Anyone catch the 30 for 30 yesterday about Carter HS footbal

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Anyone catch that episode last night? As always 30 for 30s are really well done. This topic was really interesting gave a look into the crazyness of Texas high school football. There was some familiar names, Jesse Armstead who played for Miami and then 11 years in the NFL, and the Permian Panthers from Friday Night Lights fame.

Crazy I think they said of that one years high school team 16 got D1 scholly offers and 6 ....SIX played some Pro Snaps... SIX!

Of course the other half of the story was about members of the team after the championship run getting involved in criminal activity which ultimately helped the school get stripped of the title.

Crazy stuff man. Go check it out if you didn't see.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It was a very interesting story that left me conflicted at the end. Those kids screwed up big time and did some serious time behind bars and not for petty crimes either. Did you catch the part where Odell Beckham's dad almost beat Dallas Carter by hauling in that 4th down pass?

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
sdog1981":33cetlji said:
It was a very interesting story that left me conflicted at the end. Those kids screwed up big time and did some serious time behind bars and not for petty crimes either. Did you catch the part where Odell Beckham's dad almost beat Dallas Carter by hauling in that 4th down pass?

Yup saw that. No wonder OBJ is such a stud. Comes from good stock!

Of the 6 who served time, atleast two had full rides to be time programs.

I think the RB to Houston and the Corner was going to Tennessee.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The story is just sad due to the fact that all the good that was done by the school was wiped out by the actions of a few students.