Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Well, here's to hoping that we can escape Houston with a win tonight and put an end to this unpleasant start to the season. For those who are looking for a glass half full perspective, the Rangers ALSO find themselves at 0-3. The Rangers started off the season last year losing 3 of their first 4 games ... and ended up winning 95 games. Just providing a little perspective.
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 1726
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am
    Location: Middle of Nowhere, Washington


  • Crumy start but I'm actually ok with it so far. If we can get anywhere near this pitching throughout the season we'll be fine.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1765
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • getnasty wrote:Crumy start but I'm actually ok with it so far. If we can get anywhere near this pitching throughout the season we'll be fine.


    Yeah.. one blown save from 2-2 and so far pitching looks good.

    Bats can heat up now
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11967
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Yay! A win! We are off and running... Another base loaded debacle but a win is a win
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Crumy start but I'm actually ok with it so far. If we can get anywhere near this pitching throughout the season we'll be fine.


    Yeah.. one blown save from 2-2 and so far pitching looks good.

    Bats can heat up now

    A "blown save" by a rookie in his 1st MLB game. Shouldn't have got that far.

    But nice to see the bats warming up a bit over the last couple of games. Should be able to hit in Anaheim. Hopefully.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16199
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • I'm already hoping to see some moves. O'Neill bring called up with Martin being sent down. Then Dyson can shift to CF. Martin and Valencia are just uninspiring. They're completely useless at the plate. Both struggled during ST. I'd really like to see more of Motter, who is young and hungry. Plus, O'Malley should be off the DL in a few days. I think he and Motter could do some damage on both sides of the ball
    Image
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1053
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


  • Boy... Seager is my fav mariner but man oh man does he start off slow. 3rd error and a lot of strike outs. Another offensive no show thus far. Cruz used all his hits in the WBC it looks like.
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • The Seattle Seguara's
    Image

    (he actually leads another category to Seager's right, pic is just cut off, see: http://imgur.com/f5wGXPb )

    Go S's!
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2043
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


  • 2 on no outs and again unable to score a run. I said to my gf, they should just load the bases, then we will be guaranteed not to score. I stood corrected. Apparently it's with runners in scoring position.
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • This is ridiculous. However, remember the M's started last year at 2-6. I really want to believe, but it's tough. Spring Training is always so deceiving.
    Image
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1053
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


  • Seahaaaawks wrote:2 on no outs and again unable to score a run. I said to my gf, they should just load the bases, then we will be guaranteed not to score. I stood corrected. Apparently it's with runners in scoring position.



    Why are AL teams afraid to bunt in that situation? Clear bunting situation in the National. Should've been for Zunino tonight
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11967
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:2 on no outs and again unable to score a run. I said to my gf, they should just load the bases, then we will be guaranteed not to score. I stood corrected. Apparently it's with runners in scoring position.



    Why are AL teams afraid to bunt in that situation? Clear bunting situation in the National. Should've been for Zunino tonight

    I know. Especially when they are in a shift where the 3rd baseman is playing short.

    :34853_doh:

    Late edit: On second thought, bunting players into scoring position tends to lower the Mariners' batting average.

    :34853_doh: :34853_doh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16199
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:2 on no outs and again unable to score a run. I said to my gf, they should just load the bases, then we will be guaranteed not to score. I stood corrected. Apparently it's with runners in scoring position.



    Why are AL teams afraid to bunt in that situation? Clear bunting situation in the National. Should've been for Zunino tonight


    Agreed but... He would have struck out trying :pukeface:
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • Zilchino wants to work the count to full so bad that the pitchers know they can send strike 1-2 right down the center of the plate because he'll watch them go right past.
    Once they accomplish that it's easy garbadge pitch time because he's in the hole 0-2 and will swing at damn near anything low and away.

    He's getting to the point where he is what he is. Now it's becoming like Ackley/smoak like where he gets way too much time to click and never does. He'll get some home runs and will kill rally after rally, it's what he does.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    User avatar
    Msfann
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1845
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 am


  • Even though the record isn't what we want it to be, I'm pleased with the bullpen and the starting pitching. Only a matter of time until the bats get going. Why we continue to play Zunino so much, I don't know. Reminds me a lot of Ackley and Smoak. Zunino is a career .200 hitter, as shown by his career stats. I get he is great defensively, but if that is the case we might as well bring Brendan Ryan back. Hopefully tonight we can get things going tonight for Felix.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3262
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • JSeahawks wrote:Allow me to save you guys from the misery. They'll play just well enough to give you some false hope. Then they will fall short in the end.


    At this rate, I might not even get treated to false hope this season.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    User avatar
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1357
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


  • Threedee wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Allow me to save you guys from the misery. They'll play just well enough to give you some false hope. Then they will fall short in the end.


    At this rate, I might not even get treated to false hope this season.


    It's tricky for me to remain interested without falling into the emotional investment trap. I have to really try to just enjoy the game and not be too concerned with the outcome.


    "If you're gonna have expectations for the M's, you're gonna have a bad time"
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1450
    Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm
    Location: Graham, WA


  • If I were an opposing pitcher I'd never throw Zunino a strike EVER. The guy swings at pitches that are 2 feet outside of the strikezone. I'm so done with Mr. Auto-out, I don't care how good his defense is supposed to be. He has is Charles Barkley Turrible...... time to get an veteran everyday catcher that can hit .230 and not be a liability on defense.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22083
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Sports Hernia wrote:If I were an opposing pitcher I'd never throw Zunino a strike EVER. The guy swings at pitches that are 2 feet outside of the strikezone. I'm so done with Mr. Auto-out, I don't care how good his defense is supposed to be. He has is Charles Barkley Turrible...... time to get an veteran everyday catcher that can hit .230 and not be a liability on defense.


    We have one... Ruiz and he 100x better than Zunino. Z sucks I am over him. The plane needs to drop him off in Tacoma. Starting to hate our manager as well
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • How do you not pinch hit for the ice cold Zunino right there? He is awful. Terrible. Servace you suck! Watches 2 pitches down the middle then swings at one out of the strike zone? My goodness. These guys are pathetic so far. Sell out crowd on Monday, 5,000 on Tuesday.
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • Seahaaaawks wrote:How do you not pinch hit for the ice cold Zunino right there? He is awful. Terrible. Servace you suck! Watches 2 pitches down the middle then swings at one out of the strike zone? My goodness. These guys are pathetic so far. Sell out crowd on Monday, 5,000 on Tuesday.

    I'll be there Monday and was looking forward to it until lately.
    1-6 is horrible for the talent level they have. .....and yes I know it's still early, but digging yourself in an early hole is more damaging then most think.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22083
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Seahaaaawks wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:If I were an opposing pitcher I'd never throw Zunino a strike EVER. The guy swings at pitches that are 2 feet outside of the strikezone. I'm so done with Mr. Auto-out, I don't care how good his defense is supposed to be. He has is Charles Barkley Turrible...... time to get an veteran everyday catcher that can hit .230 and not be a liability on defense.


    We have one... Ruiz and he 100x better than Zunino. Z sucks I am over him. The plane needs to drop him off in Tacoma. Starting to hate our manager as well

    Ruiz IS an upgrade but at his age is not an everyday catcher.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22083
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Even though the record isn't what we want it to be, I'm pleased with the bullpen and the starting pitching. Only a matter of time until the bats get going. Why we continue to play Zunino so much, I don't know. Reminds me a lot of Ackley and Smoak. Zunino is a career .200 hitter, as shown by his career stats. I get he is great defensively, but if that is the case we might as well bring Brendan Ryan back. Hopefully tonight we can get things going tonight for Felix.

    I remember a thread where I got made out to be wrong for wanting Zunino gone(he didn't have enough at bats).It looks like I was right about him even though I'd be happy to eat crow.That thread was like 2 years ago and he still cannot hit MLB off speed stuff.There are many who have tried and failed.The bright side to having a bad year is we can have a nice draft.I think it's time for the M's to draft MZ's replacement.
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3037
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Even though the record isn't what we want it to be, I'm pleased with the bullpen and the starting pitching. Only a matter of time until the bats get going. Why we continue to play Zunino so much, I don't know. Reminds me a lot of Ackley and Smoak. Zunino is a career .200 hitter, as shown by his career stats. I get he is great defensively, but if that is the case we might as well bring Brendan Ryan back. Hopefully tonight we can get things going tonight for Felix.

    I remember a thread where I got made out to be wrong for wanting Zunino gone(he didn't have enough at bats).It looks like I was right about him even though I'd be happy to eat crow.That thread was like 2 years ago and he still cannot hit MLB off speed stuff.There are many who have tried and failed.The bright side to having a bad year is we can have a nice draft.I think it's time for the M's to draft MZ's replacement.


    Seems we are wasting time on Zunino... Kinda like we wasted all those years on.... Ohhhh I don't know ACKLEY!!! I'd be happy if Zunino proved me wrong as well but I've been waiting for 5 years for that to happen. He can't hit a 91mph fastball down the middle. He usally watches pitches in the strike zone, goes down 0-2 or 1-2 then swings at something off speed out of the zone. Very frusterating. This whole M's team is frusterating right now. Just not good baseball. It's early it's early it's early
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • All the Zunino hate.....Where's the Martin hate? Both have to go.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2043
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:If I were an opposing pitcher I'd never throw Zunino a strike EVER. The guy swings at pitches that are 2 feet outside of the strikezone. I'm so done with Mr. Auto-out, I don't care how good his defense is supposed to be. He has is Charles Barkley Turrible...... time to get an veteran everyday catcher that can hit .230 and not be a liability on defense.


    We have one... Ruiz and he 100x better than Zunino. Z sucks I am over him. The plane needs to drop him off in Tacoma. Starting to hate our manager as well

    Ruiz IS an upgrade but at his age is not an everyday catcher.

    It's a bummer to know that we had a pretty good catcher for a few days in the 2015 season named Wellington Castillo. We got him from the Cubs for practically nothing (Medina) but then quickly shipped him to Arizona in the Trumbo deal. And it's even worse that DiPoto flipped Trumbo last offseason for Clevenger! Jack Z giving up on Castillo so early put a good dent in this team.
    Image
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1053
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


  • Crizilla wrote:All the Zunino hate.....Where's the Martin hate? Both have to go.


    Martin looks lost at the plate but hopefully he will come around. They want him mainly for his D. Speedy CF with a great arm. Just hoping he can hit .250 at least. But Zunino has proven time and time again he is a .110 hitter
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • hes a good CF....thats it. Nothing special. You do realize there's more than just batting average right? *facepalm*. He only had 47 RBI's last year.....lmfao. Mike Cameron was never this bad.

    hes gotta go.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2043
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


  • Yeah I realize there is more than batting average. Just throwing one stat out there that Ive always kept an eye on. When I was a kid batting average and slugging % was pretty much all you looked at on a baseball card. Now there's all kinds.
    Anyways yes he stinks. Swings 150% at breaking balls out of the zone even with 2 strikes. No change in his approach, just swinging for the fences. A real head scratcher. Dunno whatever happened to choking up and swinging 75% instead of a full swing and trying to hit the ball out of the stadium
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • Seahaaaawks wrote:Yeah I realize there is more than batting average. Just throwing one stat out there that Ive always kept an eye on. When I was a kid batting average and slugging % was pretty much all you looked at on a baseball card. Now there's all kinds.
    Anyways yes he stinks. Swings 150% at breaking balls out of the zone even with 2 strikes. No change in his approach, just swinging for the fences. A real head scratcher. Dunno whatever happened to choking up and swinging 75% instead of a full swing and trying to hit the ball out of the stadium

    Was never a fan of "choking up", it never worked when I played. What worked was not swinging at pitches out of the zone, and not taking pitches down the middle of the plate, and try not to "guess" too much at the plate. Getting into hitters counts was my goal if possible. Sometimes the first pitch is the best one you are going to see, especially against a good pitcher, if it was in the area I liked it I swung.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22083
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:Yeah I realize there is more than batting average. Just throwing one stat out there that Ive always kept an eye on. When I was a kid batting average and slugging % was pretty much all you looked at on a baseball card. Now there's all kinds.
    Anyways yes he stinks. Swings 150% at breaking balls out of the zone even with 2 strikes. No change in his approach, just swinging for the fences. A real head scratcher. Dunno whatever happened to choking up and swinging 75% instead of a full swing and trying to hit the ball out of the stadium

    Was never a fan of "choking up", it never worked when I played. What worked was not swinging at pitches out of the zone, and not taking pitches down the middle of the plate, and try not to "guess" too much at the plate. Getting into hitters counts was my goal if possible. Sometimes the first pitch is the best one you are going to see, especially against a good pitcher, if it was in the area I liked it I swung.


    Good points... Funny you say that cause it seems Zunino watches the first pitch no matter what. It's right down the middle and he takes it, shakes his head yes, chews his gum, steps back in the box and swings at breaking balls in the dirt.
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • Are we trying to lose?
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3262
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • What a joke. I don't even know what to say.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3262
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • I thought it was over and turned it back to the masters! Unreal!!! I can't believe it.
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • Martin with 1 hit today. That puts him on pace for around 50 hits all season. He's 2 for 24 so far. When the M's do score a lot of runs, you would think Martin got at least 1 RBI out of those runs. Nope. Still has 0 RBI's for the season. Is Cruz finally at the point where he's too old? He had a good run.

    I didn't see the Trout at bat. Did we intentionally walk him? I hope not. Pujols will still kill you. M's aren't ready to stare the beast in the eyes yet.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2043
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


  • We didn't intentionally walk Trout. Four straight balls from what I remember.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3262
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • They cannot stop stepping on their manhood.
    Absolutely pitiful. ....and I've paid to watch this crap tomorrow. Might be a one and done for the season in games attended for me. Sigh!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22083
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Sports Hernia wrote:They cannot stop stepping on their manhood.
    Absolutely pitiful. ....and I've paid to watch this crap tomorrow. Might be a one and done for the season in games attended for me. Sigh!


    I'm with ya man!!! I was considering going. But I don't have much money and I can't justify spending 100 bucks to watch this team play like chumps. Manager included. I'm a huge fan and it's weird to have this mentality. But I can watch them lose on tv and spend the money on beers at home. Ha
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • Seahaaaawks wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:They cannot stop stepping on their manhood.
    Absolutely pitiful. ....and I've paid to watch this crap tomorrow. Might be a one and done for the season in games attended for me. Sigh!


    I'm with ya man!!! I was considering going. But I don't have much money and I can't justify spending 100 bucks to watch this team play like chumps. Manager included. I'm a huge fan and it's weird to have this mentality. But I can watch them lose on tv and spend the money on beers at home. Ha

    I spent $40 plus the gas it's going to take to get down there.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22083
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • I know it's only 7 games in, and they had this same record this time last year. But this team flat out sucks. Am I foolish for already giving up?
    Image
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1053
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here



  • I don't know why but this is what I expect to see and hear for the first 20 games or so by the front office.
    BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    User avatar
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1128
    Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:43 pm
    Location: davenport


  • bevellisthedevil wrote:
    I don't know why but this is what I expect to see and hear for the first 20 games or so by the front office.


    Haha that is amazing! Orrrrrrrrrr should I say, awesome!
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    User avatar
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Redmond Washington


  • WTF?? I was watching the game, saw they were cruising, up 9-3 going to the 9th. So I went to the gym and was thinking on the way, ok 2-5 to start the year.

    I come back home...WTF just happened??! This team is the equivalent of sewage baked in a pie crust. Looks tempting as you take a bite and then realize it's raw shit. How many frigging years am I going to continue to watch this??
    2017 Adopt a Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1122
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • I'm still pissed--major league teams do not give up 7 damn runs in the 9th. Unfrigging believable.
    2017 Adopt a Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1122
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • I have to say I've already lost interest. The last two games were just unbearably stupid.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11967
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:I have to say I've already lost interest. The last two games were just unbearably stupid.

    Sadly, you are not alone. They have to get the ship righted this homestand or their will be tons more joining you.

    We used to go to quite a few games with my neighbors at the time back in the early 1980's and their dad and grand dad. The dad said if Seattle isn't out of the pennant race by May, it's a minor miracle. I hope they are not slipping back to the dark ages.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22083
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Baseball is not Football and you can't watch them the same. Things will even out, it's just going to take time. For whatever reason this group just seems to start seasons slow (sound familiar to any other Seattle team? lol)

    With that said last night was infuriating! I was yelling profanity at my TV and I'm sure my neighbors thought I was crazy haha. I missed a little bit of the 9th, can someone explain to me why the manager didn't pull Diaz after giving up 3 runs and clearly not being able to throw a strike? I didn't think our bullpen was emptied out yet was it? Was he just being stubborn?
    User avatar
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 853
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm


  • For some perspective regarding yesterday's collapse, since '11 teams were 2529-1 when leading by 6 runs or more heading into the 9th inning. And now 2529-2 per ESPN.

    Early in the season or not, there are many indications this organization is in trouble. And that's a real shame considering the optimism following last season.
    2017 Adopt a Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1122
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • DJrmb wrote:Baseball is not Football and you can't watch them the same. Things will even out, it's just going to take time. For whatever reason this group just seems to start seasons slow (sound familiar to any other Seattle team? lol)

    With that said last night was infuriating! I was yelling profanity at my TV and I'm sure my neighbors thought I was crazy haha. I missed a little bit of the 9th, can someone explain to me why the manager didn't pull Diaz after giving up 3 runs and clearly not being able to throw a strike? I didn't think our bullpen was emptied out yet was it? Was he just being stubborn?


    I didn't say the season was over.

    I've just lost interest. Come back and win some games and I'll start following along.

    Not a fairweather Mariners fan, just a fairweather baseball fan.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11967
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Baseball is not Football and you can't watch them the same. Things will even out, it's just going to take time. For whatever reason this group just seems to start seasons slow (sound familiar to any other Seattle team? lol)

    With that said last night was infuriating! I was yelling profanity at my TV and I'm sure my neighbors thought I was crazy haha. I missed a little bit of the 9th, can someone explain to me why the manager didn't pull Diaz after giving up 3 runs and clearly not being able to throw a strike? I didn't think our bullpen was emptied out yet was it? Was he just being stubborn?


    I didn't say the season was over.

    I've just lost interest. Come back and win some games and I'll start following along.

    Not a fairweather Mariners fan, just a fairweather baseball fan.

    I hear you. I'm sure I'll have to take a break from them sometime this year too. Especially if the BP keeps giving games up when we actually get a decent lead!

    One thing that killed me last year was all the stupid extra inning games. Maybe I'm not a "real baseball fan" but I hate extra inning games with a passion.
    User avatar
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 853
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Bobblehead and 8 guests