Oregon Ducks basketball

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Oregon Ducks basketball
Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:59 am
  • While the football team is struggling Dana Altman is doing amazing things with the basketball program (I read somewhere that Altman wasnt even in the top 10 choices for that job, but the ducks were getting turned down by all their top choices. Talk about stumbling your way into a great hire!)

Lindys College Basketball preview magazine has the ducks as the #1 team in the country. And I'm seeing a lot of predictions of then in the final 4.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Oregon Ducks basketball
Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:53 am
  • Ducks hoops will be pretty good this year. I'm expecting good things from UW as well. But yeah, Oregon will have a shot at a final four this year.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:11 pm
  • Ducks and huskies both expected to get big commitments in the next hour.

Ducks are set to land 5 star Troy brown from Las Vegas. He's expected to be a one and done. Read a lot of comparisons to Clyde drexler in him.

Huskies are expected to get a recommitment from the 48th ranked player daejon Davis from Seattle. He was previously a uw commit, then decommited to look around.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:56 pm
  • DAJEON DAVIS!

Really want to watch Nathan Hale take on Garfield. They play this year, can't remember the date though. Michael Porter Jr and Jontay Porter vs Dajeon Davis and Jaylen Nowell.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:13 pm
  • Ducks are getting raped by Baylor this afternoon. Luckily I'm sure nobody will hear about it cuz authorities will cover it up.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:50 pm
  • Ha but in that game your best player was out so there is that
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:02 pm
  • Ducks will be fine. They were actually an underdog in that game against Baylor. That will not be a bad loss when the selection committee looks at Oregon.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:11 am
  • Ducks start play in the Maui invitational today. Georgetown this afternoon. Then if they win probably #9 Wisconsin, then probably #5 North Carolina. Should be fun. Dillon Brooks expected back on the court today but minutes will probably be limited.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:43 pm
  • Oregon really struggling with their shooting so far this season. Ice cold.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:47 pm
  • Oregon is a good team, but I still don't see them being a final four contender.

They don't look good today against a Georgetown team that blew a huge lead with under a minute to go to Maryland, and lost to Arkansas State.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:55 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Oregon is a good team, but I still don't see them being a final four contender.

They don't look good today against a Georgetown team that blew a huge lead with under a minute to go to Maryland, and lost to Arkansas State.

It will be up to Dana Altman to work his magic. There's not many coaches I would take over him in college basketball. More then anything they just need to start hitting shots. Zone up on them until they prove they can hit the 3.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:16 pm
  • I think people underestimate the loss of Elgin Cook. He was a great player.

Oregon will still probably end up winning the conference, but they don't seem like a team that will make a deep run in March. I honestly think the Pac-12 will struggle in the NCAA tournament like they did last year. Wouldn't shock me if half the conference makes the tourney, but I doubt any make it to the Elite 8, and not many will make it past the first round. UCLA might be the most talented, but I'm not ready to hop on their bandwagon.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:41 pm
  • Overtime against a pretty bad Tennessee team.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:19 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I think people underestimate the loss of Elgin Cook. He was a great player.

Oregon will still probably end up winning the conference, but they don't seem like a team that will make a deep run in March. I honestly think the Pac-12 will struggle in the NCAA tournament like they did last year. Wouldn't shock me if half the conference makes the tourney, but I doubt any make it to the Elite 8, and not many will make it past the first round. UCLA might be the most talented, but I'm not ready to hop on their bandwagon.

Looks like your right so far GamblaHawk :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:30 am
  • Oregon barely escaped Boise St last night. Literally trailed for the entire game except for the last few minutes. I personally don't think the team will get right until Brooks starts and plays his normal minutes.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:38 pm
  • Oregon seems to be over their earlier offensive problems. Beat Savanna State 128-59 this afternoon. Bested their previous all time highest scoring game by 20.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:19 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Oregon seems to be over their earlier offensive problems. Beat Savanna State 128-59 this afternoon. Bested their previous all time highest scoring game by 20.

Beating Savannah State means nothing. Those two teams don't even belong on the same court together. I still think Oregon will be fine, but saying they are over their problems because they beat a really bad basketball team is premature.

On a side note, I think the best team in the Pac-12 is UCLA. They went into Lexington and beat the #1 ranked Kentucky.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:37 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Oregon seems to be over their earlier offensive problems. Beat Savanna State 128-59 this afternoon. Bested their previous all time highest scoring game by 20.

Beating Savannah State means nothing. Those two teams don't even belong on the same court together. I still think Oregon will be fine, but saying they are over their problems because they beat a really bad basketball team is premature.

On a side note, I think the best team in the Pac-12 is UCLA. They went into Lexington and beat the #1 ranked Kentucky.

I just meant they were over their bad shooting. First couple games it was horrible. Last few games its been much better, Tyler Dorsey specifically.

Love that Lonzo Ball dude at UCLA.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:04 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Oregon seems to be over their earlier offensive problems. Beat Savanna State 128-59 this afternoon. Bested their previous all time highest scoring game by 20.

Under Altman UO has always started slow, but by mid season is generally hitting its stride. Beating SSU isn't a big deal, but beating them the way they did is. True Fr Prichard, who early in the year did say to much dribbling and slowed the O, is starting to look really a lot better. He's making decisive decisions now and seems to understand the O and other players better. BTW he had 13 assists. Dorsey, who couldn't make crap without Brooks, is now starting to find his shot. A lot of that has to do with teams not being able to double team him now, he had 29 (20 in the first half and sat out the last 10 minutes of the second.). Brooks finally looked healthy, when he's healthy and going strong, UO can beat anyone in the country. He is to UO basketball what Chancellor is to Seattles D. He the leader and he makes it go.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:13 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:

Nice game with virtually no defense. UCLA won't get deep in the tournament playing ole' defense.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    billyberu
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:21 pm
  • Big game just started between UCLA and Oregon in Eugene. Bill Walton is so entertaining.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:37 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Big game just started between UCLA and Oregon in Eugene. Bill Walton is so entertaining.

Walton is the best. Really good game so far, this is what basketball should look like.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:41 pm
  • Ducks on fire from 3 point land and UCLA is hanging right with them. Has me nervous for when the Ducks cool off.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:57 pm
  • Great game. The three point ball is falling tonight.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:17 pm
  • That was a fun game to watch.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:13 pm
  • I wasn't able to watch the second half but caught the highlights. Wow, what a shot by Brooks at the end.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Big game just started between UCLA and Oregon in Eugene. Bill Walton is so entertaining.

Walton is the best. Really good game so far, this is what basketball should look like.

Walton sucks giant balls as does anyone who thinks that idiot belongs in a broadcasting booth.

billyberu
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:30 pm
  • Up 30 against undefeated USC.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 am
  • UO starting to hit there stride in confrence play. Sweeping the Washington trip, and even winning at Pullman with our best player getting kicked out 7 minutes into the game. It's nice to see the O is starting to come around.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:53 am
  • Sweeping the Washington schools isn't saying much. Both will finish near the bottom of the conference.

Oregon is really good, I know they beat UCLA, but I still think UCLA is the better team. I also think UCLA is built to go further in the tournament. You typically need great guard play to reach the final four, guard play isn't really Oregon's strength. Lonzo Ball and Bryce Alford on the other hand, that is a great combination of guards.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:50 pm
  • Looks like Dillon Brooks may have broken his foot. Huge blow.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:37 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Looks like Dillon Brooks may have broken his foot. Huge blow.

If true that is a huge loss. Without him I don't see how they can make a run to the final four.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:40 pm
  • Ducks 18 game winning streak snapped. Altman has never won in Colorado. Weird.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:26 pm
  • Up 28 points against #5 Arizona half way thru the 2nd half.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:33 pm
  • I want the zags.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:01 pm
  • Impressive showing, but when you have a top 25 showdown at home, you protect homecourt. While it is a bad loss for Arizona, they shouldn't feel bad. They already won at Pauley, so they split on their two big Pac-12 road games.

It's very hard to determine who the best team in the Pac-12 is. Arizona, UCLA and Oregon are all very close. If UCLA can fix their defense I think they'd be my pick to make a run in the tournament.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:08 pm
  • On nights when their shot is falling the Ducks are going to be really tough to beat for anybody because they play great defense. Especially in the paint.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:27 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:I want the zags.

Careful what you wish for. [WHITE SMILING FACE]

billyberu
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:26 pm
  • billyberu wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:I want the zags.

Careful what you wish for. [WHITE SMILING FACE]

You saw what we just did to your only quality win right?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:15 pm
  • Oregon off to a good start against UCLA right now on ESPN. Should be a good game, I think UCLA wins as they probably need this game more.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:35 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Oregon off to a good start against UCLA right now on ESPN. Should be a good game, I think UCLA wins as they probably need this game more.

Ducks playing some amazing basketball right now.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:39 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Oregon off to a good start against UCLA right now on ESPN. Should be a good game, I think UCLA wins as they probably need this game more.

Ducks playing some amazing basketball right now.

Really impressive, especially with them getting to Pauly only 40 minutes before the game.

One thing UCLA doesn't have is a great homecourt advantage. LA sport teams have little to no home court advantage.

Would really like to see Oregon take on the Zags.

Here comes UCLA....
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:47 pm
  • here comes the UCLA run.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:46 pm
  • Man ,Oregon tried to sit on the ball way too early and gave UCLA all the momentum. I think Altman is one of the best coaches in the country, but this is on him.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:59 pm
  • Great game. UCLA wanted it more at the end. Not a bad loss at all for Oregon. UCLA needed this game more.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:01 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Great game. UCLA wanted it more at the end. Not a bad loss at all for Oregon. UCLA needed this game more.

Like to see round 3 in the pac 12 tournament. These two teams have played two extremely entertaining games.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:29 pm
  • The more I watch Oregon, the more I like them. IMO they're a top 10 team going into the tournament. Bell and Boucher just had two great blocks against Utah.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:38 pm
  • The team just steam rolled CU in the second half, and it could have been much worse had Altman not played the walk-ons the last 5minutes. One really tough hurtle to go( at Cal) a place that's been pretty tough on UO over the years. UO still needs someone to trip up UA, if they want the regular season title. But overall the team is looking tough coming down the stretch.
    Last edited by CPHawk on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:52 pm
  • Oregon ducks basketball....hahahaha...really....?....... :lol:

This forum is REALLY hurting.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:51 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Oregon ducks basketball....hahahaha...really....?....... :lol:

This forum is REALLY hurting.

Says the guy with a link to a jerky called Dragons lair. :177692: what do you drink, game of thrones beer?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information