing that was very poignant was that his final game of his life was absolutely brilliant. 8 scoreless innings, struck out 12! He even told a teammate it was his best game ever. Still so tragic but what a great way to cap his life and legacy.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
[youtube]BXQslHUnfRg[/youtube]

I really wished they showed right before he hit the HR, he batted from the other side of the plate and imitated Fernandez's batting stance. Simply amazing. It was his first HR of the year. After the game, he said it was the hardest he has ever hit a ball. So much emotion rounding the bases and in the dugout, I just became a big Dee Gordon fan.