Rangers trade Russell Wilson rights to Yankees

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
As a Met fan, I completely disapprove of Russ joining the original evil empire

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Thank goodness it was baseball instead of football.

es, a friend texted me this morning and told me Russell Wilson had been traded and I thought, "Dang, the Seahawks are really doing a complete makeover" Sat there for 2 hours wondering what they got in exchange before I could get to the internet and find out it was baseball.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I bet they offer him number 3. I checked and no one on the roster is using it currently

:twisted:

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":13u11m1b said:
I bet they offer him number 3. I checked and no one on the roster is using it currently

I'll assume that's sarcasm.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2mfrinoo said:
Hawk Finn":2mfrinoo said:

LOL.. we there isn't anyone..It would be monumental to say the least.

BTW.. why wasn't he traded to the M's?

original poster

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3ccqh0k8 said:
MD5eahawks":3ccqh0k8 said:
Hawk Finn":3ccqh0k8 said:

Think he always said to his dad he'd play for the Yankees one day.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Bobblehead":24zsm9e0 said:
MD5eahawks":24zsm9e0 said:
Hawk Finn":24zsm9e0 said:

Maybe he was asked what team. We all know he isn't going to play. It's just a honorary token transaction. Both the Yankees and Russ will benefit from it. Russ gets to show up at Spring Training camp and get a lot of press from the New York media and the Yankees will have the best QB in New York since YA Tittle. ;)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":hbwnxcxy said:
Bobblehead":hbwnxcxy said:
MD5eahawks":hbwnxcxy said:
Hawk Finn":hbwnxcxy said:

Maybe he was asked what team. We all know he isn't going to play. It's just a honorary token transaction. Both the Yankees and Russ will benefit from it. Russ gets to show up at Spring Training camp and get a lot of press from the New York media and the Yankees will have the best QB in New York since YA Tittle. ;)

Isn't Wilson's contract about up?.. seems there are two teams in NY who need a QB.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3698dq0o said:
Isn't Wilson's contract about up?.. seems there are two teams in NY who need a QB.

He has 2 years left on his current deal and the odds of him going anywhere are slim to none.

getnasty

Reaction score
Maybe I just hate the Yankees but I feel like Russ needs to focus more on football and give up the rest of these distractions. Yes I know he was great last year but could he be better if he didn't have all of this other stuff going on?

chris98251

Reaction score
kidhawk":idzvp9pf said:
Bobblehead":idzvp9pf said:

He has 2 years left on his current deal and the odds of him going anywhere are slim to none.

Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees in San Diego, nobody is untouchable.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":3qvj50rf said:
Maybe I just hate the Yankees but I feel like Russ needs to focus more on football and give up the rest of these distractions. Yes I know he was great last year but could he be better if he didn't have all of this other stuff going on?
Russ has no control over his baseball rights getting traded, but I’m assuming you knew that.

JGreen79

Reaction score
getnasty":7cowdl5t said:

I'd guess probably about 95%+ of the players in the league are doing less to prepare for next season during the time he's at spring training. As a Yankees fan I find this pretty cool. As a Seahawks fan I just hope he doesn't end up getting hurt somehow.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JGreen79":3s65vw5o said:
getnasty":3s65vw5o said:

I'd guess probably about 95%+ of the players in the league are doing less to prepare for next season during the time he's at spring training. As a Yankees fan I find this pretty cool. As a Seahawks fan I just hope he doesn't end up getting hurt somehow.
If this were the smack shack I’d tell you what I think about your Yankees. 8)

Crizilla

Reaction score
I would hate it but I would root for Russ if he ever played big league with the yanks

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Came for the bait and switch, left disappointed.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":140xov6j said:
kidhawk":140xov6j said:
Bobblehead":140xov6j said:

Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees in San Diego, nobody is untouchable.

I didn't say untouchable, I said slim to none. Out of that list you made, Smith and Brees both had young quarterbacks groomed to take their place, and Cutler retired. Unless you really think we have a qb on our roster ready to be a franchise quarterback, the odds of Wilson leaving are (as I said before) slim to none.