NHL Seattle Hockey club

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Can't wait, what happens when the ball starts to roll?

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3bp4z8xu said:
Bobblehead":3bp4z8xu said:

FYI, it’s a PUCK not a ball. :sarcasm_off:

:) My first lesson in hockey. thank you for the one-timer..?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":5cv65w5l said:
ZorntoLargent":5cv65w5l said:
Bobblehead":5cv65w5l said:

FYI, it’s a PUCK not a ball. :sarcasm_off:

:) My first lesson in hockey. thank you for the one-timer..?
Go over to SonicsRising.com, they have a blog that is on going that goes over hockey rules. They do a good job at breaking down things.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Is it official?

Also, watch rivalry Wednesdays on NBCSN...

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Just wondering what happens once, we are awarded..
We get expansion draft?
Minor league affiliates.
etc
etc.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":611c3kbw said:
Is it official?

It’s not official, but probably as close as it gets. It’s all contingent on key arena being remodeled. The NHL wants to be here BAD.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3k9dl5ds said:
Just wondering what happens once, we are awarded..
We get expansion draft?
Minor league affiliates.
etc
etc.
Not sure the order of things or how the expansion draft works.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1iiwaetz said:
Uncle Si":1iiwaetz said:
Is it official?

It’s not official, but probably as close as it gets. It’s all contingent on key arena being remodeled. The NHL wants to be here BAD.

Yup. Seattle is a hungry market that would balance the conferences, which is the reason the NHL awarded Vegas and ignored Quebec City. I think QC would have better luck relocating a struggling eastern franchise like Winnipeg did than hoping for expansion.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
You guys will be very disappointed with the NHL product but then maybe you get your basketball team back eventually....

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Cyrus12":276knlzd said:
You guys will be very disappointed with the NHL product but then maybe you get your basketball team back eventually....

why?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
No chance that the hockey fans who have waited a lifetime for the NHL will be disappointed. With the instant west coast rivalry’s the arena will be sold out before the season starts. I know I will be ready to purchase my season tickets as soon as they make them available. Just hope they go with a legit name, I’m hoping for the Metropolitans.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1ezjdhcc said:
Cyrus12":1ezjdhcc said:

why?

Pucks don't bounce LIKE A BASKETBALL?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Bobblehead":20ho94rk said:
Cyrus12":20ho94rk said:

why?
Seahawks fans don't like low scoring games. They rarely go as high as 10-9......or 6-6 :irishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":u3i52uhh said:
Nope, having a team beats not having a team.
The NHL is going to be HUGE here.

IMHO the NBA product has been piss poor over the last 30 years, I personally don’t miss it much, other than having a sports space filler between Hawks and Mariners.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Palmegranite":3tm30roi said:
Bobblehead":3tm30roi said:
Cyrus12":3tm30roi said:

why?
Seahawks fans don't like low scoring games. They rarely go as high as 10-9......or 6-6 :irishdrinkers:
10-9 is a ton of scoring. Could you imagine if two NFL teams scored 10 times and 9 times? That's 70 to 63 if it was touchdowns. At minimum if it was all field goals that's a 30 point game hardly "low scoring".

Scoring doesn't have to "look" big on the scoreboard to make people more excited in my opinion. If all the sudden they decided each goal in soccer was to count as 50 points would that mean it's more exciting then it was before because scores would be like 100 to 0 or 150 to 50? Of course not. Anyway, I think there is plenty of scoring in a hockey match to keep fans interested that want to see lots of scoring. The Seahawks averaged 22.9 points per game which means about 3 Scores per game. 3 Scores in a hockey game is doable, no?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":m6hcroxa said:
Cyrus12":m6hcroxa said:
Nope, having a team beats not having a team.
The NHL is going to be HUGE here.

IMHO the NBA product has been piss poor over the last 30 years, I personally don’t miss it much, other than having a sports space filler between Hawks and Mariners.

I agree, the NBA product is pretty poor, with really only 2 teams that have any significant shot at the title. I mean why waste our time why not just go straight to GS Cleveland part 4.......

Hockey, Im very excited for, It's a dirty secret of mine every year around June. I get sucked into the playoffs. I love the game. Honestly I hardly ever watch regular season hockey so interested to see that when we get a team.

As for the expansion draft. They really set it up for Vegas to be successful out of the gate with the rules around players that teams could keep.

Cant wait.

Although I will say I wont go to very many games because getting in and out of key arena is a nightmare....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1cwt336v said:
Hockey, Im very excited for, It's a dirty secret of mine every year around June. I get sucked into the playoffs. I love the game. Honestly I hardly ever watch regular season hockey so interested to see that when we get a team. ...

NHL playoff hockey is incredible, probably the best playoff intensity and excitement sport of all the major sports.

Can't even imagine if we got a team how awesome the playoffs would be.

btw, anyone who isn't excited for the NHL?................all I ask is for them to see a match in person, it's a great spectator sport.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Quick question- so the potential owners received expansion paper work but the league haven't heard back from the owners yet. How long does it usually take to file this stuff?

Probably no big deal but after the failed Kings relocation and no one bidding for an NHL expansion franchise last time it opened up i'm always a bit nervous. It's also no small chunk of change.

Brett

Reaction score
Been waiting for this since the mid 90's when we lost the Tacoma Rockets to Kelowna. Can not happen fast enough IMO.