Floating: Steph Curry, Tom Brady, Fitness Trend

ivotuk

Reaction score
What Is Floating? Inside the Fitness Trend That Steph Curry and Joe Rogan Swear By
Celebrities love it. Trainers swear by it. But are sensory deprivation tanks actually legit?

Floating takes place in a light-proof, soundproof tank, also known as a “float tank” or a “sensory deprivation chamber”...

...with some of the world’s strongest athletes swearing that regular float sessions are key to everything from decreased muscle soreness and anxiety to a noticeable performance boost during workouts.

Steph Curry, for instance, recently floated in a commercial for Kaiser Permanente

New England Patriots have used float tanks as part of their pre-Super Bowl conditioning (Tom Brady is a particularly big fan).

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/sens ... tion-tanks

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd hardly call sensory deprivation tanks a "trend" or new thing, they've been around since the 50's. Behavioral scientists, the government, NASA even used them for astronauts to simulate weightlessness and absence of light and sound.

So sure, if a rich athlete wants to spend $1,000 a session in a fancy deprivation floating pod at some spa? I'm sure it is beneficial in a lot of ways.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":maz8o7no said:
I'd hardly call sensory deprivation tanks a "trend" or new thing, they've been around since the 50's. Behavioral scientists, the government, NASA even used them for astronauts to simulate weightlessness and absence of light and sound.

So sure, if a rich athlete wants to spend $1,000 a session in a fancy deprivation floating pod at some spa? I'm sure it is beneficial in a lot of ways.

It's not that expensive. There's a ton of places around Seattle where you can partake for $50-$75 per session.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3bb81oyl said:
Sgt. Largent":3bb81oyl said:

It's not that expensive. There's a ton of places around Seattle where you can partake for $50-$75 per session.

I guarantee you Tom Brady and Steph Curry are paying more than $50 a session.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I float something pretty much every morning. I usually feel better afterward.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
My wife showed this to me and I told her that we have a swimming pool and live on five acres and it is already paid for. Go out there and float at night.