Ny Cosmos ceasing operations, NASL may follow suit

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm at work so I can't link the twitter posts, but NY Cosmos have advised NASL that they are ceasing operations, and the NASL as a whole may be following them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I never understood why the Cosmos weren't the first NY club to get into the MLS. They had the brand, history and fan backing to become a great MLS club.

Somewhere Pele is sad.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zsudkhg said:
I never understood why the Cosmos weren't the first NY club to get into the MLS. They had the brand, history and fan backing to become a great MLS club.

Somewhere Pele is sad.
Because the people that own the Cosmos brand wanted no part of a single-entity system. They wanted total control of the franshise.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":35i44f7h said:
Sgt. Largent":35i44f7h said:

Somewhere Pele is sad.
Because the people that own the Cosmos brand wanted no part of a single-entity system. They wanted total control of the franshise.

Well, looks like that decision cost the owners their club.

Seems silly to draw that kind of line in the sand when they knew MLS was taking off and the NASL was never going to be a money making league.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Just funny..I can remember when the Cosmos were huge and the Sounders were flounders..It pissed me off and I never forgave even after they brought soccer back to life..