Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Portland Trailblazers

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Portland Trailblazers
Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:03 pm
  • A surprising year last year. Everyone gets paid and retained. IT took awhile to gel last time. I predict even better things to come. Playing the Clippers tough and straight up as we speak.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Re: Portland Trailblazers
Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:54 am
  • The problem with the NBA is that you can pretty much pencil I'm the finals before the season begins. The blazers will be better, they'll be fun to watch, but we all already know who's going to be in the finals.

On a side note, the clippers are one of the most hateable teams in sports. Hate almost all of their dudes.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:03 am
  • Yeah...they have that center that crashes the boards with reckless abandon, a lot like the Warriors Greene. He's a human foul machine. The Blazers didn't look like they had home court the way the whistles were blowing.

Aside from that, the Blazers held there own and did well. I feel that the rotation will get better this season.

The championship has always been for sale in the NBA. Now nearly every guy gets paid. Probably the product gets worse. My Blazers are that ray of light. No mercenaries.

Evan Turner.......give him time to adjust. Amino and Harkless can play.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:23 pm
  • NBA is the opposite of the NFL, you can basically pencil in the finals every year. Cavs are coming out the East without a doubt. West is likely a two team race between GS and SA. You can possibly make a case for the Clippers, but I doubt they make it.

The Blazers are just very limited in what they can do. Everything has to come from Lillard and McCollum. Shut them down and you basically shut their entire team down. And they are just too dependent on jumpshots. As shown yesterday, when they don't fall, they struggle. I like a lot of their supporting cast, but they simply aren't even close to the elite teams in the West.

Not really sure how I feel about the Evan Turner signing. He's looked pretty bad in his first two games. I just don't think he is a great complement to Lillard and McCollum. Turner needs the ball in his hands to be effective, I think they're much better off with a guy who can play off the ball because Lillard and McCollum dominate the ball so much.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:20 am
  • Stotts will work ET in. It will take some time.
    Chemistry will improve over the next few weeks. Evan should turn into a Pippenesque type player or one the Blazers saw in That frenchie that was never all consistency Batum. LAST year at this time the Blazers were a mess. The Blazers spent the first half of the year developing Vonleh. HE does look world's better. Cant believe he was such a high pick and ditched after one season. V has been good early....every bit of the physical ability to be a star.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:19 am
  • Portland needs one more star if they ever want to be a serious finals contender. I'm thinking they win 47-50 games this year and a second round.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:24 am
  • CPHawk wrote:Portland needs one more star if they ever want to be a serious finals contender. I'm thinking they win 47-50 games this year and a second round.

Yeah you can pretty much predict them, as well as the rest of the NBA.

Portland has a nice regular season, wins 45-50 games, and then gets bounced in the first or second round. They just don't pose a threat to SA or GS. I still think they are a step behind the Clipps too.

As much as I like some of their other pieces (Plumlee, Vonleh, Harkless, etc.), they need another star.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:34 pm
  • That is why I am a fan. BLAZERS come back to win inot.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:44 pm
  • McCullough and Lillard clutch late. (never should have been in the position to have to come back though.. they had that game in hand).
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:23 pm
  • :domotwak:
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:16 am
  • Best offseason acquisition has to be Kevin Calabro.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:45 pm
  • Kevin is awesome but who is that bozo they teamed him with?
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:11 pm
  • Killer game tonight. WE won't crown the Warriors this night! I hate Durant.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:52 am
  • Just a reminder that the Blazers aren't near the elite of the West. Losing at home to the Clipps and Warriors.

As someone who wants the Sonics back badly, I forget how much it sucks being a fan of an NBA team that has little to no shot at winning a title.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:49 pm
  • This is the Blazers team that I was expecting last year after Aldridge left. Losing Lillard for a portion of the season was unfortunate, but even with this team at full strength they are probably a .500 team at best. At some point they are going to have to try to replace Aldridge, you can't get by with Plumlee, Ed Davis, and Leonard as your bigs. It's Lillard, CJ and then a bunch of average guys.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:20 pm
  • Mason Plumlee traded to the Nuggets for a top 5 only protected 2017 1st round pick and Nurkic-280lb Bosnian player in his second year hasnt had a chance to develope. The Blazers now have 3 first round picks and Jahlil Okafor doesnt have a clear destination.

Blazers have been not very good this year. Turner is injured and was turibl.....The forwards have been inconsistent and turibl..................change has to happen. Go Blazers!!!
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:47 pm
  • Nurkic looks pretty good. A good presence inside. Blocks, pick setting, bothing shots...even a three. This team is still a long ways from being a defensive team.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 am
  • Nurkic has a lot of talent. I think he is easily Portland's best big man. Unfortunately the Blazers just aren't that good. Best case scenario, the Blazers make a run at the 8 seed, maybe the 7 seed, and get blown out in the first round of the playoffs. Unfotuntately, only about 3-4 teams have a realistic shot of winning it all this season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 pm
  • Well, I was holding out hope for the magic that I saw a glimpse of last year. At this point, going for the ping-pong balls is more exciting. The new kid does look promising. With three firsts, there has to be legitimate forwards somewhere.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:09 am
  • I hate to say it but with 3 first rounders and all the injuries it might be a good time to tank it, let the youngsters play more minutes and see what we have and what we don't, address those needs in a pretty deep draft this year, maybe get into the top 5 somehow and bundle the other two for something around pick 12 and see what we can do. This year has been an absolute trainwreck defensively.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:08 pm
  • Mongo, who should the Trailblazers target specifically given the pick projected outcomes?
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:14 pm
  • This draft is deep and loaded, could be the best in years. Unfortunately, this is more of a guard heavy draft. There are some good bigs though. Markkanen and Bam Adebayo should both be late lottery picks. Markkanen is basically a more athletic Dirk Nowitzki. He can shoot the three and play in the post. Adebayo is basically a young Dwight Howard. Big physical banger but can't score much outside of the paint. I think one guy that will be very intriguing to many teams is Miles Bridges. He is a SF/PF tweener, doesn't really have a position but is really athletic and can score from anywhere. Somewhat comparable to a Tobias Harris or a Draymond Green.

If there is ever a draft to have a lot of picks, this is it. I don't see Portland trading up, as most of the big names are guards and Portland doesn't really need that. However there are some really good SF's in Tatum and Josh Jackson who will probably go pretty early.

Portland should have tried to trade for Cousins. But I'm sure most fan bases are saying the same thing after they saw what New Orleans had to give up for him. Portland probably could have given up something like Crabbe, a pick or two and an expiring contract for Cousins.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:30 pm
  • I'm not sure PA would have wanted to deal with Cousins. He dealt with an entire team of Cousins in the early 2000s, and blew that up. I think he try's to stay way from that type of guy as much as possible nowadays.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:45 pm
  • I have always had a crush on Cousins. He hasnt lead the Kings to anything though. That 219 million dollar contract speculation and the "If" he re-signs is a huge risk. Thanks for the rundown on rookies. Small forward that can play real D would be a huge plus. Hearing all the negatives on Okafor Im happy we were quiet on that. The team already has a 7 foot tall SG in Myers Leonard.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:05 am
  • Starting to look like the Blazers fleeced the Nuggets. Nurkic is turning in some solid performances. 5 blocks, 6 assists a hand full of points to take down okc. Sweet a future peice.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:12 am
  • 28 points, 20 rebounds, 8 assists, and six blocked shots. Scooooorrrreee.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:34 am
  • Nurkik owns Mason Plumblee and Jokic vs the Denver Nuggets. 33 points and 16 boards. In one drive Nukic calls for the ball and goes right at Plumblee for the score.

I like Caleb Swannigan for the Blazers in the first round. His multiple 20 20 games in a good conference......saliva.

Blazers look to send Nuggets from the playoffs with a team that is still very flawed in the forward department. Come on first round. Plenty of optimism with the draft. I have the Nurkic fever.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:38 am
  • Making the playoffs in the 8th seed is the worst possible scenario. Should have tanked. I love the addition of Nurkic but without a lottery pick or two we're stuck in mediocrity hell.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:44 pm
  • They SUCK as usual.

And people that continually root for them must enjoy root canals without anesthesia. Or simply enjoy beatings. Or even both.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:41 pm
  • Some teams just don't know how to tank. The Sonics were stuck in mediocrity for most of their years after Gary Payton left. They were always in the back end of the lottery. I would much rather have a top 5 pick, then make the playoffs and get swept by the Warriors.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:57 pm
  • Come on guys....just get me that forward that can make the all star game his rookie year.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:32 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:They SUCK as usual.

And people that continually root for them must enjoy root canals without anesthesia. Or simply enjoy beatings. Or even both.

genius as usual
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:35 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:They SUCK as usual.

genius as usual

Like typing a zero instead of an O?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:07 am
  • Atradees wrote:Come on guys....just get me that forward that can make the all star game his rookie year.

Hey, they are 13-6 since they got Nurk, however the schedule has been a bit creme puffy. TJ Leaf seems like an interesting possibility.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:49 am
  • I don't want yet another guy that's too tall just lobbying up tres. Defense defence defender brawler scrappy punch.face....Of 3 picks, a bona fide powerforward should do. A guy with juice. Out of this world stats and confidence. If he's under 6 10 he has to be Barklyesque.

Meyers Leonardo has to go. Useless. Probably at home playing w dolls.....and his hair.

Swanigan. Collins.......my two finalists.

No Gonzaga like players.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:06 pm
  • Atradees wrote:I don't want yet another guy that's too tall just lobbying up tres. Defense defence defender brawler scrappy punch.face....Of 3 picks, a bona fide powerforward should do. A guy with juice. Out of this world stats and confidence. If he's under 6 10 he has to be Barklyesque.

Meyers Leonardo has to go. Useless. Probably at home playing w dolls.....and his hair.

Swanigan. Collins.......my two finalists.

No Gonzaga like players.

Oregons Jordan bell would fit that role perfectly and should be available with our last first round pick. Not much offense, but he's a cross between Dennis rodman and Ben Wallace defensively and on the boards.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:26 pm
  • If you want bangers, go for Bam from Kentucky or Swanigan from Purdue. Swanigan was probably a top 5 player in college basketball this year, but I don't think he projects that well in the NBA, which is why he is projected as a late first round draft pick. His main strength is that he can overpower his competition. Doubt he can do that in the NBA. He isn't very athletic, can't shoot from the perimeter, and isn't a great defender. But he is a bruiser. Bam would be a better fit IMO, he's like a young Dwight Howard.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:04 pm
  • Great win tonight.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:26 am
  • Good time for the Blazers to be playing well. The Rockets game was fun. Harden was defended! Dude you said Dwight Howard.........worlds biggest loser. I hate Dwight Howard!

1. John Collins- He has alot moves in the paint. Lives near the rim. Good length and runs the floor like a deer. Deft touch w basket ball. Blocks shots with energy and hustle can be better defensively room to grow. I could see this guy with the screen and role with Nurcik.

2. Caleb Swanigan-Its been said his game may not translate to the pros; tweener prospect. He is is a good shooter and rebounder. His body reminds me of Zach Randolph. I like him! And he is likely getable with a late first rounder.

3. I do like this guy! Shot blocker! Jordan Bell.

A very doable draft......I dislike the idea of stashing a euro player. It never works out for the Blazers. These three guys can be had. They can upgrade the roster.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:57 pm
  • And the "Everybody had to see this coming award" goes too..... Nurkic broke his leg. (fibular fracture). Out a minimum of two weeks. We arent allowed nice Bigs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1904 ... -two-weeks
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:23 pm
  • Doesn't sound too serious and not a cronic condition....fingers crossed.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:42 pm
  • Bell had 16 rebounds, 4 blocks, 13 pts in a losing effort. Great deal. Gotta get him.

Bell didn't come out declare this year?
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:55 am
  • and he did not box out on 2 CRITICAL free throw attempts in the last few seconds, i did not see the whole game but what little i saw looked ok.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:40 pm
  • Nice work dropping the last game. It was meaningless. The Blazers get picks 15, 19 and 23.

John Collins small forward
    Ivan Rabb back up center
    Caleb Swanigan power forward
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:52 pm
  • Atradees wrote:Nice work dropping the last game. It was meaningless. The Blazers get picks 15, 19 and 23.

John Collins small forward
    Ivan Rabb back up center
    Caleb Swanigan power forward

I'd take that draft. Rabb Fd himself by waiting a year, he would have been a top 10 guy more than likely last year.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:06 pm
  • Seems like a great draft for the Blazers with all the pg and g going early. I know there are no guarantees in the NBA. I feel Collins would make a great counter to good shooting guard play with his inside game and still coexist w Nurcik.

In Swanigan I see a Zach Randolph back to the basket power forward.

In the first and last picks those two may be available.

Rabb could be that guy sharing back up center and powerforward duties.

I've read many mocks and it's really surprising some have portland picking guards and even a point guard. A lot of them suggest portland will go euro stash player and I have to say that's never panned out for them in talent aquisition. Perhaps it's a combo of luxury tax questions and past history of stashing euro players. Sabonis being the rare exception. He was awesome vs Shaq even with diminished legs.

Then how does Portland clear those contracts of leonard, harkless, aminu and the useless bostonian.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:02 am
  • Portland already has two guards who avg 50ppg together, and a solid backup PG. Why would they draft a G or PG, I don't understand the reasoning, unless these draft sites just have no clue about Portlands team.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:07 am
  • Can we move this team to Seattle?Paul Allen is the owner and it would make us all happy right? :sarcasm_on:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:26 am
  • I am in bellevue now. Playstation vue has csnnw...the channel w blazer games. I think the problem is the nba commissioner. Not that both cities can't support the franchise. Portland is a good place to visit.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:50 pm
  • Wow what a half by the backcourt of Portland. McCollum couldn't miss, that was one of the best performances I've seen in a half.

Unfortunately, Portland played great and are only tied at half. Pretty much shows the difference between the two teams. Portland will have to play a perfect game just to have a chance to win at the end. Too bad Nurkic isn't playing, he would likely have his way against the Warriors.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information