MLB Playoffs Thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Should be a fun postseason. Yanks look like they are going to move onto Cleveland. We would have lost easily to the Yanks had we made it.

I think Cleveland comes out the AL, and the NL is wide open. I think the Dbacks have a real shot of getting to the World Series. Nats and Dodgers always choke in the playoffs. Cubs have been here before but they don't have the best starting rotation.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
4 outstanding clubs in the playoffs this year.. and a couple more good ones. The Dodgers crushed the NL this season, while the Astros and Indians set a high mark in the AL.

I see Dodgers and Cleveland in the series. No team would surprise me though.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Can Clayton Kershaw get over his postseason woes??? Will Clevland follow up last seasons post season success? many good storylines here.

Threedee

Reaction score
Every season we lament the Mariners missing the playoffs, but, then I watch the postseason play of the contenders, and it just blows away the level of ability that I have observed from Seattle.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Guess we should have gone after Verlander.. thought he was toast.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Amazing comeback win by the Yanks today. There is something special about this team. Tomorrow almost seems like a must win for them as they probably have no chance of winning two in a row in Houston.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2zcyha9y said:
Amazing comeback win by the Yanks today. There is something special about this team. Tomorrow almost seems like a must win for them as they probably have no chance of winning two in a row in Houston.
$&@# the Yankees! 8)

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ds9cz70 said:
Hawk-Lock":2ds9cz70 said:
$&@# the Yankees! 8)

I honestly don't mind the Yanks that much. I know it is easy to hate them, but this team isn't built like the past teams where they simply bought players on a high payroll. Judge, Sanchez, Severino and more are all young guys that they either traded for when they were prospects or came up through the minors. The Mariners are probably built more like the past Yankee teams than this current Yankee team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":30sc2qja said:
Sports Hernia":30sc2qja said:
Hawk-Lock":30sc2qja said:
$&@# the Yankees! 8)

I honestly don't mind the Yanks that much. I know it is easy to hate them, but this team isn't built like the past teams where they simply bought players on a high payroll. Judge, Sanchez, Severino and more are all young guys that they either traded for when they were prospects or came up through the minors. The Mariners are probably built more like the past Yankee teams than this current Yankee team.
They bought that bullpen. Can't stand their fanbase in general (though there are some cool ones, see Lymon). I used to get in animated discussions when them during the early Safeco years. You could usually stop them in their tracks by asking "what part of New York are you from?" They usually respond with I'm not from NY I'm from West Seattle or Ballard, I just like them for the winning history. So the word "front runner" would come up and I'd get the "dead in the headlights" look back.

I'd then ask who their favorite basketball team was and most would say the Chicago Bulls (see Jordan era).

It hasn't been tough to be a Yankees fan the last 100 years.

The Yanks bought most of their championships like the *allas Cowboys did in the '90's.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":i37t05c8 said:
Hawk-Lock":i37t05c8 said:
Sports Hernia":i37t05c8 said:
Hawk-Lock":i37t05c8 said:
$&@# the Yankees! 8)

They bought that bullpen. Can't stand their fanbase in general (though there are some cool ones, see Lymon). I used to get in animated discussions when them during the early Safeco years. You could usually stop them in their tracks by asking "what part of New York are you from?" They usually respond with I'm not from NY I'm from West Seattle or Ballard, I just like them for the winning history. So the word "front runner" would come up and I'd get the "dead in the headlights" look back.

I'd then ask who their favorite basketball team was and most would say the Chicago Bulls (see Jordan era).

The Yanks bought most of their championships like the *allas Cowboys did in the '90's.

Dallas bought their 3rd. The Patriots bought their last 2. Loathe though I am to admit it, the '92-'93 Cowboys were built by fleecing the Vikings and shrewd drafting.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1y4v4pmg said:
Sports Hernia":1y4v4pmg said:
Hawk-Lock":1y4v4pmg said:
Sports Hernia":1y4v4pmg said:
$&@# the Yankees! 8)

Dallas bought their 3rd. The Patriots bought their last 2. Loathe though I am to admit it, the '92-'93 Cowboys were built by fleecing the Vikings and shrewd drafting.
What also helped *allas was no salary cap. Since the “salary cap era” *allas has had 22 years of tears and zero Lombardi’s.
Imagine If the team Paul Allen could assemble being the richest owner in the NFL without a salary cap.

Back to baseball, anyone know where I can get a “Yankees suck” T-shirt?
My old one is pretty ragged! 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Crizilla":2wy5qblr said:
Damn Chris Taylor could have been our center fielder.
He sucked here......
The one that got away that killed me was Adam Jones. Stupid trade.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'm glad we got sergera through it but I thought we gave up on Taylor too soon. Funny how we let some of these quality players go like nothing but for some reason we just can't get rid of Zunino. Nope no way

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Who would have thought Taylor would become the player he is today. From what I can remember, he struggled with the bat and in the field when he was with us.

Should be an interesting game or two in the ALCS. Can Houston win two in a row at home? Can the Yanks steal one on the road. Yanks are just better IMO, they have the deeper rotation, a much better bullpen, the better manager, and the Astros bats are cold. I'll root for Houston tonight just to see a game 7, after that I don't really care who wins.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1vu4hrit said:
Who would have thought Taylor would become the player he is today. From what I can remember, he struggled with the bat and in the field when he was with us.

Should be an interesting game or two in the ALCS. Can Houston win two in a row at home? Can the Yanks steal one on the road. Yanks are just better IMO, they have the deeper rotation, a much better bullpen, the better manager, and the Astros bats are cold. I'll root for Houston tonight just to see a game 7, after that I don't really care who wins.
Astros bats heated up tonight! 8)
Hoping for an epic game 7 with Houston winning!