Oregon Ducks basketball

JSeahawks

Reaction score
While the football team is struggling Dana Altman is doing amazing things with the basketball program (I read somewhere that Altman wasnt even in the top 10 choices for that job, but the ducks were getting turned down by all their top choices. Talk about stumbling your way into a great hire!)

Lindys College Basketball preview magazine has the ducks as the #1 team in the country. And I'm seeing a lot of predictions of then in the final 4.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Ducks hoops will be pretty good this year. I'm expecting good things from UW as well. But yeah, Oregon will have a shot at a final four this year.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks and huskies both expected to get big commitments in the next hour.

Ducks are set to land 5 star Troy brown from Las Vegas. He's expected to be a one and done. Read a lot of comparisons to Clyde drexler in him.

Huskies are expected to get a recommitment from the 48th ranked player daejon Davis from Seattle. He was previously a uw commit, then decommited to look around.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
DAJEON DAVIS!

Really want to watch Nathan Hale take on Garfield. They play this year, can't remember the date though. Michael Porter Jr and Jontay Porter vs Dajeon Davis and Jaylen Nowell.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks are getting raped by Baylor this afternoon. Luckily I'm sure nobody will hear about it cuz authorities will cover it up.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ha but in that game your best player was out so there is that

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Ducks will be fine. They were actually an underdog in that game against Baylor. That will not be a bad loss when the selection committee looks at Oregon.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks start play in the Maui invitational today. Georgetown this afternoon. Then if they win probably #9 Wisconsin, then probably #5 North Carolina. Should be fun. Dillon Brooks expected back on the court today but minutes will probably be limited.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Oregon is a good team, but I still don't see them being a final four contender.

They don't look good today against a Georgetown team that blew a huge lead with under a minute to go to Maryland, and lost to Arkansas State.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":slwsjejd said:
Oregon is a good team, but I still don't see them being a final four contender.

They don't look good today against a Georgetown team that blew a huge lead with under a minute to go to Maryland, and lost to Arkansas State.

It will be up to Dana Altman to work his magic. There's not many coaches I would take over him in college basketball. More then anything they just need to start hitting shots. Zone up on them until they prove they can hit the 3.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think people underestimate the loss of Elgin Cook. He was a great player.

Oregon will still probably end up winning the conference, but they don't seem like a team that will make a deep run in March. I honestly think the Pac-12 will struggle in the NCAA tournament like they did last year. Wouldn't shock me if half the conference makes the tourney, but I doubt any make it to the Elite 8, and not many will make it past the first round. UCLA might be the most talented, but I'm not ready to hop on their bandwagon.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":dbu1aaio said:
I think people underestimate the loss of Elgin Cook. He was a great player.

Oregon will still probably end up winning the conference, but they don't seem like a team that will make a deep run in March. I honestly think the Pac-12 will struggle in the NCAA tournament like they did last year. Wouldn't shock me if half the conference makes the tourney, but I doubt any make it to the Elite 8, and not many will make it past the first round. UCLA might be the most talented, but I'm not ready to hop on their bandwagon.
Looks like your right so far GamblaHawk :lol:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Oregon barely escaped Boise St last night. Literally trailed for the entire game except for the last few minutes. I personally don't think the team will get right until Brooks starts and plays his normal minutes.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Oregon seems to be over their earlier offensive problems. Beat Savanna State 128-59 this afternoon. Bested their previous all time highest scoring game by 20.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2nhcex8d said:
Oregon seems to be over their earlier offensive problems. Beat Savanna State 128-59 this afternoon. Bested their previous all time highest scoring game by 20.

Beating Savannah State means nothing. Those two teams don't even belong on the same court together. I still think Oregon will be fine, but saying they are over their problems because they beat a really bad basketball team is premature.

On a side note, I think the best team in the Pac-12 is UCLA. They went into Lexington and beat the #1 ranked Kentucky.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":256rqfop said:
JSeahawks":256rqfop said:

Beating Savannah State means nothing. Those two teams don't even belong on the same court together. I still think Oregon will be fine, but saying they are over their problems because they beat a really bad basketball team is premature.

On a side note, I think the best team in the Pac-12 is UCLA. They went into Lexington and beat the #1 ranked Kentucky.

I just meant they were over their bad shooting. First couple games it was horrible. Last few games its been much better, Tyler Dorsey specifically.

Love that Lonzo Ball dude at UCLA.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":27gdjwu3 said:
JSeahawks":27gdjwu3 said:

Under Altman UO has always started slow, but by mid season is generally hitting its stride. Beating SSU isn't a big deal, but beating them the way they did is. True Fr Prichard, who early in the year did say to much dribbling and slowed the O, is starting to look really a lot better. He's making decisive decisions now and seems to understand the O and other players better. BTW he had 13 assists. Dorsey, who couldn't make crap without Brooks, is now starting to find his shot. A lot of that has to do with teams not being able to double team him now, he had 29 (20 in the first half and sat out the last 10 minutes of the second.). Brooks finally looked healthy, when he's healthy and going strong, UO can beat anyone in the country. He is to UO basketball what Chancellor is to Seattles D. He the leader and he makes it go.

billyberu

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":gv329zjd said:
JSeahawks":gv329zjd said:

Nice game with virtually no defense. UCLA won't get deep in the tournament playing ole' defense.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk