Would you work for a team you hate?

Erebus

Reaction score
If you have a skill a front office needs, such as statistical analysis, marketing, PR, HR, web design, cyber security, etc., would you accept a job in a front office of a team that you not only despise, but is possibly across the country?

Pros:
You'd get to see what day-to-day operations are like with an NFL team (or another sport).
You might get to know interesting secrets and rumors.
You'd probably get plenty of autograph opportunities with players.
You'd get your foot in the door for possible opportunities elsewhere.

Cons:
You wouldn't be able to openly root for the Seahawks anymore (at least temporarily).
You may have to root for a team you hate.
You wouldn't be able to divulge any secrets, at least if you have integrity and like your job.
You would have to relocate your family (if you have one).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If its in your dream field and it's the only opportunity then absolutely. Got to start somewhere and it doesn't mean you'll be there forever.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Absolutely. Subletly bring them down from the inside.

TravTex

Reaction score
Definitely.

'Til my Favorite Sportsing Team starts paying me to do otherwise, anyway, I'm mercenary like a @#$@#%

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Very interesting philosophical question. I'd say try everything to get a chance with your favorite team but if no doors open, then try another team in the same league, if not try a lower level league and work your way up.

No one can prevent you from rooting for your hometown teams no matter where you go. You just might have to keep a little quiet about it for awhile.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'd work for the Dallas Cowboys if the experience gained me a job with the Seahawks;-)

Rat

Reaction score
I'd instantly become a fan of any organization I'm a part of. Even if it was the Patriots or Niners.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I think a more realistic way to play this game is to envision yourself having a son who makes the league as a first rounder, but since hes a projected top ten pick you know hes not going to the Hawks. In which case I'd absolutely root for whatever team he ends up on and the Hawks could go to hell. The real dilemma would be if he played an entire 10 year career there, and then after he quits or retires would you revert back, and I'd have to say probably not at that point. Aaron rodgers grew up a big niners fan if I recall, but something tells me he wont be rocking a montana jersey anytime ever again.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The NFL is one of those career paths that you can only get if you get in the door. But once you are in you are golden. I have a friend that works for the Cardinals PR team, he says the only thing that sucks is the football season i.e. not be happy when the Hawks win and the Cardinals lose that sort of thing.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I think in order to answer you would need to answer one question. The most important question, but only one question.

How much of a salary increase is it from what I'm doing today? I would need a minimum of 10% increase in compensation package. But the higher the increase the more i'd be willing to give in my other important areas.

Another not as important question would be what would my commute, and day to day life be like?

I don't think the "working for the enemy" has anything to do with the decision, besides the obvious probable need to relocate.

sdog1981

Reaction score
gowazzu02":34i1qyqu said:
I think in order to answer you would need to answer one question. The most important question, but only one question.

How much of a salary increase is it from what I'm doing today? I would need a minimum of 10% increase in compensation package. But the higher the increase the more i'd be willing to give in my other important areas.

Another not as important question would be what would my commute, and day to day life be like?

I don't think the "working for the enemy" has anything to do with the decision, besides the obvious (probably) need to relocate.

We don't need your logical reasoning here. We need some kind of super homer reaction.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
My loyalty to myself is much stronger than my loyalty to any sports team. If the Hawks were seriously worried about losing me as a fan, then they can raise the dollar amount, just as they would do for any free agent that they covet.

hannibalking

Reaction score
I've already worked for plenty of organizations I've hated, one more wouldn't make a difference.