Congratulations USA! WBC Champs!

DJrmb

Reaction score
Did I miss this somewhere else where it's being discussed?

I'm not the biggest baseball fan but the WBC was actually pretty fun to watch this year and of course a BIG Congratulations to the USA for winning over Puerto Rico last night!

It was nice to see some Mariners performing well in the tourney as well!

Cruz and Cano both hitting over 400 and with 4 HR's between them (3 from Cruz). Smyly with an excellent start and looking sharp. Diaz doing his thing too!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I didn't watch any of it, but did see some highlights. It looks fun, but isn't quite there. Still too many empty seats in the stands and not all the star players playing in it. Softy brought up a good point, every four years, take a 2 week break from the MLB season and play it in July. It would be much more popular if it went that route.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Saw bits and pieces. Some good games some bad. I'm glad the US won, and that was done without the Harper's and Trout's
Of the world. ...the foreign born players were really into the tourney, but for me there was just something missing and I don't know what it was.

Maybe I'm just a stuck up American, but it felt too much like I was watching a soccer game. The "Adam Jones' catch game" was exciting but the rest were pretty boring.

The players took it seriously which is a great thing, but they need to find that missing element whatever that is IMHO.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah very cool since none of the big time players decided to play.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I don't know.... the whole WBC since it's inception has just reeked of desperation by MLB, who sees their sport's market share dwindle to the other 4 every year. I just have trouble caring.

Latest posts