Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Husky basketball just whooped up on Kansas

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • That was a tough loss, to be fair Oregon State hit some ridiculous threes near the end. However I felt that Hop should have adjusted and taken away the pass to the middle of the zone. Either way we are still in contention for the NCAA tournament. I think Lunardi said regardless of the outcome last night he still had us as one of the last four teams in. We need to sweep the mountain schools this week. IT gets his jersey retired on Saturday against Colorado. With the crowd back at Hec Ed, it's going to be difficult for opposing teams to win on our court.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• It was great while it lasted....the Huskies look to be coming back to earth. Nowell has been terrible the past couple of games and Dickerson is a ghost after his big games against ASU and UA.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Good outing from the Huskies. It looked shaky in the first half (Green was the star of the 1st half) but they rolled them in the 2nd half. Matisse had a great game, Green, Nowell, and Dickerson were solid.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• I think we need to finish the season 3-1 to get in, and probably at least one win in the tournament. We should take care of business at Cal and at home against Oregon St. We need to steal one at Stanford or the season finale against Oregon. If we go 2-2 to finish out the season, I think we need at least two wins in the tourney.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Huskies need to win their last game of the season against Oregon tomorrow and might need one more in the Pac-12 tourney. A lot of this depends on upsets in the conference tourneys, hopefully chalk which keeps the bubbles open.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• The latest bracketology had ASU, USC and Louisville in, but not Washington. So dumb.

Louisville is like 1-4 or 1-5 against ranked teams. UW is 3-1 against ranked teams, including 2 top 10 wins. ASU has a similar resume to UW's, but UW won the head to head. Same thing with USC. UW won the head to head. I get it, UW has stumbled but it makes no sense to put ASU in over UW. There's no case for it at all. Louisville hasn't beaten ANYONE.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:The latest bracketology had ASU, USC and Louisville in, but not Washington. So dumb.

Louisville is like 1-4 or 1-5 against ranked teams. UW is 3-1 against ranked teams, including 2 top 10 wins. ASU has a similar resume to UW's, but UW won the head to head. Same thing with USC. UW won the head to head. I get it, UW has stumbled but it makes no sense to put ASU in over UW. There's no case for it at all. Louisville hasn't beaten ANYONE.

They are using a new criteria this season, quadrant 1-4 wins. Too bad they switched this year, because we probably would have faired better with the old system. It factors in home, away and neutral court. IMO I'm more impressed if the Hawks go on the road and beat a wildcard team than beating a top 3 team at home. This link explains it.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... mphasizing

The link below shows the resumes, we are 3-5 in quadrant 1.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/nitty-live
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Huskies need to win their last game of the season against Oregon tomorrow and might need one more in the Pac-12 tourney. A lot of this depends on upsets in the conference tourneys, hopefully chalk which keeps the bubbles open.

Looks like we’re both heading to the NIT unless they make a serious run in the Pac-12 tournament.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• :2thumbs: :0190l: :2thumbs:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• It got awfully quiet in this thread all of a sudden.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I thought those last 2 fouls on UW at the end were BS, but UW doesn't deserve the tourney now anyway. Went 3-6 since beating ARZ. Damn
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Overall this was a very good season for the Huskies. No one expected this team to get anywhere near a possible tourney appearance. They are clearly in good hands going forward. One thing that killed this team was the lack of a true PG to distribute the ball on offense. David Crisp is a SG and tried his best to fill the role but it's just not what he is. He'll be better in that role next year even though he'll never be a true PG IMO. The other thing is that I think Nowell just completely hit the wall at the end of the season. He was missing shots that he had no trouble with earlier on. He should come back and he will be much more prepared for a full college season than he was coming in this year.

If all the juniors on this team decide to come back and not test their NBA potential this could be a very good team next season.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Yeah I agree that there were some awful calls that went against UW in the final minute or two. Pac-12 refs man.

Nothing to be ashamed of, this team won 2 conference games last season, we just won 10 games. That's a great turnaround. Like the above poster mentioned, a lack of a true PG on this team really held them back. Nothing against Crisp, but he just isn't a PG, and definitely shouldn't be playing as many minutes as he does. Unfortunately he is really our only ball handler, and is forced to play the point because of a lack of depth at that position.

I'm not sure exactly what happened to the team down the stretch, but I think some of it was guys hitting the wall late in the season, especially Nowell. I also think the scouting report became obvious for this team. Particularly how to attack our zone defense and to double Dickerson when he gets the ball on the block.

I'm expecting a tournament appearance next season though. Arizona should fall to the bottom which will be nice. They will lose almost everyone who played significant minutes and all their recruits for next season have pulled away. UCLA and Oregon will probably be the two best teams next season, but it will likely be another down season for the conference.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:It got awfully quiet in this thread all of a sudden.

You're "that" guy..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Huskies and ducks both in the NIT. Washington is at Boise State on Wednesday, ducks host Rider.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Really wierd that ASU (8th in the pac 12) made the tourney and USC (2nd in the pac 12) didnt. They're in on the basis of beating Kansas. But UW also beat Kansas, and beat ASU head to head the only time they played, and finished two games above them in the standings. The Ducks swept the Sun Devils, and the Ducks are not a good basketball team this year.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:Really wierd that ASU (8th in the pac 12) made the tourney and USC (2nd in the pac 12) didnt. They're in on the basis of beating Kansas. But UW also beat Kansas, and beat ASU head to head the only time they played, and finished two games above them in the standings. The Ducks swept the Sun Devils, and the Ducks are not a good basketball team this year.

Apparently USC is under FBI investigation, so that may have played a role. They also didn't have any stand out wins. They played well in conference play, that's it. I think they put ASU in over UW, USC, and Oregon because ASU beat 2 number 1 seeds in the tourney. Head to head doesn't mean much in college basketball like it does in college football. I'm more pissed that Oklahoma got in and UW didn't.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:It got awfully quiet in this thread all of a sudden.

You're "that" guy..

Also, it's hilarious considering he's a Duck fan who started this thread.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• UW is actually hosing the NIT game because Boise can't host due to a scheduling conflict.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information