Virginia vs. UMBC

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That was awesome. This is why no sporting event is better than this tourney.

I think it is the biggest upset in college basketball history, and possibly in all of sports.

UVA only has one style of play, and they just weren't built to come from behind. Kentucky has to be feeling great, they have a nice path in the bracket.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Incredible, turned into a blowout. I wish it was some other team than Virginia. Like Duke or UNC. I have always really liked Tony Bennet.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2w7nmweo said:

I think it is the biggest upset in college basketball history, and possibly in all of sports.

UVA only has one style of play, and they just weren't built to come from behind. Kentucky has to be feeling great, they have a nice path in the bracket.
Agreed on all points. I love love love march madness.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1z84uojo said:
Incredible, turned into a blowout. I wish it was some other team than Virginia. Like Duke or UNC. I have always really liked Tony Bennet.

He went full blown Coog tonight. I like him too, unfortunate it happened to him and that program.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2iqtbmkg said:

its arguably the biggest upset in the NCAA tourney but in all of sports? lolz no

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crizilla":eywj7jho said:
Hawk-Lock":eywj7jho said:

its arguably the biggest upset in the NCAA tourney but in all of sports? lolz no

It depends on how you define the greatest upset. Today's upset is definitely up there on the list. The likely answer is Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson. Also got the miracle on ice. Appalachian State beating Michigan, but that was a preseason game. Giants beating the undefeated Pats was big because it was the SB, but the odds on them probably aren't comparable to the other examples.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1co0tmmg said:
Crizilla":1co0tmmg said:
Hawk-Lock":1co0tmmg said:

It depends on how you define the greatest upset. Today's upset is definitely up there on the list. The likely answer is Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson. Also got the miracle on ice. Appalachian State beating Michigan, but that was a preseason game. Giants beating the undefeated Pats was big because it was the SB, but the odds on them probably aren't comparable to the other examples.
The Miracle on ice is the biggest..You had a team of true non pro players that beat a team of
pros..That just doesn't happen but it did that day.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":yzw3gleo said:
Crizilla":yzw3gleo said:
Hawk-Lock":yzw3gleo said:

App State beating Michigan was the first game of the reg season....nobody would have really cared about the upset if it was preseason

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crizilla":qknnepnn said:
Hawk-Lock":qknnepnn said:
Crizilla":qknnepnn said:
Hawk-Lock":qknnepnn said:

App State beating Michigan was the first game of the reg season....nobody would have really cared about the upset if it was preseason

Obviously there are not preseason cfb games, but tonight's game was bigger than an opening day college football game. I'm pretty sure App State won the fcs championship that season and te one before.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Reminds me of when the #8 seed Dikembe Mutombo-led Nuggets beat our #1 seed SuperSonics.

Too soon?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
How many times in a row had a 16 seed list to a 1? Like 140?

If it’s not the biggest upset in sports it’s in the top 3

sdog1981

Reaction score
Harvard beat Standford as a 16 seed in 1998 so this has happened before.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
sdog1981":9drdeeyt said:
Harvard beat Standford as a 16 seed in 1998 so this has happened before.

Yeah in the women's tourney.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Madrid Hawk":shacdo1a said:
Reminds me of when the #8 seed Dikembe Mutombo-led Nuggets beat our #1 seed SuperSonics.

Too soon?

You shut up.