Golovkin vs Canelo

knownone

Reaction score
I like Canelo but I don't like his chances. Glovokin is a better fighter and he's one of the few who can match Canelo's power... definitely the most exciting fight in recent history.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If this fight took place a year or two ago, I'd easily take Golovkin. But he is older now, and he didn't look very good in his last fight against Jacobs. Should be a great match.

Unfortunately I ordered the Chavez-Canelo fight. I knew Canelo was going to win, but was disgusted at how Chavez fought. IMO he took the cowards way out. He never wanted to compete, he just wanted to make the full 12 rounds and collect his check. Wouldn't shock me if we never saw him fight again. Afterwards, I watched the Klitschko-Joshua fight for free on demand, that fight was 100x better. If you haven't seen it, check it out. There is something about watching heavyweights that you can't get with the other fights. Probably one of the best fights I've seen this year. I'm in the belief that boxing won't make a full comeback until the heavyweight division gets going. What happened to it? Hoping it makes a comeback.

Nice to see a boxing thread. I know a lot of people like UFC, but I just can't get into it. I'm an old school guy, I really enjoy a good boxing match. Also, if you haven't seen the Thurman-Porter fight, find it. It went down last summer, one of the best boxing matches I've seen in a long time.

Tical21

Reaction score
I honestly don't think all that highly of either one of them. Golovkin is about to fall off a cliff and never be heard from again, and Canelo was so embarrassingly bad against May that I have a hard time taking him seriously. I'll watch it because it's the greatest sport next to Golf and beating Oregon, but it isn't what I would call a SuperFight.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tical21":3c1tcvqs said:
I honestly don't think all that highly of either one of them. Golovkin is about to fall off a cliff and never be heard from again, and Canelo was so embarrassingly bad against May that I have a hard time taking him seriously. I'll watch it because it's the greatest sport next to Golf and beating Oregon, but it isn't what I would call a SuperFight.

So just out of curiosity, what "superfight" do you want to see? Btw, I have the ducks winning by knockout in the 3rd this season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Tical21":1uzfdua8 said:

I somewhat agree with you about Golovkin. At his age, and how he looked in his last fight, I think we his career goes downwards from here. He may still beat Canelo, but we are done seeing him dominate boxing.

While it isn't a superfight in comparison to what we used to get back in the 90's and before that, but it's probably the best match you could ask for right now. I don't get why people want to continually see Mayweather and Pacman, both of them are old. To be honest, there just aren't many compelling young boxers right now.

Tical21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3sdjgm4w said:
Tical21":3sdjgm4w said:

So just out of curiosity, what "superfight" do you want to see? Btw, I have the ducks winning by knockout in the 3rd this season.
I dunno, Fury vs Wilder I guess? The lighter guys have all been dominated by Manny and Mayweather, so anything involving them kind of feels like a JV fight. I don't think there is a superfight down there anywhere right now. This is probably as close as you're gonna get, but I don't think either one of these guys is more than half of what Mayweather or Manny were in their primes.