Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Int'l Football: Summer Transfer Silly Season

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

  • Non story. Real will pay his fine.

    How about Liverpool messing up the move for the Southampton center back?

    Big player moves I might believe:

    Mbappe to Real
    Sanchez to Bayern
    Bale to Madrid
    Walker to City
    Veratti to Barca
    Salah to Liverpool
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14192
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Not really a summer transfer but Frank De Boer named Palace boss on a 3 year deal. No idea how this will pan out so i guess we just hold tight and see how it goes.
    Blueboy
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 138
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:10 am
    Location: London, UK


  • Looks like Jose got his guy in Lukaku. I put Man United in the pole position for the PL next season.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2289
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


  • sdog1981 wrote:Looks like Jose got his guy in Lukaku. I put Man United in the pole position for the PL next season.


    Nah..

    Lukaku might score as much as Ibra, but doubt it. And they weren't winning the league with him. Chelsea still very clear favorites.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14192
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:Looks like Jose got his guy in Lukaku. I put Man United in the pole position for the PL next season.


    Nah..

    Lukaku might score as much as Ibra, but doubt it. And they weren't winning the league with him. Chelsea still very clear favorites.



    You know me man a true plastic Chelsea man. But I don't know with Text-gate going down and them not finding anything in the way of a striker or extra LWB is leaving me worried.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2289
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


  • sdog1981 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:Looks like Jose got his guy in Lukaku. I put Man United in the pole position for the PL next season.


    Nah..

    Lukaku might score as much as Ibra, but doubt it. And they weren't winning the league with him. Chelsea still very clear favorites.



    You know me man a true plastic Chelsea man. But I don't know with Text-gate going down and them not finding anything in the way of a striker or extra LWB is leaving me worried.

    Saw a rumor tonight that Chelsea may be going after Sergio Aguero.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10367
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • Worries for sure. But Chelsea won the title by double digit points. While I don't see their point total reaching those heights again, they're still the prohibitive favorites. Jose and Pep are showing their true managerial talent... buy expensive players. Lukaku is a good signing. But he loves to score when the games already gone. Ibra carried United for a time with massive goals. I just don't see Lukaku living up to that. Lacazette will be a better player.

    Could be wrong (not the first time). Hope not.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14192
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • So does anyone think there's any truth to all this Neymar-to-PSG talk?
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10367
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • Truth? Sure.

    I can't see Neymar leaving Barca for PSG however.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14192
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:Truth? Sure.

    I can't see Neymar leaving Barca for PSG however.

    Man, this whole Neymar/PSG Will-he-won't-he saga is the pure, distilled essence of Silly Season.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10367
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • Alvaro Morata to Chelsea and all is right in the world. Chelsea will switch to a full on 352 and win the double.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2289
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


  • sdog1981 wrote:Alvaro Morata to Chelsea and all is right in the world. Chelsea will switch to a full on 352 and win the double.


    Costa will leave.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14192
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am






It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online