Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

UW Husky Basketball Thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: UW Husky Basketball Thread
Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:33 pm
  • Diarra has now requested for a release. Very good chance we lose the entire recruiting class. Also heard Dickerson met with Hop and is open to staying.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:52 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Diarra has now requested for a release. Very good chance we lose the entire recruiting class. Also heard Dickerson met with Hop and is open to staying.

How many scholarship players do you have returning? He's going to need to find some transfers or something just to put a team on the court.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:09 pm
  • I think as of now they have eight guys on scholarship. From my understanding, Dickerson has not been granted his release (not sure if he has actually requested it or not), until then I'll assume he is on the roster.

Thybulle
    Crisp
    Dickerson
    Carlos Johnson
    Dominic Green
    Devinir Duruisseau
    Baruti
    Sam Timmins

Three of those guys are pretty bad in Green, Baruti and Duruisseau. Before Romar got fired, I was hoping Green and Duruisseau would transfer, now we may need them just to have a roster.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:48 pm
  • I think the dawgs will lose every recruit from this class. Hopkins is going to have a heck of a time filling out this roster for next season. Upper campus doesn't really like admit many JUCO kids.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:I think the dawgs will lose every recruit from this class. Hopkins is going to have a heck of a time filling out this roster for next season. Upper campus doesn't really like admit many JUCO kids.

Same thing happened when Altman took over. He had to rely on transfers and JC players for the first 3 years.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:45 am
  • Timmins time baby! Thybulle is really the only halfway decent returner if they lose Dickerson, and honestly, both those guys kind of suck too, so I couldn't really care less.

I'm kind of surprised that none of the new recruits would stay and play for a better coach. They would certainly get the chance to showcase themselves. Hop's gotta close one.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:10 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Davis has asked to be released for his LOI, Nowell is supposedly next, if he hasn't already

Davis commited to Stanford today.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:09 pm
  • I've heard rumblings that Romar may take an assistant coaching job with Arizona. If it happens, it would really hurt UW's recruiting in our own backyard. Got to think most high end recruits would follow Romar to the better program in Arizona.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:42 pm
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue May 16, 2017 3:07 pm
  • Honestly I wouldn't have cared if they lost Dickerson. He looked awful last year. Very lazy. However, it looks like he is back and it also looks like Hopkins got Michael Carter from O'Dea, Nate Prior from West Seattle and Jaylen Newell is sticking by his commitment.

So things will be fine. We finally have a decent coach and the Huskies will be better. If any of you saw a Huskies basketball game in person last year you would know that things couldn't get any worse and that Romar was a horrific coach. I probably could have gone down and recruited a local CYO team to beat them, they were that poorly coached.
    Fire Tom Cable
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

Tue May 16, 2017 3:32 pm
  • Well if I get student tickets for the football season they throw in the Men's basketball tickets too. Sooooooo that would be a win, and it will be interesting to see what new direction the team takes.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:24 am

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:55 pm
  • Fultz goes #1 to the Sixers.

UW becomes the first school to have the #1 picks in the NBA and WNBA drafts in the same year. Kelsey Plum was the other.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information