Tiger Tiger Woods y’all

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Leading the Valspar champions tourney at -5. Id love to see him return to contention in some Majors this year. Makes golf way more interesting.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He is starting to look like the Tiger of old..Amazing what a good back will do
On another note-Speith and Mac missed the cut..
Speith has missed the cut 19 times in the PGA...Tiger has missed 17
Think about that for a second.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":1d1tthkp said:
71 foot putt at the bayhill
That was awesome..Golf isn't the same without Tiger in it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
And I think he is getting ready for the Masters. He is closer to ready than the last couple years.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Golf is golf regardless.

Tiger may be competitive, but will never be dominant again. which begs the question "why is a competitive but relatively average Tiger Woods interesting at all?"

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":33ahy5qk said:
Golf is golf regardless.

Tiger may be competitive, but will never be dominant again. which begs the question "why is a competitive but relatively average Tiger Woods interesting at all?"

I think it is the magic that he displayed in years past. Most golfers dream of the times they used to play good to great golf. Just as Tiger is now, Phil is now, and a whole host of seniors on the Champions tour. Dave Duvall, Hale Irwin, Colin Monty, and a slew of others that were starting when I was still in my mid 20s. Makes for great stories and the next generation will make for great story lines too as they emerge into the limelight.

Freddy is still a favorite.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3531jivy said:
Uncle Si":3531jivy said:
Golf is golf regardless.

I think it is the magic that he displayed in years past. Most golfers dream of the times they used to play good to great golf. Just as Tiger is now, Phil is now, and a whole host of seniors on the Champions tour. Dave Duvall, Hale Irwin, Colin Monty, and a slew of others that were starting when I was still in my mid 20s. Makes for great stories and the next generation will make for great story lines too as they emerge into the limelight.

But that's different then making for a legitimately entertaining tournament.

As "fun" as it may to see Tiger teeing off on Sunday near the top, it's not the same as watching him bust out the red polo and plow ahead while everyone else withered.

Nothing against Tiger. Just has a very "Jordan with the Wizards" feel

fenderbender123

Reaction score
IMO, golfers should be able to be keep getting better at golf throughout their 40s. But most decline. My best golf days are ahead of me, I know that for sure.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1le2iwhm said:
Seahawkfan80":1le2iwhm said:
Uncle Si":1le2iwhm said:
Golf is golf regardless.

But that's different then making for a legitimately entertaining tournament.

As "fun" as it may to see Tiger teeing off on Sunday near the top, it's not the same as watching him bust out the red polo and plow ahead while everyone else withered.

Nothing against Tiger. Just has a very "Jordan with the Wizards" feel

I feel everyone else has caught up to him. He had a back issue due to his style of play. I had somewhat the same issue due to my style of work. Twist Pinch and sciatica serious. Him trying to make it back and getting close to contention makes him a bit more fun to watch. Maybe other guys out there have the same hopes and dreams in the amateur world. Who knows?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1wnqyqvg said:
IMO, golfers should be able to be keep getting better at golf throughout their 40s. But most decline. My best golf days are ahead of me, I know that for sure.

I had to stop playing for a few years after my retirement from my job. I was unable to swing a club nor was I able to afford too much as things changed rapidly. 3 years ago, I got a practice net and easily could have broken the 15 handicap realm. I was feeling actually confident in my swing and able to put the ball where I wanted it on the green. Late that year, up camping I fell downhill on my shoulder. I tore the rotator cuff. It is still tore. I do not know if I can play yet. The other day my wrist to elbows hurt so much as I practiced swinging my wedge, that my shoulder did not feel a thing. I think those muscles are just either water depleted or too cold and tightening up. Could be both. I do not know what is gonna happen in the future yet..but 3 years ago was low 50s for me. Definitely no more hard work for me. I shall be using tools that can make the work easier.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Man, I'm really scared to hit that point.

I *live* to improve. When I'm not getting better at things, getting stronger etc....I fall apart really fast and mentally spiral downward very quickly into a deep, dark depression. It's always all or nothing with me. Always has been.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2d8ojrhy said:

I *live* to improve. When I'm not getting better at things, getting stronger etc....I fall apart really fast and mentally spiral downward very quickly into a deep, dark depression. It's always all or nothing with me. Always has been.

Wierd because I feel like your posting skills peaked in about 2013. Havnt seen much improvement in you since then.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1l5n0e54 said:
Golf is golf regardless.

Wasn't Nicklaus interesting in 1986 when he won his last Major at age 46?

Golf's always more interesting when the big names are in contention.............and even though Tiger hasn't be great in a long time, or even good, it always makes a tournament more exciting to watch when he's on the leaderboard.

I'm not a fan of him personally, but I love golf, and like it or not, Tiger's good for golf.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":xvha8jty said:
fenderbender123":xvha8jty said:

Wierd because I feel like your posting skills peaked in about 2013. Havnt seen much improvement in you since then.

in 2013, 99% of my posts were about a certain topic that is now off-limits. You're saying you liked my PWR posts? I appreciate it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2djbfczm said:
Uncle Si":2djbfczm said:
Golf is golf regardless.

Golf's always more interesting when the big names are in contention.............and even though Tiger hasn't be great in a long time, or even good, it always makes a tournament more exciting to watch when he's on the leaderboard.

I'm not a fan of him personally, but I love golf, and like it or not, Tiger's good for golf.

Interesting?

Not really. I mean it was exciting. A one off walk into the sunset.

That’s not what people are hoping for. Tigers allure is the sense of drama his potential dominance brings. But those days are gone.

He will just be an average golfer who might surprise. I’d rather see Spieth become dominant.. or a handful of guys develop a rivalry.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3fe3ncvl said:
Sgt. Largent":3fe3ncvl said:
Uncle Si":3fe3ncvl said:
Golf is golf regardless.

Interesting?

That’s not what people are hoping for. Tigers allure is the sense of drama his potential dominance brings. But those days are gone.

He will just be an average golfer who might surprise. I’d rather see Spieth become dominant.. or a handful of guys develop a rivalry.
Si...Average?Lmao..
The guy 7 months ago couldn't even swing a club and since has come back and finished
23,cut,12,5 and 5..
Those were tough courses and a lot of big names he finished ahead of.
When he gets his driving accuracy improved,I don't think he will be stopped.
The only thing that has stopped him is himself or health which for over 5 yrs it has.
The things he has done to this point is far from average.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3e7lsoci said:
Sgt. Largent":3e7lsoci said:
Uncle Si":3e7lsoci said:
Golf is golf regardless.

Interesting?

And that's OK, like I said Tiger in contention is still fun to watch.

Just like when Tom Watson was in contention at the British, or Fred Couples when he jumped up into contention a couple times at the Masters a couple years ago.

There isn't some golf spectating law Si that says we can only be interested in the top 10 golfers. Tiger Woods next to Nicklaus is the best golfer in the history of the sport...........of course golf fans are going to be excited and interested if he's playing well and on the leaderboard.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16rimeus said:
Uncle Si":16rimeus said:
Sgt. Largent":16rimeus said:
Uncle Si":16rimeus said:
Golf is golf regardless.

Interesting?

And that's OK, like I said Tiger in contention is still fun to watch.

Just like when Tom Watson was in contention at the British, or Fred Couples when he jumped up into contention a couple times at the Masters a couple years ago.

There isn't some golf spectating law Si that says we can only be interested in the top 10 golfers. Tiger Woods next to Nicklaus is the best golfer in the history of the sport...........of course golf fans are going to be excited and interested if he's playing well and on the leaderboard.

Jesus... i swear you and i are married some times

My point is that the draw of Tiger is the idea of his return too dominance. Maybe not for you.. but in general.

Right now he is 6-1 to win (WIN!) the Masters. Best odds in the field. That says how desperate people are to see him get back to Tiger of old. That's the "interest." Vegas knows it and is taking advantage. Thats my point. He's not played well at all. Yet, he hasn't sucked and the idea he might be the Tiger of old is drawing a bunch of attention.

You can take the high road on it. Thats fine. Crowds will be larger and more people will turn in. I'll watch the Masters this year regardless. I'll be more entertained if he's in contention. I just dont think its all that "interesting" until he starts winning tournamentS (as in plural).

Until then, he's just an (above?) average golfer in the field.