Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

MLB Playoffs Thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
MLB Playoffs Thread
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:15 pm
  • Should be a fun postseason. Yanks look like they are going to move onto Cleveland. We would have lost easily to the Yanks had we made it.

I think Cleveland comes out the AL, and the NL is wide open. I think the Dbacks have a real shot of getting to the World Series. Nats and Dodgers always choke in the playoffs. Cubs have been here before but they don't have the best starting rotation.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Re: MLB Playoffs Thread
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:50 am
  • 4 outstanding clubs in the playoffs this year.. and a couple more good ones. The Dodgers crushed the NL this season, while the Astros and Indians set a high mark in the AL.

I see Dodgers and Cleveland in the series. No team would surprise me though.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:38 pm
  • Can Clayton Kershaw get over his postseason woes??? Will Clevland follow up last seasons post season success? many good storylines here.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:11 pm
  • Every season we lament the Mariners missing the playoffs, but, then I watch the postseason play of the contenders, and it just blows away the level of ability that I have observed from Seattle.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:58 pm
  • Yanks being down 0-2 makes me smile. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:53 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Yanks being down 0-2 makes me smile. 8)

Yeah, about that...
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:55 am
  • Threedee wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Yanks being down 0-2 makes me smile. 8)

Yeah, about that...

Yeah that didn't go the way I wanted! GO Houston! :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:27 pm
  • Guess we should have gone after Verlander.. thought he was toast.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:28 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Guess we should have gone after Verlander.. thought he was toast.

Looked great today in a complete game.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:17 pm
  • Amazing comeback win by the Yanks today. There is something special about this team. Tomorrow almost seems like a must win for them as they probably have no chance of winning two in a row in Houston.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:15 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Amazing comeback win by the Yanks today. There is something special about this team. Tomorrow almost seems like a must win for them as they probably have no chance of winning two in a row in Houston.

$&@# the Yankees! 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:18 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Amazing comeback win by the Yanks today. There is something special about this team. Tomorrow almost seems like a must win for them as they probably have no chance of winning two in a row in Houston.

$&@# the Yankees! 8)

I honestly don't mind the Yanks that much. I know it is easy to hate them, but this team isn't built like the past teams where they simply bought players on a high payroll. Judge, Sanchez, Severino and more are all young guys that they either traded for when they were prospects or came up through the minors. The Mariners are probably built more like the past Yankee teams than this current Yankee team.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:40 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Amazing comeback win by the Yanks today. There is something special about this team. Tomorrow almost seems like a must win for them as they probably have no chance of winning two in a row in Houston.

$&@# the Yankees! 8)

I honestly don't mind the Yanks that much. I know it is easy to hate them, but this team isn't built like the past teams where they simply bought players on a high payroll. Judge, Sanchez, Severino and more are all young guys that they either traded for when they were prospects or came up through the minors. The Mariners are probably built more like the past Yankee teams than this current Yankee team.

They bought that bullpen. Can't stand their fanbase in general (though there are some cool ones, see Lymon). I used to get in animated discussions when them during the early Safeco years. You could usually stop them in their tracks by asking "what part of New York are you from?" They usually respond with I'm not from NY I'm from West Seattle or Ballard, I just like them for the winning history. So the word "front runner" would come up and I'd get the "dead in the headlights" look back.

I'd then ask who their favorite basketball team was and most would say the Chicago Bulls (see Jordan era).

It hasn't been tough to be a Yankees fan the last 100 years.

The Yanks bought most of their championships like the *allas Cowboys did in the '90's.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:53 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

$&@# the Yankees! 8)

They bought that bullpen. Can't stand their fanbase in general (though there are some cool ones, see Lymon). I used to get in animated discussions when them during the early Safeco years. You could usually stop them in their tracks by asking "what part of New York are you from?" They usually respond with I'm not from NY I'm from West Seattle or Ballard, I just like them for the winning history. So the word "front runner" would come up and I'd get the "dead in the headlights" look back.

I'd then ask who their favorite basketball team was and most would say the Chicago Bulls (see Jordan era).

The Yanks bought most of their championships like the *allas Cowboys did in the '90's.

Dallas bought their 3rd. The Patriots bought their last 2. Loathe though I am to admit it, the '92-'93 Cowboys were built by fleecing the Vikings and shrewd drafting.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 am
  • Damn Chris Taylor could have been our center fielder.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:58 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:$&@# the Yankees! 8)

Dallas bought their 3rd. The Patriots bought their last 2. Loathe though I am to admit it, the '92-'93 Cowboys were built by fleecing the Vikings and shrewd drafting.

What also helped *allas was no salary cap. Since the “salary cap era” *allas has had 22 years of tears and zero Lombardi’s.
    Imagine If the team Paul Allen could assemble being the richest owner in the NFL without a salary cap.

Back to baseball, anyone know where I can get a “Yankees suck” T-shirt?
    My old one is pretty ragged! 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:04 am
  • Crizilla wrote:Damn Chris Taylor could have been our center fielder.

He sucked here......
    The one that got away that killed me was Adam Jones. Stupid trade.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:15 am
  • I'm glad we got sergera through it but I thought we gave up on Taylor too soon. Funny how we let some of these quality players go like nothing but for some reason we just can't get rid of Zunino. Nope no way
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:17 am
  • Who would have thought Taylor would become the player he is today. From what I can remember, he struggled with the bat and in the field when he was with us.

Should be an interesting game or two in the ALCS. Can Houston win two in a row at home? Can the Yanks steal one on the road. Yanks are just better IMO, they have the deeper rotation, a much better bullpen, the better manager, and the Astros bats are cold. I'll root for Houston tonight just to see a game 7, after that I don't really care who wins.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:14 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Who would have thought Taylor would become the player he is today. From what I can remember, he struggled with the bat and in the field when he was with us.

Should be an interesting game or two in the ALCS. Can Houston win two in a row at home? Can the Yanks steal one on the road. Yanks are just better IMO, they have the deeper rotation, a much better bullpen, the better manager, and the Astros bats are cold. I'll root for Houston tonight just to see a game 7, after that I don't really care who wins.

Astros bats heated up tonight! 8)
    Hoping for an epic game 7 with Houston winning!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:32 pm
  • To quote their obnoxious announcer.......

Theeeeee Yankees LOSE!

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES LOSE! 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:06 pm
  • Go Astros.

Don’t really care much about BB but The City of Houston could use a World Series right about now.

1000s still displaced from Harvey.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:22 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Go Astros.

Don’t really care much about BB but The City of Houston could use a World Series right about now.

1000s still displaced from Harvey.

I'm good with it. Maybe it will cause big change in the Mariner organization. One can hope right?
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information