Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Portland Trailblazers

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Portland Trailblazers
Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:06 pm
  • Yes, there are no moral victories. One game at a time. Have to be flawless. Nurcik changes this game?

Portland completely implodes down the stretch. Tots forgets how to call time.

Golden State makes it look easy.
    Malik McDowell: Adopt a probowl rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:58 pm
  • Warriors have too much talent. Portland might be able to steal one game in the series.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:57 pm
  • Should have tanked for better draft picks.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:01 pm
  • Winning is always good. 15, 20, and 26. The players the Blazers need are all still available at those picks. Thanks to a guard heavy prediction. The Blazers need to get taller, longer and more athletic. The draft needs to bring a viable pf, f and center that make the roster. Some bloated contracts then need to get purged. Maybe someone takes one of the contracts with a first for their coveted player in the draft. Not sure how that can work. Yes there needs to be massive change. This roster was overestimated.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:43 pm
  • Atradees wrote: This roster was overestimated.

I don't think so, it was a roster planted from seed
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:05 pm
  • It's true that the end of Alderidge, Batum, we Mathews ushered in a new era from seed. This crops futures were elevated bye a round one win in the playoffs. They werent a few pieces away at that point.

Watching the 3rd game in the series. Golden state has better form. Balance facing the basket in rythem. Half of Portland shots are undisciplined in form. Off balance, too far away, lots of simple form mistakes.

Golden State just toys with Portland. I knew we would the loose 20 point lead.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:04 am
  • Great comeback by GS last night. GS didn't play well in the first half, it was only a matter of time until shots started to fall. But Portland played horrible from the middle of the 3rd quarter until the end of the game. Lillard completely disappeared, and they started playing too much isolation basketball.

GS would be crazy to play KD in this series.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:15 am
  • 15, 20, 26.....

John Collins is rising up most mock drafts.

I have no feel for what Olshey is thinking. This is a critical moment for him. Get some talent or be known as the gm that paid bad players.

I still am reading about how portland will draft some guards. Ridiculous........there are several big men to had in the last half of the first.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:34 am
  • If Meyers Leonard is on the roster next year I will consider this offseason a failure.

I'm guessing we don't end up with 3 first round picks. I think we package at least one of them with either Leonard, crabbe or turner to try and unload at least one of our ridiculously bad contracts.

If I'm in charge I also look very hard at trading cj. Dame and cj are too redundant, imo.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:55 am
  • The two best players are redundant. And they can't play much defense. It used to be that if a guard was shooting 3s from 10 feet from the arc or shooting 40 percent he was pulled from the game.

How much control does Stotts have?

I'd settle for Leonard or Turner gone. The crowd in Portland has begun booing Leonard. Very unusual for them.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:22 am
  • quite honestly I would be fine with blowing out everybody except Dame, CJ, Nurk, Harkless, Vonleh and Aminu,
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:58 am
  • I agree that they should move CJ. He doesn't offer anything other than scoring. They should try to move him for a more balanced player.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:23 pm
  • #10 Zach Collins

#26 Caleb Swannigan

Both competitors both big men. I called the Swannigan pick. He reminds me of Zach Randolph.

I am not wholly sold on Zach Collins. I thought J Collins would have been a great fit with the center Nurkic.
    The more I study Z Collins I am hopeful he can be a modern stretch 4. A in that we didnt sell the farm to unload contracts and Paul was willing to reach into his purse. Both players have a fire and I love Swannigan's desire. A great story.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:37 am
  • Yeah I am quite happy with what they did, both add a lot of toughness and grit. We have been a soft team for a long time, will be nice to see a little attitude :D I did not know much about Collins other then watching parts of the tournament but I liked what I saw. The kid is 19 so it will be a process. I hope he gives Myers a pop in the chops to get his attention :D Your time as the golden boy is over, if you want to stay on this team you gotta go thru me :D

Swanigan I did not know anything about but what a great story this kids is. He is my new favorite player already.

The team does have some reshuffling and hopefully we can get rid of a few expensive redundancies, I like what they are doing.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:23 pm
  • I think Portland did pretty good in the draft. I'm not really sold on Collins, but he definitely has upside. He is hard to project, but he definitely fits the mold of a stretch PF in the NBA. Personally I've always thought of him more as an big SF, but I think he can play both positions.

Swannigan probably would have been a top 10 pick in the 90's. Hard to say how he will do in the new era of the NBA. I was a big fan of his in college, but his game is probably better suited at the college level.

This draft helps them, but I still think they should try to move CJ. Him and Lillard are just too similar. They need a dynamic two way player who can do more than just score from the perimeter.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:24 pm
  • Swanigan Highlights

Zach Collins

Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:44 pm
  • Blazers trade Allan Crabbe to the nets and stretch provision Nicholson...saving 40 million in luxury tax. The bill is currently 3.6 million. This saves paying Crabbe 56 million over 3 years. Good move. 2 bums to...Evan Turner and Meyers Leonard.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information