Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

NHL Seattle Hockey club

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: NHL Seattle Hockey club
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:49 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    seaky12 wrote:Considering the overwhelming interest for season tickets, I'm curious as to how many single game tickets will be reserved for the general public. I read on Reddit that Vegas had capped season tickets at 16k and reserved 1,500 for single game purchase, but I don't know how legit that is. I wouldn't think they would fill every seat with a season ticket holder, but who knows?

I think it'd go the same as Vegas, every sports franchise holds a small amount of single game seats whether the season tix are maxxed out or not.

Seahawks do it, it's just good fan relations.

Just noticed someone asked the question regarding single game tickets on the NHL Seattle facebook page. They stated they indeed would have some singles for gen pop and suggested that anyone interested in single games tickets should join the waitlist (which is free, obv). Good call.
    GO HAWKS!
    seaky12
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:51 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Also heard a great name suggestion from some guy on Kiro... The Seattle Sockeye's. I think that's pretty good. Starts with an "S" to go with Seattle, is a Northwest salmon, and "Sockeye" speaks to Hockey itself... I would approve of this name.

We see enough damn fish every time a sports media event happens here, Pike place market, Sockeye Salmon, born in a river swim out to sea eat like hell, swim back up the river, either lay eggs or squirt sperm on them, Fight like hell if you get one on line though.

Totems or Steelhead are my top two choices. I know Steelhead is still a fish, but at least it's a tough sounding fish.

Not crazy about Sockeye or Metropolitans.

Ooooo... I like Steelheads. "The Seattle SteelHeads". That is pretty baddass... I approve... That's my new #1 until I hear something better. Would require chrome helmets though... Which would also be baddass...

I wasn't overly fond of SteelHeads as a name but the thought of chrome helmets just changed the game.
    GO HAWKS!
    seaky12
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:04 pm
  • Chrome domes?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:33 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:The speed at which Seattle hit those numbers with deposits has certainly gotten a lot of attention here in Canada. I didn't realize that there would be that much interest even though I knew there was a pretty good following for the junior teams in that area (took me a while to get over that game 6 OT loss for my Pats vs Seattle last year).

Would make for a nice sports trip for those of us who have to travel to get to Hawks games to tie in a Sat night NHL game with a Sunday NFL game.

Seattle's a true metropolitan city full of people from all over the place that love hockey. It's also why soccer is so popular.

I also think there's a LOT of anger and resentment from affluent sports fans within a 50 mile radius over the Sonics leaving, so they were fired up and were ready to show the sports world how passionate they are for a winter sport.

Soccer has been Popular here since the 70's with the Original Sounders. On January 22, 1974, the team was christened Seattle Sounders.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:04 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:The speed at which Seattle hit those numbers with deposits has certainly gotten a lot of attention here in Canada. I didn't realize that there would be that much interest even though I knew there was a pretty good following for the junior teams in that area (took me a while to get over that game 6 OT loss for my Pats vs Seattle last year).

Would make for a nice sports trip for those of us who have to travel to get to Hawks games to tie in a Sat night NHL game with a Sunday NFL game.

Seattle's a true metropolitan city full of people from all over the place that love hockey. It's also why soccer is so popular.

I also think there's a LOT of anger and resentment from affluent sports fans within a 50 mile radius over the Sonics leaving, so they were fired up and were ready to show the sports world how passionate they are for a winter sport.

Soccer has been Popular here since the 70's with the Original Sounders. On January 22, 1974, the team was christened Seattle Sounders.

Went to many a Sounders game, and it was a lot more fun at the Memorial stadium than the Kingdome.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:56 pm
  • was reading an article from the oh-so-trusted media and it was saying most hockey fans in Seattle are newcomers to the city. I have a hard time believing that. LOTS and lots of hockey fans have been in the area for as long as i can remember.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:35 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:was reading an article from the oh-so-trusted media and it was saying most hockey fans in Seattle are newcomers to the city. I have a hard time believing that. LOTS and lots of hockey fans have been in the area for as long as i can remember.

Most of Seattle is new to the City, well it seems.. and a lot of them come from hockey towns so it's not surprising to me at all.

I"ve really, never have heard one Seattle native, or long time Seattlite, ever say, they wish there was hockey here.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:09 pm
  • We have had several Junior level teams in the areas for years that have been successful, there area a lot of new people in the area to be sure, not why it's popular, most are here because were a sanctuary state now and a hot bed for liberal expression and acceptance, add in the Business growth with Google, Amazon and other support, hardly the Blue Collar support Hockey fans typically are.

I will say it's new and the first of it's kind so money people are going top be all in because of the novelty, lets see in 5 years who is attending games.

Glad they are getting the seats sold however.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:48 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:was reading an article from the oh-so-trusted media and it was saying most hockey fans in Seattle are newcomers to the city. I have a hard time believing that. LOTS and lots of hockey fans have been in the area for as long as i can remember.

Most of Seattle is new to the City, well it seems.. and a lot of them come from hockey towns so it's not surprising to me at all.

I"ve really, never have heard one Seattle native, or long time Seattlite, ever say, they wish there was hockey here.

Yes you have, I’ve stated it here over and over. Born in Seattle, raised and lived just North of the city limits.
    I’ve wanted the NHL HERE most of my life. Got quite a few lifelong friends that were born and raised here that feel the same as I. We are here.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:28 am
  • I think we should be named the volcanos and a writer already trademarked sockeyes in a set of books about a seattle nhl team
    I like the eruptions as well but I can think of a few slangs for that one
    Yes 12 comes up an awful lot here
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:09 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I played soccer for years when I lived in Washington(70's-80's) and it was popular the whole time.
    I was a Sounders fan back then as well.
    When we moved to Indiana I had to end my soccer days as it did not start catching on till the late 80's.
    Hockey?I liked that in later years when the great one started playing and it grew on me.
    Had Seattle had a team back then,I would have been a fan.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:14 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

My parents were season ticket holders in the 70's, and I'm a season ticket holder now. I know the history very well.

That's my point, Seattle is one of the most affluent and metropolitan cities in the US, if not the world, full of a diverse population of sports fans. So I wasn't surprised at all with how crazy hockey fans went for the season tickets.

We're not some meathead closed minded one or two sport city.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:53 pm
  • seaky12 wrote:This is floating around and pretty impressive. The guy behind it done an awesome job!
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/6261542 ... and-Design

Nothing will make that name not boring and unintimidating. In the words of Kylo Ren, let the past die.
    "WHOA, NELLIE!"

RIP Keith Jackson, 1928-2018
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:08 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    seaky12 wrote:This is floating around and pretty impressive. The guy behind it done an awesome job!

Nothing will make that name not boring and unintimidating. In the words of Kylo Ren, let the past die.

Agreed on that. Metropolitans (and variations of that) are pretty bland and not as sexy as Kraken and so forth. However, the amount of thought and effort that went into that Metros rendering is something else. It's a job well done and the designer definitely has some talent

Also, kudos to you for the Star Wars quote. :2thumbs:
    GO HAWKS!
    seaky12
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:50 pm
  • seaky12 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    seaky12 wrote:This is floating around and pretty impressive. The guy behind it done an awesome job!

Agreed on that. Metropolitans (and variations of that) are pretty bland and not as sexy as Kraken and so forth. However, the amount of thought and effort that went into that Metros rendering is something else. It's a job well done and the designer definitely has some talent

Also, kudos to you for the Star Wars quote. :2thumbs:

Just to make it clear, I had no intent to tear down his work, the designs were quality. I just think Metropolitans is a terrible name that is neither unique enough for nor emblematic enough of either the city of Seattle or the Pacific Northwest as a whole.
    "WHOA, NELLIE!"

RIP Keith Jackson, 1928-2018
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:43 pm
  • I think the Pilots would be a good hockey name.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:41 pm
  • Not sold on the name but I like the logo with the space needle and the color scheme is decent.
    The guy did an awesome job overall IMHO.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:38 am
  • seaky12 wrote:This is floating around and pretty impressive. The guy behind it done an awesome job!

While Metropolitans has not been my favorite team name prospect, I am warming up to it, and Justin Cox did a phenomenal job with his design proposal. One thing I like in particular is that the blue, "Coastal Blue," is conservative so we don't have the dual bold-green-bold-blue thing like the Thunderbirds have. Justin's color pallet is thoughtful and ready to brand an NHL club.

The Aviators logo someone did a while back also looked pretty good.

I used to think Ryan Muraro's Sockeyes design concept was great, but looking at it now, it is a bit garish.
    Maulbert wrote:Image
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:43 am
  • That guy put a lot of work into that, its impressive. I hope he got a good grade! :2thumbs:

For me it's a little overboard on the green, that's a lot of green. And obviously I hate that name.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:22 pm
  • I hate that the women took a perfect hockey name.."The Storm"
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:50 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:I hate that the women took a perfect hockey name.."The Storm"

Good for them for snagging a great name! And 2 other great names that are already taken too.

Reign, and Thunderbird's. :?
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:25 pm
  • Tsunami is still available but you would have everyone spelling it wrong and have to give them a dictionary to know what it is............

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:29 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I hate that the women took a perfect hockey name.."The Storm"

Good for them for snagging a great name! And 2 other great names that are already taken too.

Reign, and Thunderbird's. :?

Really not many great names at all available..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:54 am
  • How about the Trident?

I know the Mariners already use the trident logo, but I think it would be cool to go with kind of a Poseiden, god of the sea, theme. Maybe Poseiden holding a giant trident up that becomes the letter I in the name?
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:14 am
  • Breakers
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:37 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:Breakers

That was Portland's old name in the USFL.

Not a bad name, but we couldn't endure the next 50 years of Portland pukes saying we stole their name.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:09 am

Hhhhmmmm.... not bad

twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:46 am
  • Seattle Kraken
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:58 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Seattle Kraken

That's my favorite.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:08 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Breakers

Hhhhmmmm.... not bad

Every time I hear the Breakers name floated around, I think about the Omaha Ice Breakers from Slap Shot 2. I doesn’t sit well with me.
    I am having a hard time not loathing just about every name I have heard thrown out so far. The Metropolitans most of all, it is a huge yawn for me. Which is a shame, since I am usually a fan of historical things.

I also don’t think that we will be able to have blue, and green, as our color scheme, since the Canucks already have it. I think it might end up being purple, and yellow, as there is not currently a team using those colors. They were last used by the LA Kings.
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:13 am
  • Orange and blue, green and orange or a burnt red color.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:18 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:

That was Portland's old name in the USFL.

Not a bad name, but we couldn't endure the next 50 years of Portland pukes saying we stole their name.

Could give a rats behind what Portlandia thinks,
    It's a perfect hockey name, far away from the usual bunch of crappy themed names that are out there and.. it's instant classic, timeless and it just sounds good.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:05 am
  • tacomahawk wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:

Hhhhmmmm.... not bad

Every time I hear the Breakers name floated around, I think about the Omaha Ice Breakers from Slap Shot 2. I doesn’t sit well with me.
    I am having a hard time not loathing just about every name I have heard thrown out so far. The Metropolitans most of all, it is a huge yawn for me. Which is a shame, since I am usually a fan of historical things.

I also don’t think that we will be able to have blue, and green, as our color scheme, since the Canucks already have it. I think it might end up being purple, and yellow, as there is not currently a team using those colors. They were last used by the LA Kings.

I dont think I ever saw Slap Shot 2, buy hey the name from Slap Shot 2 ain't that bad. Could be worse, the team could be named after a kids Disney movie about a team named the mighty ducks!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And regarding Portland using the name Breakers before..... eh. Who cares what anyone from Portland thinks. :Dunno:
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:16 am
  • I still really like the Aviators and the different concepts. Especially since it draws on Seattle area history.

That logo is just really cool and the color scheme is good overall but I would like to tweak the colors still a bit to more resemble this alternative logo here:

DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:28 am
  • DJrmb wrote:I still really like the Aviators and the different concepts. Especially since it draws on Seattle area history.

That logo is just really cool and the color scheme is good overall but I would like to tweak the colors still a bit to more resemble this alternative logo here:

I like it too.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:33 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:I still really like the Aviators and the different concepts. Especially since it draws on Seattle area history.

I like it too.

Its a cool name. :2thumbs:
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:12 pm
  • Something I haven't seen yet mentioned is the "Seattle Destroyers".

Maybe it's too aggressive for Seattle fans and not seen as PC in this day and age? It would be a cool name though to reflect back to the 50+ Destroyer class Battleships built in Seattle during WW2 helping to elevate the US naval fleet to the most powerful in the world. Still to this day this area remains one of the most important US naval areas, protecting America's (and possibly the worlds) largest stockpile of nuclear weapons (in Hood Canal).

A team that honors the Seattle area maritime and naval history would be really cool for the area.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:18 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Orange and blue, green and orange or a burnt red color.

Already in use by both the Oilers and the Islanders, otherwise I'd be a fan.
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:41 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:Something I haven't seen yet mentioned is the "Seattle Destroyers".

Maybe it's too aggressive for Seattle fans and not seen as PC in this day and age? It would be a cool name though to reflect back to the 50+ Destroyer class Battleships built in Seattle during WW2 helping to elevate the US naval fleet to the most powerful in the world. Still to this day this area remains one of the most important US naval areas, protecting America's (and possibly the worlds) largest stockpile of nuclear weapons (in Hood Canal).

A team that honors the Seattle area maritime and naval history would be really cool for the area.

Great logo potential there too.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:10 pm
  • Got my priority number in my email today. Higher than I was hoping for (thanks Ticketmaster) but looks like I should be able to get tickets for sure. It would be nice if the NHL officially announce, so we can get a name in place.
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 pm
  • Thought of the destroyers, but, yeah, pretty aggressive,'
    but.. on the Navy theme..

How about the

Growlers..
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Anyone remember the TV show Coach ? The Orlando Breakers were the NFL expansion team Coach Fox was coaching when the series ended I believe.

Brett
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
  • Chris Hansen bought more land at SODO.

Wonder what the plan is there? Would be an expensive FU to the port.

Hansen would need a big financial backer too, unless Ballmer is moving home and bringing the Clippers with him.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:39 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Thought of the destroyers, but, yeah, pretty aggressive,'
    but.. on the Navy theme..

How about the

Growlers..

When I here Growlers I think beer haha. However that's not a bad thing! I actually kind of like Growlers. Especially with the great Seattle beer scene!

I also thought of the Seattle Admirals which would pay tribute to the rich naval history here and be less aggressive and more PC for people that care about that sort of thing...

Maybe the historic Admiral theater on Admiral way in West Seattle could show games of the Seattle Admirals on the big screen too! :irishdrinkers:
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:15 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Chris Hansen bought more land at SODO.

Wonder what the plan is there? Would be an expensive FU to the port.

Hansen would need a big financial backer too, unless Ballmer is moving home and bringing the Clippers with him.

First SODO then Seattle, I will get my arena if I have to buy the whole City!!!!!

:)

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:40 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:Something I haven't seen yet mentioned is the "Seattle Destroyers".

Not bad at all..I like it
    We could use the military for a few names, Ft.Lewis is around and the navy..
    My dad was in the artillery@Ft.Lewis so how does the "Seattle Barrage" sound?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:59 pm
  • Well if your going all Military how about the Seattle Bangers :)

It's where the Submarine Races are :)

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:19 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Well if your going all Military how about the Seattle Bangers :)

It's where the Submarine Races are :)

Or.. Bombers or Bombadiers
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:20 pm
  • Im telling you guys, Trident, so many cool logo possibilities.

XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information