2016 MLB Postseason thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm pretty pumped for MLB playoffs. There is something about baseball playoffs that separates itself from the other postseason sports.

The AL seems wide open to me. If the Indians had Salazar and Carrasco I'd probably pick them to make the World Series, but I don't see how you can get by without two of your top pitchers. Honestly, none of the teams in the AL are dominant. They're all pretty close to each other, as shown by their records. The difference between the top team and the wild card is just a few wins. Baltimore I don't give much of a chance because of their starting pitcher. Blue Jays I could see making a run, especially if Stroman shows up in the postseason like he did last year.

I have a hard time seeing the Cubs not coming out of the NL. They're just too good. Their rotation is ridiculous, curious to see how they go about it. Hendricks should be the #1 right? Who is #2 and #3? Who gets left out? Hammel or Lackey? I feel like Washington will choke like they always do, but Dodgers are known chokers in the postseason as well. Curious to see how Kershaw does in the playoffs. Sherzer vs Kershaw in game 1 might feature the two best pitchers in the game. I know a lot of people expect the Giants to make a run, but I just don't think they're very good. There is a reason why they completely fell apart in the second half of the season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow can't believe Buck put Ubaldo Jimenez in the game, arguably one of the worst pitchers in baseball.

Hawker

Reaction score
Boston has been such a hot team I have to go with a RedSox/Cubs series.

So long as Texas doesn't win the whole damn thing.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think I'm with you there Hawker. I definitely have the Cubs making the World Series, and I think Boston probably has the most talent in the AL. David Ortiz going out on top with a WS ring would be fitting I guess.

Buck Showalter is taking a lot of heat for going with Ubaldo and not even using Britton. I just don't understand how you can be in a one-game playoff and not use Britton, arguably the best pitcher in all of baseball. Showalter is a great manager, but he really screwed up.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Stupid Giants will win it all. It's their year. They squeak into the wild card, squeak out a W then get hot and ride it all the way. My worst nightmare in baseball.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Watching Familia implode last night gave me flashbacks to Rodney. He is just wild and erratic everytime he comes in the game.

As good as the Cubs are, they can't feel great about facing the Giants. Cubs are the better team, but the Giants have been here before. I still think Cubs get past them, but it should be a good series.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Best thing about the postseason so far was the Zapruder like investigation of the ass hat Jays fan tossing a full beer can at Adam Jones.

They found that guy. That guy sucks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":j3pqy8z4 said:
Best thing about the postseason so far was the Zapruder like investigation of the ass hat Jays fan tossing a full beer can at Adam Jones.

They found that guy. That guy sucks.
Hope he's prosecuted fully.

Threedee

Reaction score
Are the replay officials in NY ever going to get a call right? That call against Texass at the plate was brutal.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It's amazing how some of these great pitchers just flat out suck in the postseason.

David Price and Kershaw both getting lit up today.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Montgomery gives up the game winner in the 13th inning. He actually pitched pretty well, he had to pitch four innings because the bullpen was running thin.

This was probably the best playoff game so far.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Very surprised the Sox got swept. Indians are a good team but sorta figured Boston would take this series in 4-5 games. That's what great pitching in October can do for you though.

Blue Jays look good, at this point I'm seeing them play the Cubs in the WS.