Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I think Pax is turning into the new Felix, in a bad way. He would have 2 or 3 more wins this year if he'd had more run support. That was kind of an ugly way to finish what was a gem from Pax.

:34853_doh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Ugly, ugly loss.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Absolutely pathetic to see the bullpen blow that epic performance from Paxton. In addition, the Offense leaving a ridiculous amount of guys on base didn't help.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Using up Heredia as a PR instead of saving him to PH Ichiro was poor management.

Bad spot for Diaz to give up hist 1st HR but it was bound to happen.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Makes sense why they didnt ph for him there.

It sucks watching father time win.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Long time coming. Glad he has a spot with the team somewhere, but I'm glad he's off the field. He's been a bit of a liability. :229031_shrug:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I thought Ichiro didn’t really speak English.. how can he be in the front office?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Half the time the FO doesn't know what they're talking about anyway.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Sports Hernia wrote:Don’t see what SS sees in Nicasio. Games like this is why I hate pitch limits for MLB pitchers, especially if they are dealing.

Yeah, me neither. Nicasio just isn't impressive. It sucks that Jerry signed him to a big contract. I feel like if a starter is mowing em down like Pax was last night, you have to ride them. No excuses for what Servais pulled last night.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• I'm on the fence about pulling Paxton. If he was at 90 something pitches then definitely put him out there in the 8th. But at 105 and still early in the season...i can see why Servais pulled him. Then again...didn't Kluber go almost 120 pitches against us last week? It was one of those low scoring games that you aren't going to win all of them. Yanks just took 3 out of 4 against the Astros....M's still have a chance to pick up a game today.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Such a Mariners move not only to pick Ichiro up in the first place, but to feel so guilty about releasing him that we give him a position in the front office.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Such a Mariners move not only to pick Ichiro up in the first place, but to feel so guilty about releasing him that we give him a position in the front office.

I don't know, I think Iciro knew full well, that the only reason he was here was because Gamal was injured and his future was questionable once Gamel was healthy.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:I'm on the fence about pulling Paxton. If he was at 90 something pitches then definitely put him out there in the 8th. But at 105 and still early in the season...i can see why Servais pulled him. Then again...didn't Kluber go almost 120 pitches against us last week? It was one of those low scoring games that you aren't going to win all of them. Yanks just took 3 out of 4 against the Astros....M's still have a chance to pick up a game today.

MLB pitchers are “babied” more now then ever before and arm injuries seem to be even more frequent.

105 pitches for a stretched out pitcher isn’t a ton IMHO, especially when you are stil throwing 98 on the last pitch. As long as the pitchers arm is feeling good, the velocity is still there, and they are getting outs, let em pitch.

It wasn’t uncommon for Randy Johnson to throw 130-150 pitches in a start.
    He pitched for 22 years in the bigs.

However for little league and highschool I religiously believe in strict pitch counts, and applaud both LL, and the state highschool associations for having pitch counts.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Such a Mariners move not only to pick Ichiro up in the first place, but to feel so guilty about releasing him that we give him a position in the front office.

moving Edgar to a coaching position turned out great. I don't see anything wrong with giving Ichiro work to do. Best hitter in franchise history. I don't think it was a guilt trip at all.

4 straight series win! LeBlanc's location was spot on in those 4 innings.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:I'm on the fence about pulling Paxton. If he was at 90 something pitches then definitely put him out there in the 8th. But at 105 and still early in the season...i can see why Servais pulled him. Then again...didn't Kluber go almost 120 pitches against us last week? It was one of those low scoring games that you aren't going to win all of them. Yanks just took 3 out of 4 against the Astros....M's still have a chance to pick up a game today.

MLB pitchers are “babied” more now then ever before and arm injuries seem to be even more frequent.

105 pitches for a stretched out pitcher isn’t a ton IMHO, especially when you are stil throwing 98 on the last pitch. As long as the pitchers arm is feeling good, the velocity is still there, and they are getting outs, let em pitch.

However for little league and highschool I religiously believe in strict pitch counts, and applaud both LL, and the state highschool associations for having pitch counts.

Remember Nolan?Thats why that crap about todays players being better conditioned is hogwash.
    I don't see it..Some of these pitcher today have 2-3 TJ surgeries before 30..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:I'm on the fence about pulling Paxton. If he was at 90 something pitches then definitely put him out there in the 8th. But at 105 and still early in the season...i can see why Servais pulled him. Then again...didn't Kluber go almost 120 pitches against us last week? It was one of those low scoring games that you aren't going to win all of them. Yanks just took 3 out of 4 against the Astros....M's still have a chance to pick up a game today.

Remember Nolan?Thats why that crap about todays players being better conditioned is hogwash.

Nolan Ryan was the master of using his legs when pitching. That’s where a majority of his power/velocity came from.
    Pitching the way he did is a lost art.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I hope if any of y'all are going to any of these games coming up against the Angels you let Ohtani have it!!! :stirthepot: :irishdrinkers:
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:I hope if any of y'all are going to any of these games coming up against the Angels you let Ohtani have it!!! :stirthepot: :irishdrinkers:

If only Ichiro was in the front office earlier we might have been cheering Ohtani
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Nolan Ryan was the master of using his legs when pitching. That’s where a majority of his power/velocity came from.
    Pitching the way he did is a lost art.

Yes it is but that is the proper way to pitch..Many pitchers in the past used this and somehow it
    got lost along the way.
    Today it's a big deal if they make through 7... :34853_doh:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• That Dee Gordon throwing error is MLB blooper reel worthy.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Servais brings up Heredia, plays him 1 game, then goes back to Gamel.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• I hate the Angels. :evil:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Casey Lawrence is trash.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Seattle is sleepwalking through this game. Hitting, defense, and pitching looks like crap.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Gotta just bounce back. Angels bleh.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• M's proving (It seems) to be a very good late inning team.. I can remember a 2k1 team that had similar traits.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Damn I wanted Diaz to throw the slider there and he did, now I wish he would have just stuck with the heater.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Bobblehead wrote:M's proving (It seems) to be a very good late inning team.. I can remember a 2k1 team that had similar traits.

Until that. Looked like Diaz had the hitter struck out on the pitch before the homerun.
    That why I wish he had a viable 3rd pitch. The hitter was sitting on that pitch.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:M's proving (It seems) to be a very good late inning team.. I can remember a 2k1 team that had similar traits.

Until that. Looked like Diaz had the hitter struck out on the pitch before the homerun.
    That why I wish he had a viable 3rd pitch. The hitter was sitting on that pitch.

I doubt he's sitting on a slider or if he is there's no chance he hits a fastball amd he just guess right. That pitch just hung no movement to it at all.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Nice job Nicasio.... again
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Segura should never be allowed to attempt to steal. He's been horrendous at it since he's been here.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Seahaaaawks wrote:Nice job Nicasio.... again

Yeah, Nicasio stinks.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• That game is why baseball is the best
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• After a pretty dead game last night, they finally showed some life. Nice to see Healy and Gamel contribute. I remember thinking "Gamel PH? What the hell?" But he came around and scored.

Helluva game. :2thumbs:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Crizilla wrote:That game is why baseball is the best

Great win, against a PITA Halo’s team. It shouldn’t be as hard as the M’s bullpen makes it.
    Always seem to be behind in the games against the Halos.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Our offense is awesome. Please get pitching. What a game.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:Our offense is awesome. Please get pitching. What a game.

While I agree that our offense is pretty good, they were just spinning their wheel for the majority of the game. They seem to do this against the better pitchers until we get into their bullpens. There was a stat last night that the Mariners score over 34% of their runs in the 7th inning on. That is not a horrible statistic, but it emphasizes the need for better starting pitching from our guys. A percentage of those runs come in losses. If we get better starting pitching to keep the games closer, then the Mariners are a legit contender.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• TransGenderHawkFan wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Our offense is awesome. Please get pitching. What a game.

While I agree that our offense is pretty good, they were just spinning their wheel for the majority of the game. They seem to do this against the better pitchers until we get into their bullpens. There was a stat last night that the Mariners score over 34% of their runs in the 7th inning on. That is not a horrible statistic, but it emphasizes the need for better starting pitching from our guys. A percentage of those runs come in losses. If we get better starting pitching to keep the games closer, then the Mariners are a legit contender.

It's very hard to have both-good hitting with good starting pitchers..
    We had great starting pitching for 4-5 years with lousy hitting and now it is reversed.
    I think the teams plan is get to 5th and let the bullpen do the rest.
    It has worked but then you get Diaz slumping lately or Nicaso ect..It happens
    This is what we have unless we get more scraps like Harvey ect and that doen't
    mean much as he wasn't doing anything just like our bottom starters
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:I thought Ichiro didn’t really speak English.. how can he be in the front office?

Mariners beat reporters have always said that Ichiro speaks English well, he just chooses to use an interpreter.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

The offense has also faced the toughest pitching of any team so far in this yr. I believe the stat was 33% were top 20 era and 25% was top 10 era. The offense is also rated #6 in MLB. The pitching is rated 26th in MLB.

All im asking for is the pitching to be in middle of the pack and we have a shot. I mean we play in safeco which is a pitchers park. If this was the kingdome id understand.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:
    TransGenderHawkFan wrote:

It's very hard to have both-good hitting with good starting pitchers..
    We had great starting pitching for 4-5 years with lousy hitting and now it is reversed.
    I think the teams plan is get to 5th and let the bullpen do the rest.
    It has worked but then you get Diaz slumping lately or Nicaso ect..It happens
    This is what we have unless we get more scraps like Harvey ect and that doen't
    mean much as he wasn't doing anything just like our bottom starters

I fully agree with thise however the top teams usually have both. A great defense or great pitching staff will slow down a top Offense. (Just like in NFL) The issue is when we face a Houston team or another elite staff with hitters is we are missing the elite staff that they have. So in those type of matchups our offense isnt going to score 7-8 runs a game. Itll be 2-4 at best.

Our #1 pitcher has era in low 4s. Id bet most teams that are good have starter in low 3s.

I did a research a game ago when angels won 5-0. Teams with our pitching staff or worse(we were #24 at time) were a combined 49-117. They were all bottom feeders. We are blessed to have this O.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:

The offense has also faced the toughest pitching of any team so far in this yr. I believe the stat was 33% were top 20 era and 25% was top 10 era. The offense is also rated #6 in MLB. The pitching is rated 26th in MLB.

All im asking for is the pitching to be in middle of the pack and we have a shot. I mean we play in safeco which is a pitchers park. If this was the kingdome id understand.

Funny you mention the pitchers park as Felix is serving up batting practice in the 2nd inning.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

Shanegotyou11 wrote:

Funny you mention the pitchers park as Felix is serving up batting practice in the 2nd inning.

Yep. Makes it worse.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:

Yep. Makes it worse.

Zunino failed to get in front of a pitch letting a K victim a free pass to first. Next pitch was a double and that K victim scored. Felix just got ran after walking a batter. Felix has given up all three runs to the bottom half of the Angel's order.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• Reliever comes in and throws one pitch to Trout......3 run HR
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• Seems like anytime the big crowds show up to the ballpark, the M’s poop the bed.
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Ohtani lighting up the M's at the plate and on the mound. Trout is insane. Altuve is too. The AL West is going to be very tough for many years to come.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:Ohtani lighting up the M's at the plate and on the mound. Trout is insane. Altuve is too. The AL West is going to be very tough for many years to come.

Ohtani was helped out today a lot by the M’s hitters swinging at his offspeed pitches in the dirt.
    They scout it, and learn from it, they’ll have a better idea of how to attack him. Laying off the low offspeed stuff today and the M’s are still in the game, well at least until Lawrence comes in.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Wow! Amazing game by the whole team really. Great defense but Paxton was ON yet again! Incredible no hitter!!!
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information