Seattle Sounders 2018 Season

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Hope we get another DP in, someone with a bit of quality. Probably need a LM and a back up RB.

I wonder if they trade Ozzy, they didn't protect him and he was pissed about it. Roldan, Svensson and Lodeiro have been playing there lately. I hope not as I love Ozzy but he's expensive and been hurt.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the mls season incredibly long!?!?! Didn't they just finish?

Maybe it's cause the soccer playoff is long or whatever but Seattle just played its last game in December. And the season starts up in March? Giving the players a whole 2.5 months off. Whats that 1 month after subtracting training camp?

ballhawks12

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1mat3gy3 said:
Is it just me or is the mls season incredibly long!?!?! Didn't they just finish?

Maybe it's cause the soccer playoff is long or whatever but Seattle just played its last game in December. And the season starts up in March? Giving the players a whole 2.5 months off. Whats that 1 month after subtracting training camp?

My buddy mentions season length every time his MLS Live sub renews lol. Most professional leagues (in the states) have what? minimum of 4 months downtime?

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
gowazzu02":av75mrdw said:

It's pretty typical for soccer. The EPL ends in mid-May and starts again in mid-August, and they don't have a playoff that extends the season.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sounders games will be on 950 kjr now. Hopefully that means they'll also play CCL or evening games that had previously been bumped for the Ron and Don show.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3dh6fsij said:
Sounders games will be on 950 kjr now. Hopefully that means they'll also play CCL or evening games that had previously been bumped for the Ron and Don show.

Hopefully that means KJR might actually talk about them, as opposed to treating the Sounders like a red headed stepchild.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36sdjn95 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":36sdjn95 said:

Hopefully that means KJR might actually talk about them, as opposed to treating the Sounders like a red headed stepchild.

Kiro had them and treated them like the red headed step child so I doubt it.

I remember Softy saying last year that at one point KJR had a sounders show with Arlo White at one point and the ratings took an absolute tanking and that's why there hasn't been once since or why they don't talk about them much as the non soccer people freak. To be fair most sports radio is all Seahawks now with some token cougs and huskies thrown in, even the Mariners are getting less time (which may change if they ever get better).

Will be interested to see who gets NHL rights come the time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":hnbtczeg said:
Sgt. Largent":hnbtczeg said:
Glasgow Seahawk":hnbtczeg said:

Kiro had them and treated them like the red headed step child so I doubt it.

I remember Softy saying last year that at one point KJR had a sounders show with Arlo White at one point and the ratings took an absolute tanking and that's why there hasn't been once since or why they don't talk about them much as the non soccer people freak. To be fair most sports radio is all Seahawks now with some token cougs and huskies thrown in, even the Mariners are getting less time (which may change if they ever get better).

Will be interested to see who gets NHL rights come the time.

And I get it, most sports radio fans tune in to hear about the Hawks or M's...............but it also has to do with the sports the radio hosts like.

There hasn't been a soccer or Sounder fan host since the Gasman left the radio 5-6 years ago. So if we're looking for reasons why we don't hear a lot of Sounders talk? Ratings takes a back seat to the fact that none of the hosts give a rat's ass about soccer, and in some cases they have downright hate for it.

But you'd think if KJR is carrying the games ON 24 hr sports station, they'd make a concerted effort to promote the Sounders with more airtime.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
You'd hope! Given the facts the Sounders get 40,000+ every other week it should be talked about more, especially more than the likes of college basketball (outwith March madness which is a big event).

The MLS product has to be talked up more, its getting better every year. Maybe too slow for some but looking at the DP's across the league its becoming less of a retirement home. The better the product gets, the more money that will come into the league. Some decent young players coming through too.

I still think there's too many casual soccer fans in the states who turn there noses up at it, the type who only claim to follow the national team/world cup, EPL (most likely Chelsea or City) or Barcelona because they've heard of Messi but have never watched their games.

Education is key. Have the casuals adopt a team and they will eventually become fans when you start experience the highs and the lows. It's like people outwith the US who don't get NFL or MLB and call it boring or that is too long/too many adverts. Mainly because they don't understand the rules or don't follow a team, so aren't invested.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Not a good start to 2018 last night. Sounders lose 2-1, and Jordan Morris goes down with a non-contact knee injury.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2hls017t said:
Not a good start to 2018 last night. Sounders lose 2-1, and Jordan Morris goes down with a non-contact knee injury.

Would have been a PK if it was on the other end.

Smurf

Reaction score
Not the start we wanted, but also not the worst imaginable.

We're missing a lot of quality right now due to Injury and lack of fitness.

Alonso, Dempsey, Torres, Rodriguez, Svensson, Leerdam...Missing Leerdam is the biggest of all of them to be out.

Wolff seems to be a good player. Good technically. He'll play in the band of 3 behind the striker. Not the fastest guy, but should mesh well with our players we have.

Look for the sounders to try and use a Diamond 442 this season.

Morris injury could put us in a bad spot.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Smurf":bt33ogdz said:

Alonso, Dempsey, Torres, Rodriguez, Svensson, Leerdam...Missing Leerdam is the biggest of all of them to be out.

Wolff seems to be a good player. Good technically. He'll play in the band of 3 behind the striker. Not the fastest guy, but should mesh well with our players we have.

Morris injured again? Not surprising, he's the "CJ Prosise" of soccer. Oft injured...

Smurf

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1cvty58d said:
Smurf":1cvty58d said:

Morris injured again? Not surprising, he's the "CJ Prosise" of soccer. Oft injured...

Non-contact knee injury in last nights game. Severity is unknown.