US Open

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I know some of our fans here play golf, some like me hack golf courses up so they have to replace grass by the truckload. But that course looks fun to play in Michigan. Very interesting as they are playing pretty well and I thought it was gonna be really windy. It has died down a bit. Kinda miss Phil being in it, but family has to come first.

Your thoughts???

Happy Fathers Day to those which it applies.

Tical21

Reaction score
I was super disappointed when I turned on the tv and saw that course when I was expecting a Wisconsin forest.

Greens weren't nearly fast enough for a US Open. Also, guys weren't penalized enough for missing greens. It just never felt like a US Open to me. It felt like the majority of the tour events, only with a bigger purse.

Any tournament without the oversaturation of the fake smile is greatly appreciated however.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Happy for Koepka, but it was kind of a snoozer of an Open..........especially when Fowler faded.

Majors are always more interesting when the top players are close and in contention on Sunday. Didn't happen this year, but I did dig Erin Hills.

I know Nicklaus complained a couple weeks ago that he doesn't like giving the Open to new courses, but IMO that's what the US Open is all about, celebrating US golf. That means well known courses, new courses, private and public.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3t1n722g said:
Happy for Koepka, but it was kind of a snoozer of an Open..........especially when Fowler faded.

Majors are always more interesting when the top players are close and in contention on Sunday. Didn't happen this year, but I did dig Erin Hills.

I know Nicklaus complained a couple weeks ago that he doesn't like giving the Open to new courses, but IMO that's what the US Open is all about, celebrating US golf. That means well known courses, new courses, private and public.

I agree. If a course has unknowns prior to the practice round, it makes it a challenge for all golfers. That is the US OPEN in my eyes. If the players are that good, then the challenges should not hinder them. The wind in the course just played should have been devastating and did not seem to be put into play as much as they desired. That could have changed the aspect of the course dramatically. Instead....ho hum and a golf record for lowest round made.