Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seattle Sounders 2017 season thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Seattle Sounders 2017 season thread
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:11 am
  • LAFC have announced Bob Bradley as their Manager.

LA Galaxy have fired Curt Onalfo as their Manager.

LA Galaxy have announced Sigi Schmidt will take the reigns as Manager. They face the Sounders this weekend.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:08 pm
  • Dempsey is starting tonight, Morris is on the bench. Looks like a 4-2-3-1. Here's the starting lineup.

Bruin
    Jones - Dempsey - Lodeiro
    Roldan - Svensson
    Nouhou - Marshall - Torres - Leerdam

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:53 am
  • Without Dempsey and Morris, they find a way to score 7 goals. Now with Dempsey and Morris back they can't even score one. Life of the Sounders.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:34 am
  • Joevin Jones is leaving Seattle at the end of the season. He will be joining German club Darmstadt in January.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2017/7/3 ... dt-germany

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:26 am
  • Victor Rodriguez was at training yesterday. It looks like even if Derlis falls through, we have another person who can play across the attacking band.
    Colin Kaepernick is a great person, something that the NFL is sorely lacking.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 am
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:Victor Rodriguez was at training yesterday. It looks like even if Derlis falls through, we have another person who can play across the attacking band.

Hopefully Rodriguez has an impact closer to what Lodeiro has given and not like the impact Thomas Bedinelli provided. I hope he adjusts to the MLS better than Thomas did.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:21 am
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:Victor Rodriguez was at training yesterday. It looks like even if Derlis falls through, we have another person who can play across the attacking band.

I don't know much about Rodriguez, but he seems to fit the mold of what we need........some speed and attacking ability on the left wing. So my guess is that's where he'll play.

I hope this doesn't mean the Gonzalez deal fell through, but me thinks it does.

Here's Rodriguez's interview yesterday.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2017/8/3 ... -transfers
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:17 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:Victor Rodriguez was at training yesterday. It looks like even if Derlis falls through, we have another person who can play across the attacking band.

I don't know much about Rodriguez, but he seems to fit the mold of what we need........some speed and attacking ability on the left wing. So my guess is that's where he'll play.

I hope this doesn't mean the Gonzalez deal fell through, but me thinks it does.

Here's Rodriguez's interview yesterday.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2017/8/3 ... -transfers

Derlis deal is not 100% sunk.

His club failed to win their UCL play in game, so they don't have the funds they thought they had.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:50 am
  • I take it Delem would be loaned to S2 for us to get an international roster spot? Would still like this transfer to happen.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:24 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:I take it Delem would be loaned to S2 for us to get an international roster spot? Would still like this transfer to happen.

I also read that a couple teams, New England specifically, have multiple international spots. I think Vancouver (?) just bought an international spot from another club for 50K in allocation money, so that seems to be about the going rate. If they wanted to, they could probably pull that off instead of loaning Delem back to S2. Either one seems a possibility.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:13 pm
  • Went to game tonight (first Sounders game since 1981 maybe?)

Liked Bruin and Morris' movement off the ball and I have to imagine that was one of Lodeiros better performances this season. He was great.

That said... MN United was simply awful. No pressure on the ball, no sense of urgency off it and just completely disorganized all over the field.

Soundest exploited every opening of time and space. They looked strong.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:53 am
  • Yesterday was weird. Could have been 7 or 8 but the sounders were also really sloppy at points and a better team may have exploited that.

Thought roldan in particular made a few mistakes.

Feel like the team is so much more solid with the new rb. It was a big weakness all year and now is a strength.

Minnesota were awful. Hopefully they improve next year in squad and new stadium but the gophers logo at the end zones and half way line made it hard to watch. Along with weird camera angles.

Results in other games seem to be falling favorably. Dallas and houston seem to have dipped a bit but portland are improving. Kc will be a tough game next week.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:20 pm
  • They will not have a new stadium next year.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:03 pm
  • The Sounders looked awesome last night. That's how you play less talented expansion teams. With that said, I'd like to see Morris finish shots better. He was doing great with his runs....but could have had a hat trick last night if he finished better.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:16 pm
  • Also.. if you know any of the traveling Sounders fans share my compliments and those of many of friends. They were out and engaged before the home groups even got into the stadium. Shouted down United chants all night.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:33 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 pm
  • I really dont get the neagle move unless there is an injury we dont know about.

He wasnt great in his last spell and hasnt done anything in DC. He's not even improving our bench.

Scratching my head at this one. Seems like a waste of a roster spot.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:23 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:I really dont get the neagle move unless there is an injury we dont know about.

He wasnt great in his last spell and hasnt done anything in DC. He's not even improving our bench.

Scratching my head at this one. Seems like a waste of a roster spot.

Even worse, it probably says we were holding a roster spot open for hopefully another big transfer window signing, and it didn't happen. So we traded for Neagle.

I wasn't a fan either of Neagle when he was here the first time around. I can't think of a player that ran himself into being dispossessed more than Neagle.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:47 am
  • Maybe this move means Derlis isn't coming over in this window.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:09 pm
  • Sounders traded for Calum Mallace, MF who was with Montreal. Looks like they are focused on adding bench depth rather than a big signing. So now they have Victor Rodriguez, Neagle, and Mallace as the new additions. It sounds like the Derlis deal is dead for now as Dynamo Kiev wanted more than what the Sounders were offering.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:45 pm
  • Sounders are getting hot at the right time. If they can avoid injuries to key players they have every chance of winning the west and making the mls cup final again. Probably the best depth ive saw in a sounders team.

Portland and vancouver lost too amd kc are on a skid. We should beat minnesota and hopefully firm our position at the top.

Also it shows how meaningless the first few months of the mls season are. If you go around a five game run and have enough resources to get a good dp in, you can get at least a play off spot due to the parity in the league- unless you really suck.

I still think it will be hard to repeat though, toronto and the new york teams look pretty good in the east.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:36 am
  • PSA

If you go to games, print out your tickets. Do not rely on the match pass app on your phone. We (and many others) missed the first 20 minutes of the game because the app wasn't working so we had to stand in line at the ticket window. I go to 8-10 games a year and although this hasn't happened before, once is enough for me. I will be printing out my tickets from now on.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 am
  • Chapow wrote:PSA

If you go to games, print out your tickets. Do not rely on the match pass app on your phone. We (and many others) missed the first 20 minutes of the game because the app wasn't working so we had to stand in line at the ticket window. I go to 8-10 games a year and although this hasn't happened before, once is enough for me. I will be printing out my tickets from now on.

I always make sure the tickets are displayed in the app before leaving home. By not working do you mean not displaying or do you mean not connecting to their server to retrieve the tickets?
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:08 am
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    Chapow wrote:PSA

I always make sure the tickets are displayed in the app before leaving home. By not working do you mean not displaying or do you mean not connecting to their server to retrieve the tickets?

We couldn't connect to the servers to retrieve the tickets. We were told that "there had been a surge that knocked out the servers". Tickets were displaying fine on Friday night, but I didn't check before leaving the house on Saturday morning. I emailed my account rep yesterday and he said Ticketmaster was responsible and there wasn't anything that he could/would do. Like I said, I'll just print out my tickets from now on because it's a quick, simple thing to do and it's not worth missing basically a quarter of the match because there's some hiccup with the servers. Not a big deal at the end of the day and I have the ability to make sure it doesn't happen again by printing out my tickets and not relying on the match pass app.

One more quick note regarding Century Link though. At the ticket window area we went to, there were 3 windows. Only one of them would deal with the long line of people in our situation. The other 2 were will call only and the 2 people working those windows were just sitting there on their phones doing nothing. Basically everyone in line was somewhere between really annoyed to downright pissed off.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 am
  • I actually felt sorry for Minnesota last night, they deserved that point.

Obviously I'll take the three point and first place in the west now, but I was impressed with Minnesota's energy.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 am
  • Sounders were poor last night. Really slack and complacent at the back and could have lost more than one goal.

Had lots of possession and half chances on offense but their final ball really let them down, especially Lodeiro.

We lucked out but we need to up our game against Vancouver and Portland.

I hope Bruin starts next game.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:49 am
  • Agree on Lodeiro, he's not half as sharp as he was last year..............not sure what's going on with him. Too much dribbling into being dispossessed and uncertainty on his passes.

Ozzie also didn't have a great match.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:29 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Agree on Lodeiro, he's not half as sharp as he was last year..............not sure what's going on with him. Too much dribbling into being dispossessed and uncertainty on his passes.

There was talk of him wanting to return to Argentina about a month ago. Maybe his head has been turned or there is truth to it and he is unsettled?
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:01 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Agree on Lodeiro, he's not half as sharp as he was last year..............not sure what's going on with him. Too much dribbling into being dispossessed and uncertainty on his passes.

There was talk of him wanting to return to Argentina about a month ago. Maybe his head has been turned or there is truth to it and he is unsettled?

Well if we're going to draw conclusions about what is going on this year as opposed to Lodeiro being super happy here last year? Only thing I can point to is Dempsey.

Last year Lodeiro had free reign to go wherever he wanted to get his foot on the ball. Now he's sharing the center space with Dempsey, who also demands his touches.

So if the rumors are true, it might stem from this.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:19 am
  • Joevin Jones has joined the Trinidad National team without permission from the Sounders for their next two games meaning he'll miss Vancouver and Portland. Not sure what the Sounders will do about it.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:21 pm
  • Jones is replaceable. Evans or Nouhou can replace him defensively and with their new additions, they have enough wingers to replace his responsibilities up top. The Sounders will be alright without Joevin Jones.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:52 am
  • Bit disappointed in last night's game. You have a 1 goal lead and a man advantage for the last 30 minutes and end up with only one point?

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:39 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Bit disappointed in last night's game. You have a 1 goal lead and a man advantage for the last 30 minutes and end up with only one point?

Agreed. They should have come away with 3 points last night. Vancouver was trying to give the Sounders the match and the Sounders didn't take advantage of it.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:54 am
  • Figured when we missed chance after chance that it would bite us in the ass. 2 points thrown away...and it had to be Montero again to score against us. Typical.

Bring on the Timbers.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:36 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Figured when we missed chance after chance that it would bite us in the ass. 2 points thrown away...and it had to be Montero again to score against us. Typical.

Bring on the Timbers.

The soccer gods giveth (didn't really deserve the win against Minnesota).........and the soccer gods taketh away (deserved all three points last night).

Also seeing how well we played the entire game until Dempsey was subbed in kinda confirms what I said above about him being the issue with Lodeiro and others forcing the team to play WAY more narrow so he can remain center and get his touches.

Before he went in the Sounders looked great, specifically Lodeiro, Roldan and Rodriguez. Fantastic spacing and width, two things we lack when Dempsey and Lodeiro are trying to share the same spaces.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 am
  • Victor Rodriguez was very impressive. He was arguably the best player on the pitch last night. Great first match in a Sounders uni. Hopefully he gets more playing time rest of the way.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:03 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Earlier I saw an article where Lodeiro is wooing Luis Suarez to join the Sounders. Sounds like Suarez is game. However, if Suarez decides he wants to play in the MLS does he have to go through allocation or can he sign with whichever team he wants? I know that the Sounders were trying to sign Blanco last offseason but he went to Timbers instead.

Here's the link to the article - http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/he-comes-lodeiro-announces-suarez-to-sounders-on-twitter/eddbyksp8wkv1lxg4tvuaoddz

Oh man, I wish. Can you imagine? Suarez would score like 80 goals a season.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:42 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Earlier I saw an article where Lodeiro is wooing Luis Suarez to join the Sounders. Sounds like Suarez is game. However, if Suarez decides he wants to play in the MLS does he have to go through allocation or can he sign with whichever team he wants? I know that the Sounders were trying to sign Blanco last offseason but he went to Timbers instead.

Here's the link to the article - http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/he-comes-lodeiro-announces-suarez-to-sounders-on-twitter/eddbyksp8wkv1lxg4tvuaoddz

I think this is more a running joke between Lodeiro and Suarez, than anything to be taken seriously.

Suarez is still in his prime playing for the biggest club on the planet, and playing well. He had 29 goals in 31 matches last year for Barca...........and scored in their first match this season.

Hardly the time to call it a career in La Liga and come play in the MLS.

As far as last night's match? Torres's assist on that goal was one of the greatest one touch assists I've ever seen, that was brilliant.

Great comeback, too bad the ref sucked all the momentum out of it by giving that terrible red card to Torres.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:59 pm
  • Sounds like Jordan Morris will miss at least the rest of the regular season with a hamstring injury.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:33 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Sounds like Jordan Morris will miss at least the rest of the regular season with a hamstring injury.

I feel bad for Jordan. He's had a tough year. Hasn't had the impact that was expected from him. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and gets back to form soon.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:25 pm
  • Torres had his red card rescinded so he's eligible for the next match.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:01 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Torres had his red card rescinded so he's eligible for the next match.

Right decision. Was a foul, albeit debatable. But he was not the last defender.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:42 pm
  • Sounders ended their unbeaten streak by laying an egg in Salt Lake. Just bad play all around.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am
  • Feel like the forward line, especially Dempsey are in a funk. Feels really uninspiring watching them. Feel like the ties have kind of covered over the cracks of poor play.

I would like to see Dempsey have a spell as a 70 minute impact sub. Play Nouhou and Jones at lb and LM for some speed and creativity with Bruin up front alone.

I know we miss Morris but even he wasn't playing too great pre injury. This team needs a spark.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:47 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Feel like the forward line, especially Dempsey are in a funk. Feels really uninspiring watching them. Feel like the ties have kind of covered over the cracks of poor play.

I would like to see Dempsey have a spell as a 70 minute impact sub. Play Nouhou and Jones at lb and LM for some speed and creativity with Bruin up front alone.

I know we miss Morris but even he wasn't playing too great pre injury. This team needs a spark.

Morris going down was the worst thing that could have happened to this offense. It was already in a funk with him in the lineup, now he's out and not at least helping stretch the defense..........that's why you're seeing all this uninspired narrow play.

So I agree with you, even though I don't think Schmetzer has the balls to bench Dempsey and make him a sub. But gotta find some speed out wide. Is Jones still in the doghouse? Cause he helps give us width from the back when he's in the lineup.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:40 pm
  • MUCH better tonight. The dam seemed to burst and confidence shot up- especially Dempsey and Lodeiro. Jones looked interested again too. Sucks ozzy got hurt and roldan was through the wars a bit but we've survived without ozzy before.

We play philly at the weekend, a win clinches a play off spot. Last away game of the reg season.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:39 am
  • Great win. The Dempsey-Lodeiro-Rodriquez attack was on fire. The only negative was that Alonso got hurt. Hopefully he's not sidelined for considerable amount of time.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:22 pm
  • That was garbage. A complete waste of time. Slept walked through the first half, looked a little better when Dempsey came on. Nouhou and Alfaro especially stunk it up.

Also probably cost us a first round bye in the play offs.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:24 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:That was garbage. A complete waste of time. Slept walked through the first half, looked a little better when Dempsey came on. Nouhou and Alfaro especially stunk it up.

Also probably cost us a first round bye in the play offs.

It was a garbage lineup so the match turned out garbage. They had Alfaro and Delem starting and playing extended minutes. They basically went in with the attitude of throwing this match away. That's exactly what happened.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information