Who calls the game best out of these three. (from best to wo

dopeboy206

Reaction score
They all call different sports but how would u rate....Kevin Calabro, Dave Niehaus, and Steve Raible. Who has the best voice and calls the game best at their respective sport. Can't go wrong with any of the three.

Mines from best to worse....
1. Kevin Calabro
2. Dave Niehaus
3. Steve Raible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I don't know, that's a though call for me between Calabro and Raible, but Niehaus no slouch either. I would probably say Calabro.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
City Of Reign":3bniydww said:
I don't know, that's a though call for me between Calabro and Raible, but Niehaus no slouch either. I would probably say Calabro.
Seattle as a city we are blessed to have come across great play by play sports commentators. I agree Niehaus isn't no slouch. He brings more excitement to the game of baseball than the national guys on ESPN or Fox.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Oh and Kevin Calabro with Marques Johnson were a match made in heaven.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":27yxqltm said:
Odd that you would put the voice of the Trailblazers in with those 2 Seattle icons.
Portland is KC’s SECOND CHOICE. 8)
..... and Wheels was here before as well. :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JSeahawks":49h0e37d said:
Odd that you would put the voice of the Trailblazers in with those 2 Seattle icons.

Calabro will always be a Sonic first, but the man's gotta feed his family.

Niehaus will always have a warm place in my heart, but the question is who calls the game best, so IMO it's not even close, it's Calabro. Dude's electric on the mic.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1zdks5yg said:
How is it odd? Calabro was calling Sonics games long before being the voice of the blazers.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2z5g6l4l said:
JSeahawks":2z5g6l4l said:
How is it odd? Calabro was calling Sonics games long before being the voice of the blazers.

I know, I was just messin with you a little bit. Even as a blazer fan I miss the Sonics, I miss the rivalry.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Colabro is my choice followed by Niehaus and then Raible.

Colabro is considered one of the best, pretty sure he still does the NBA Finals on the national radio broadcast. I honestly don't care that much for Raible. He is solid, probably somewhere in the middle of the pack in comparison with other teams local broadcasters.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":2pklcw6h said:
Pete Gross.

I'd definitely put Gross above Raible. It's too bad Gross didn't have a whole lot to get excited about over most of his career.

IrishNW

Reaction score
tier 1
Dave Niehaus
Kevin Calabro
in that order
tier 2
steve raible

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Kevin's voice is so iconic.
In 1995-96 I coached his son Nick in little league baseball.
Having him in the stands and st practice was weird. "Oh ali babba ".

I couldn't pick between them all. Pete Gross was pretty stellar as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Obviously the kiddies can't know that some of us have a level that even though very good the current selection doesn't meet standards set we have heard. Pete Gross, Bob Blackburn, Bob Rondeau and Keith Jackson. set a table that we have been fortunate enough to have had guys like Raible, Calabro, follow.

907Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":i0jyjg0i said:
Obviously the kiddies can't know that some of us have a level that even though very good the current selection doesn't meet standards set we have heard. Pete Gross, Bob Blackburn, Bob Rondeau and Keith Jackson. set a table that we have been fortunate enough to have had guys like Raible, Calabro, follow.

As great as Calabro is I was not happy to see Bob Blackburn replaced, he will always be the voice of the Sonics to me.

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":1in0l4tn said:

What I wouldn't give to hear "Whoa, Nellie!" on Saturday morning television again. Keith Jackson was awesome, and all class. For my money, he was the greatest national announcer ever. Period.