EPL 2017/18 Season

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The new season starts in 10 days, boys & girls! In today's news, Daniel Sturridge decided to get his annual injury out of the way early this year, unless this is just a tease for a truly devastating one later on.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I'm incredibly excited. After coming in for the last two seasons after they started, this will be my first full season of the Premier League.

Repping Newcastle United because of DeAndre Yedlin (and because after learning about their history, they appeal to me as a Seattle sports fan). They look in danger of going right back down to the Championship, though.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Chelsea starting their defense of the Premier League title like a house afire today. Wait, no, I mean dumpster fire. Sorry, I got my conflagrations mixed up. :)

sdog1981

Reaction score
This Chelsea team today looked like the one that quit on Joes after they won it all in 2014-15.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Chelsea came back to almost tie it playing with 9 men. We will be fine. KTBFFH

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Just saw this thread.

Same old Liverpool day one. Offense looks great even without Coutinho. But... and I mean come on.. that defense.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3oix3qhh said:
Just saw this thread.

Same old Liverpool day one. Offense looks great even without Coutinho. But... and I mean come on.. that defense.

Liverpool is kind of like the English national team. They think they can just roll out the ball and the name will win them every game.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The two most impressive teams in week one, to me, were the Manchester sides. Of course neither of them were playing a top tier opponent, but still.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sdog1981":215da9mg said:
Uncle Si":215da9mg said:
Just saw this thread.

Liverpool is kind of like the English national team. They think they can just roll out the ball and the name will win them every game.

Grossly inaccurate.

Liverpool have their issues but it has nothing to do with believing the 1980s were yesterday

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":nwdi8n2e said:
Liverpool have their issues but it has nothing to do with believing the 1980s were yesterday

Nothing is as simple as what my statement was. But it is a joke that fits most Liverpool fans

sdog1981

Reaction score
Oh man SI you must have loved that beat down that Liverpool gave Arsenal.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I did. All while Coutinho squirms and Arsenal fans suffer. I then see Liverpool agree on Keita (finally) and are very A to e on other targets. Plus the Champs league draw and not much to complain about (except Liverpools defense of course)

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1wyumjsx said:
I did. All while Coutinho squirms and Arsenal fans suffer. I then see Liverpool agree on Keita (finally) and are very A to e on other targets. Plus the Champs league draw and not much to complain about (except Liverpools defense of course)

After a melt down like this I always switch to Arsenal fan TV to watch the post match meltdown. Then Sky sports for Carragher and Thierry Henry to catch their reactions.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sdog1981":1ih7ynh7 said:
Uncle Si":1ih7ynh7 said:

After a melt down like this I always switch to Arsenal fan TV to watch the post match meltdown. Then Sky sports for Carragher and Thierry Henry to catch their reactions.

It was bad, fam.. ya know blud?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":32qk6ikr said:
sdog1981":32qk6ikr said:
Uncle Si":32qk6ikr said:

It was bad, fam.. ya know blud?

Now with the Oxlade-Chamberlain going to, Chelsea they are going to take it to a new level.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
He rejected Chelsea.

Doesn't want to play wing back there either. I think he might end up at Liverpool.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":if97aex2 said:
He rejected Chelsea.

Doesn't want to play wing back there either. I think he might end up at Liverpool.

Pfft, you can have him. It's not like we need young,quality,fast,homegrown wingback/strikers.

Edit: How do you fellas see Man U this year?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
United still play the same way as last year. They lack creativity and width and are not strong in the back. Their biggest (only) improvements are replacing Ibras stagnant play with Lukakus movement (does that equal more goals) and Matic freeing up Pogba to roam higher up the field.

Not sure if it secures a title. But certainly challenging for one. Still see a lot of draws coming.

sdog1981

Reaction score
They call it silly season for a reason. I think Chelsea over all did not get the targets they wanted but did add some depth that will be needed for a full slate of games this season.