Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2016/2017 Seattle Mariners offseason thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Post your Mariners offseason ramblings here.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22156
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners offseason thread
Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:19 am
  • Just don't suck next year.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3282
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • Haha!
    Please get rid of Cishek, Vincent, and Marte. That'd be the best start to their offseason ever.
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 853
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • Marte is very young, and at only $500K salary, I say designate him to Tacoma next year at least for the first half of the season. He - like many young players in this organization - was called up too early.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    User avatar
    Hawker
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 481
    Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:59 pm
    Location: Pewyallup


  • Above and bring back Brandon Marrow,he looked great with the Brewers and the stuff he had was nasty.I think he would be happy to come back
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3048
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • I'm sure Dipoto will be very active between now and March.

    Moves I'd like to see:

    Designate to AAA:
    Dan Vogelbach
    Adrian Sampson (IR)
    Cody Martin
    David Rollins
    Ketel Marte
    Ben Gamel

    Release:
    Hishashi Iwakuma (FA)
    Adam Lind (FA)
    Norichika Aoki (FA)
    Franklin Gutierrez (FA)
    Nate Karns (IR)
    Steve Clevenger (IR)

    Resign:
    Dae-ho Lee (current contract was for a mere $1M)
    Drew Storen

    Trade/Release:
    Chris Iannetta
    Steve Cishek
    Vidal Nuno
    Nick Vincent
    Tom Wilhelmsen
    Arquimedes Caminero
    Mike Freeman
    Pat Venditte

    Keep:
    Cano/Seager/Sucre/Zunino/Martin/Heredia/Cruz/O'Malley/Altavilla/Smith/Scribner/Furbush/Cook/Diaz/Hernandez/Walker/Paxton/Miranda
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    User avatar
    Hawker
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 481
    Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:59 pm
    Location: Pewyallup


  • I have to believe there is room for O'Malley next season and perhaps beyond. It would be tempting to put him in as a full time SS, but at least having a switch hitting utility guy that can play almost anywhere in the OF/IF would be a valuable asset.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16230
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • What to do with Felix Hernandez? He's not as dominant as he used to be plus he's getting older. I wonder if they consider trading him while he may have some value to other teams.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6343
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • hawkfan68 wrote:What to do with Felix Hernandez? He's not as dominant as he used to be plus he's getting older. I wonder if they consider trading him while he may have some value to other teams.

    IDK, I'm too much of a sentimentalist to make a rational choice. He hasn't been a true #1, stopper kind of starter for a year or two, but I'd still like to keep him around. The team is getting more used to playing into late summer, and are only a few games away, assuming we don't regress. As our #2/3 starter, I'm sure he could still win 15 or so games for us.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16230
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • As much as Aoki sucks in the outfield, he had a hot hitting 2nd half....id rather see smith or Lind go

    Overall offense was good enough it's the pitching that needs a lot of work
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2074
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


  • Crizilla wrote:As much as Aoki sucks in the outfield, he had a hot hitting 2nd half....id rather see smith or Lind go

    Overall offense was good enough it's the pitching that needs a lot of work


    I wasn't a fan of Aoki but he really did turn it on once he came back in the 2nd half of the season. He hit .338 in August and .371 from September on.
    User avatar
    mbtitleist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 931
    Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:12 pm
    Location: Kennewick, WA


  • Trading Felix would make this team worse. Felix needs to come in to next season in better shape, both physically and mentally. His mental game was horrific the last half of the season. He needs to be a pitcher and less of a thrower and be smarter with pitch selection since he doesn't throw 97 anymore. He needs to go "Jamie Moyer" on the mental part of
    pitching. All very fixable if he commits to it.

    Aoki was a butcher on defense, no thanks, they need help in the outfield. Need a real shortstop, I see O'Malley as a poor mans Mclemore. I like the kid they got from the Yankees late, but he seems more like a 4th outfielder type.

    I expect significant moves from Seattle in the offeseason.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22156
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • SS is priority #1 IMO. Starting pitching #2.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20876
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • These days if a pitcher wins more games than loses, you almost have to keep them.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • The needs this offseason are pretty obvious to me (in no particular order).

    1. We need a starting SS. Marte just didn't cut it.

    2. Improve the bullpen. Shouldn't be too hard. Rebuilding a bullpen is one of the easier things to fix.

    3. Get a corner outfielder, someone who can preferrably hit for power.

    4. Find a first basemen. I'm pretty sure Lind and Lee are both free agents. First base has been a revolving door for quite some time, would be nice to find someone who can hold down that spot for the near future.

    5. Get a starting pitcher or two. Unfortunately, the free agent market for starting pitchers is really weak. I think the two best SP's on the market are both 35+ years old, Colon and Rich Hill. I don't see anyone dishing out money to Colon at 43 years old. We may have to swing a trade for a starting pitcher. We have some really solid pitchers, but we don't have a guy to lead the rotation.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3282
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • Felix is untradable at this point because of the money he's due, along with his eroded skills. He's still a solid pitcher, but not a dominant top guy. The Mariners brass held onto him for to long because the loved selling the kings court and everything with it. A smart gm would have landed a kings ransom for him, and we would have some solid young guys right now thanks to it.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3238
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


  • CPHawk wrote:Felix is untradable at this point because of the money he's due, along with his eroded skills. He's still a solid pitcher, but not a dominant top guy. The Mariners brass held onto him for to long because the loved selling the kings court and everything with it. A smart gm would have landed a kings ransom for him, and we would have some solid young guys right now thanks to it.

    I wanted this to happen a couple years ago(get a kings ransom)but who are we?The guy did take a smaller than market contract to stay with the M's,he loves Seattle and he has a no trade clause if I'm right.So we can only hope he tries harder to be in shape and gets whatever is bothering him fixed so we can see a better Felix next year
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3048
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • IndyHawk wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:Felix is untradable at this point because of the money he's due, along with his eroded skills. He's still a solid pitcher, but not a dominant top guy. The Mariners brass held onto him for to long because the loved selling the kings court and everything with it. A smart gm would have landed a kings ransom for him, and we would have some solid young guys right now thanks to it.

    I wanted this to happen a couple years ago(get a kings ransom)but who are we?The guy did take a smaller than market contract to stay with the M's,he loves Seattle and he has a no trade clause if I'm right.So we can only hope he tries harder to be in shape and gets whatever is bothering him fixed so we can see a better Felix next year


    Definitely vital for any chance at the postseason next year that Felix makes some adjustments and rebounds next season. He needs better fastball command and to pitch on the corners more. He's no longer a major league power pitcher and needs to adjust accordingly.

    I think M's GMs in the past were afraid of dealing him. I would not put it past Dipoto to shop around somewhat but with his contract and consecutive declining seasons, no real buyers are out there. King's Court fans are basically rooting for a guy who's no longer an ace, but more like a back of the rotation guy. Maybe he'll have a better year in '17.
    2017 Adopt a Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1153
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • Hawk-Lock wrote:The needs this offseason are pretty obvious to me (in no particular order).

    1. We need a starting SS. Marte just didn't cut it.

    2. Improve the bullpen. Shouldn't be too hard. Rebuilding a bullpen is one of the easier things to fix.

    3. Get a corner outfielder, someone who can preferrably hit for power.

    4. Find a first basemen. I'm pretty sure Lind and Lee are both free agents. First base has been a revolving door for quite some time, would be nice to find someone who can hold down that spot for the near future.

    5. Get a starting pitcher or two. Unfortunately, the free agent market for starting pitchers is really weak. I think the two best SP's on the market are both 35+ years old, Colon and Rich Hill. I don't see anyone dishing out money to Colon at 43 years old. We may have to swing a trade for a starting pitcher. We have some really solid pitchers, but we don't have a guy to lead the rotation.


    Agree with much of your thinking. I cannot remember the last time we had a really productive and consistent left fielder. I'm curious what the outfield market will bring in free agency this offseason. 1B is indeed a need. Lee just wasn't quite consistent enough or LInd either. I would've liked to have seen O'Malley given more opportunities at SS to evaluate his long-term possibilities. Bullpen and another couple quality starting pitchers are certainly need, but of course that's the case for everybody.

    One thing we can bank on is that Dipoto will not be quiet this offseason and will likely make some trades, sign some FAs and open up some competition for other positions. We don't know how much cash ownership is allowing him for FA acquisitions but rest assured he and Servais are aware of our biggest needs. Dipoto will likely make a couple initially head-scratching moves but only time will tell if they're wise or not. We still have a window and are really just a couple more power bats, a couple bullpen arms and a starting pitcher away from getting over the hump. Will be a very interesting winter.
    2017 Adopt a Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1153
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • Cishek had surgery on his hip labrum and isn't expected to resume baseball activity for 6 months - leaving him on the IR to start the 2017 season, most likely.

    Walker & Zych also had minor surgeries.

    Club is going to pick up Seth Smith's option for next season. If they also pickup Aoki's team option, one of them is going to be a bargaining chip.

    Also sounds like we are going after Zack Cozart (SS, Reds). Career .250 hitter / .290 OBP - a relatively cheap, veteran upgrade over Marte'.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    User avatar
    Hawker
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 481
    Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:59 pm
    Location: Pewyallup


  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3191
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3191
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County




  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3191
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • Will the Mariners make the playoffs in the next 108 years?
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3282
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Will the Mariners make the playoffs in the next 108 years?

    Well if history repeats, we should be there in only 68 years. :laugh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16230
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • The Mariners acquired veteran catcher Carlos Ruiz in a trade from the Los Angeles Dodgers, according to multiple sources, although there was no immediate confirmation from either club.

    News of the trade broke Sunday night in a twitter post by Jon Heyman of http://www.fanragsports.com. A subsequent twitter report by Joel Sherman of MLB Network said the Mariners are surrendering a pitcher from their 40-man roster.

    The Dodgers currently hold a $4.5 million option on Ruiz, 37, with a $500,000 buyout. The Mariners will pick up that option.

    Ruiz is an 11-year veteran who spent his entire career with Philadelphia before an Aug. 25 trade sent him to the Dodgers as part of a multi-player deal. He batted a combined .264 this season with three homers and 15 RBIs in 62 games.

    Such a move positions Ruiz to replace Chris Iannetta as the backup to Mike Zunino. Iannetta became a free agent last Thursday when the Mariners chose not to exercise a $4.5 million option for 2017.

    Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/ml ... rylink=cpy
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3191
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • KitsapGuy wrote:... A subsequent twitter report by Joel Sherman of MLB Network said the Mariners are surrendering a pitcher from their 40-man roster.

    The Los Angeles Times reported that Seattle will send left-handed reliever Vidal Nuno to the Dodgers, though the deal is not yet complete.

    http://m.mariners.mlb.com/news/article/ ... rlos-ruiz/

    Go M's

    Go Hawks,
    BillA
    The Spirit within me salutes the Spirit in you
    ___________________________________
    All things serve the beam
    ___________________________________
    Proud member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Go Hawks!
    User avatar
    Bill Assumpcao
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 649
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:33 am
    Location: Port Angeles, WA


  • Don't understand or like it..The guy was a halfway decent pitcher for a 38 yr old never was has been catcher?There is plenty of catchers out there rule 5 ect and we do this?
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3048
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • I said it before and I'll say it again.

    Image
    This is becoming far too common for my tastes.

    RIP Cortez Kennedy, 1968-2017

    RIP Sir Roger Moore, 1927-2017
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3134
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: JMC Mining Ship Red Dwarf


  • Maulbert wrote:I said it before and I'll say it again.

    Image

    I prefer the image of Will Farrell in old school after he shoots himself in the neck with the tranquilizer gun and then falls into the pool.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22156
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Not a fan of this move by Dipoto. He seems to think good lefty relievers are a dime a dozen. Montgomery became a stud for the Cubs and now very effective Nuno is gone.

    Ruiz' best is long behind him. They obviously need help at C but at 38 and hitting in Safeco just screams a .230 year for him. Many more moves to follow this winter though.
    2017 Adopt a Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1153
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3191
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • KitsapGuy wrote:

    This seems like a good trade.A doubleA pitcher for a guy who hits decent and has power but he is a bat against Lh pitching.He can play multi positions so there is that.
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3048
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • The Diamondbacks have acquired right-hander Taijuan Walker as part of a five-player trade that saw veteran shortstop Jean Segura shipped to the Mariners.

    Arizona also acquired infielder Ketel Marte from Seattle as part of the deal, with outfielder Mitch Haniger and left-hander Zac Curtis going to the Mariners


    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1812 ... ayer-trade
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3355
    Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm


  • dontbelikethat wrote:
    The Diamondbacks have acquired right-hander Taijuan Walker as part of a five-player trade that saw veteran shortstop Jean Segura shipped to the Mariners.

    Arizona also acquired infielder Ketel Marte from Seattle as part of the deal, with outfielder Mitch Haniger and left-hander Zac Curtis going to the Mariners


    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1812 ... ayer-trade


    Oh, wow. Aside from shocked, I'm not quite sure how to feel.
    Cad
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 87
    Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 pm


  • Former first-round pick Alex Jackson, an outfielder who began the last two seasons as the top-rated prospect in the Mariners’ organization, is heading elsewhere.

    The Mariners continued a busy off-season Monday night by trading Jackson, the sixth overall pick in the 2014 MLB Draft, and a player to be named later to the Atlanta Braves for two right-handed pitchers: Rob Whalen and Max Povse.

    To clear space on the 40-man roster, the Mariners also designated right-handed pitcher Ryan Weber for assignment. Ironically, the Mariners acquired Weber, 26, in a Nov. 2 waiver claim from the Braves,

    "This move gives us two young, polished pitchers," general manager Jerry Dipoto said, "who immediately bolster our starting pitching depth, while adding to our roster flexibility."

    Dipoto indicated the Mariners intend to continue pursuing depth to their rotation in the wake of last week’s trade that sent right-hander Taijuan Walker to Arizona in a five-player deal that netted shortstop Jean Segura.

    Whalen, who turns 23 on Jan. 31, was 1-2 with a 6.57 ERA in five starts last August for the Braves before he was shut down in order to limit his innings.

    He spent most of the season in the minors at Double-A Mississippi and Triple-A Gwinnett, where he was a combined 7-5 with a 2.49 ERA in 21 starts. He appears likely to open next season at Triple-A Tacoma.

    Povse, 23, was 9-6 with a 3.36 ERA in 26 starts while splitting last season at Mississippi and Hi-A Carolina. He appears likely to start the season at Double-A Arkansas.

    While Whalen goes on the 40-man roster, he has three options remaining. Povse is not yet eligible for the Rule 5 Draft as, accordingly, will not be placed on the 40-man roster.

    "I like it when you get two 23-year-olds," Dipoto said, "one who has three options and the other who is pretty polished. They’re both set to pitch at the upper level in 2017, and it gives us more depth.

    Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/ml ... rylink=cpy

    Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/ml ... rylink=cpy
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3191
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County



  • KitsapGuy wrote:Former first-round pick Alex Jackson, an outfielder who began the last two seasons as the top-rated prospect in the Mariners’ organization, is heading elsewhere.

    The Mariners continued a busy off-season Monday night by trading Jackson, the sixth overall pick in the 2014 MLB Draft, and a player to be named later to the Atlanta Braves for two right-handed pitchers: Rob Whalen and Max Povse.

    To clear space on the 40-man roster, the Mariners also designated right-handed pitcher Ryan Weber for assignment. Ironically, the Mariners acquired Weber, 26, in a Nov. 2 waiver claim from the Braves,

    "This move gives us two young, polished pitchers," general manager Jerry Dipoto said, "who immediately bolster our starting pitching depth, while adding to our roster flexibility."

    Dipoto indicated the Mariners intend to continue pursuing depth to their rotation in the wake of last week’s trade that sent right-hander Taijuan Walker to Arizona in a five-player deal that netted shortstop Jean Segura.

    Whalen, who turns 23 on Jan. 31, was 1-2 with a 6.57 ERA in five starts last August for the Braves before he was shut down in order to limit his innings.

    He spent most of the season in the minors at Double-A Mississippi and Triple-A Gwinnett, where he was a combined 7-5 with a 2.49 ERA in 21 starts. He appears likely to open next season at Triple-A Tacoma.

    Povse, 23, was 9-6 with a 3.36 ERA in 26 starts while splitting last season at Mississippi and Hi-A Carolina. He appears likely to start the season at Double-A Arkansas.

    While Whalen goes on the 40-man roster, he has three options remaining. Povse is not yet eligible for the Rule 5 Draft as, accordingly, will not be placed on the 40-man roster.

    "I like it when you get two 23-year-olds," Dipoto said, "one who has three options and the other who is pretty polished. They’re both set to pitch at the upper level in 2017, and it gives us more depth.

    Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/ml ... rylink=cpy

    Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/ml ... rylink=cpy

    Looks like Jerry is purging off all of Jack's guys/projects.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22156
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • No mention of Segura, (though I may have missed it) the 26 year old SS we got in the Arizona deal. Man, what an upgrade at short!

    In his rookie year he hit .319, with 20HR, 33SB, and 64RBI. I like this guy already.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    User avatar
    Hawker
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 481
    Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:59 pm
    Location: Pewyallup


  • Hawker wrote:No mention of Segura, (though I may have missed it) the 26 year old SS we got in the Arizona deal. Man, what an upgrade at short!

    In his rookie year he hit .319, with 20HR, 33SB, and 64RBI. I like this guy already.

    There was a mention but someone created another thread when this is the correct thread.I love the move and the others.You have to get rid of Jacks crap.He did very little in picks panning out
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3048
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • Hawker wrote:No mention of Segura, (though I may have missed it) the 26 year old SS we got in the Arizona deal. Man, what an upgrade at short!

    In his rookie year he hit .319, with 20HR, 33SB, and 64RBI. I like this guy already.



    He wasnt a rookie last year. It was his 4th year in the league.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 130
    Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:05 am


  • I'd love to see the M's somehow acquire Jose Abreu. 1-6 would be a total nightmare.
    User avatar
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am


  • I'm liking these moves so far. Walker was underwhelming. He may get it and turn into a superstar but at some point you have to say enough. Big upgrade at SS.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • Bobblehead wrote:I'd love to see the M's somehow acquire Jose Abreu. 1-6 would be a total nightmare.


    He just signed a one year deal with the White Sox to avoid arbitration. I wouldn't mind getting their starting pitcher Jose Quintana though, he is rumored to be on the trade market.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3282
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • Gosh, baseball season can't come soon enough. I miss doing yard work on the weekends while listening to the Mariners games. I need a break from football
    Image
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1058
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here



  • That sucks! I really liked Seth, always a good at bat. For a pitcher with a +5 ERA? Don't like it
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 853
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • I liked Smith. Thought he was a solid player. Kind of bummed about this trade.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1038
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm


  • Seahaaaawks wrote:That sucks! I really liked Seth, always a good at bat. For a pitcher with a +5 ERA? Don't like it

    YG had a bad year last year but if you look at previous years he has had solid years.I think the M's are going to sign FA bat who will be better than SS.The GM knows what he is doing so far unlike Jackass
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3048
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • Traded Karns for Dyson as well.

    Least we should have a good defense next year and an athletic one.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1038
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm


Next


It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests