NBA Finals Thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
NBA Finals start tonight. We've all been waiting for this, everyone knew from the start of the regular season that it would be the Cavs and Warriors meeting in the finals. Should be one of the best finals ever. Arguably 3 of the NBA's top 5 players and 7 of the NBA's top 20 players are playing in this finals.

Who are you rooting for and who do you think will win? I'm rooting for Cleveland, I've grown to like LeBron James. Warriors are slowly turning into that great team that is easy to dislike. Hopefully it goes 7 games like it did last year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Go Warriors...

Durant was the last of the Sonics. (unless we count Collison).

I like this rivalry though.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is still a thing? Did they take a month off?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Go Cavs (again), just for the fact that everyone and their brother has jumped on the GS bandwagon.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
sdog1981":146xo3dk said:
This is still a thing? Did they take a month off?

Much better than the lead up to the SB, that is the worst. Two weeks off and all the stupid media stuff. While a week was too long for the NBA, they were set on starting on a Thursday, so if there is a game 7 it would fall on a Sunday.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3ss9bmzq said:
Go Cavs (again), just for the fact that everyone and their brother has jumped on the GS bandwagon.

Really? Golden State has taken a ton of flack since Durant signed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1u8ubzlx said:

As opposed to Lebrons bandwagon?

I actually like Golden State. Fun team to watch. Kind of reminds me of the 80s NBA

knownone

Reaction score
I never thought I'd see the day where Kyle Korver would be asked to defend Kevin Durant in the finals... The Cavs did a terrible job with their bench this offseason and will probably get swept because of it.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2mn46pl2 said:
Go Warriors...

Durant was the last of the Sonics. (unless we count Collison).

I like this rivalry though.

If you want to get technical, that last sonics on that roster is Westbrook.

Attachments

• f4c2e3fb5ce36a38ba17bbbc8dd4a251.jpg
    f4c2e3fb5ce36a38ba17bbbc8dd4a251.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 6,187

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Drafted by Seattle.. signed by Oklahoma. Never a Sonic. Although.. that picture makes my heart hurt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":32nzsh2o said:
Drafted by Seattle.. signed by Oklahoma. Never a Sonic. Although.. that picture makes my heart hurt.

He was a Sonic for a year, the year Bennett gutted the team on their way to 62 losses in order to assure an all time fan apathy about the team to make it easier to move to OKC.

I don't begrudge Durant at all, I'm glad he bailed on OKC and I hope he wins 5 rings.

btw, what lasts longer, the time it takes Halley's Comet to complete it's orbit or the NBA playoffs? Cause I feel like it's close.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ai8ten0b said:
Uncle Si":ai8ten0b said:

He was a Sonic for a year, the year Bennett gutted the team on their way to 62 losses in order to assure an all time fan apathy about the team to make it easier to move to OKC.

No:

"Westbrook was selected 4th overall in the 2008 NBA draft by the Seattle SuperSonics (which then relocated to Oklahoma City and became the Thunder six days later). He signed with the team on July 5, 2008"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3f3qqwff said:
Sgt. Largent":3f3qqwff said:
Uncle Si":3f3qqwff said:

No:

"Westbrook was selected 4th overall in the 2008 NBA draft by the Seattle SuperSonics (which then relocated to Oklahoma City and became the Thunder six days later). He signed with the team on July 5, 2008"

I thought you guys were talking about Durant.

Hopefully Westbrook leaves OKC too, then they can take their rightful place as the bottom feeder crap franchise that befits the city and owner for the next century.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I do not disagree.

I certainly give Durant a pass. And remember him as a Sonic

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The scheduling is horrible, game 2 in GS isn't until Sunday. Looks like they will be playing games about every three days, rather than every other day. Only time you need two days is when you go between the two cities.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2iy3988p said:
fenderbender123":2iy3988p said:

As opposed to Lebrons bandwagon?

I actually like Golden State. Fun team to watch. Kind of reminds me of the 80s NBA

It's more or less based on certain people I know who are rooting for Golden State....last year it seemed like everyone was rooting for GS because they didn't like Lebron.

But let's be honest...the main reason I'm rooting against GS, is because of Curry's face. It's just so punchable. I can tell just by looking at his face that he's an annoying piece of shit in real life. Not like a scummy person who commits crimes, but one of those annoying guys who flicked your ear in class and then pretended like he was just sitting there when you turned around, and then looked at you and said "what? Stop looking at me" in front of the whole class while all his buddies laughed at you. I can just tell he was that kind of person by looking at his face.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":j9r0p64d said:
The scheduling is horrible, game 2 in GS isn't until Sunday. Looks like they will be playing games about every three days, rather than every other day. Only time you need two days is when you go between the two cities.

Thus my Halley's Comet joke......the NBA playoffs are ridiculously long. Especially now that everyone knows it's a foregone conclusion which two teams will be in the finals.

I had last night's game on for barely the first quarter before I got bored, turned the station and never went back. Watching two teams dunk and layup 200 times cause no one plays any defense anymore is a terrible product.

I know I'm in the minority cause NBA ratings are through the roof, but it's no bueno for a casual basketball fan like me.