Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• m0ng0 wrote:Did Paxton just throw a no no ?

Yep. 9 innings, 99 pitches. Only 7 K's but the defense was flat out sparkling.

:2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• So far a triple play, no hitter,.....why not the playoffs? Congrats Paxton.

;)
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• If you missed it, ROOT is airing the replay in just a few minutes.

Helluva game!

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Just watched the highlight of every out on mlb.com. Some incredible defense helped a lot bit man, still throwing 100 in the ninth. Paxton is on fire.

And Zunino, as long as he's playing D like he is, helping the pitchers like he is, and hitting those bombs, he can hit under .200 and Im happy for now.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:So far a triple play, no hitter,.....why not the playoffs? Congrats Paxton.

;)

That wild card race looks pretty tough. AL Central giving up all the easy wins. Hopefully Cleveland picks it up since we dont play them again but the rest of the WC contenders do.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• What a job! Awesome!
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• This is and the dominating 16 strikeout performance is why I was arguing with someone here that you don’t trade Paxton.
    A power lefty that can throw 100mph on occasion that can dominate when healthy. A rare thing.

That diving play that Seager made on that ball that Pillar hit was flat out sick (in a good way).
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Great job by Pax!
    I have loved the guy since he was drafted and been waiting for the things we have
    been seeing from him since,the road hasn't been a nice smooth one to this point
    but he has arrived and I'm happy for him and the fans of the M's as we have endured
    a lot of negative stuff for years..He is our ace and may very well be one of the top 3
    starting pitchers in baseball.
    I was never one wanting to trade him but the idea crossed my mind when we had
    a lot less than we have now but our GM got an offense with some players we never
    heard of in a couple of those trades but thats the mystery of baseball (The unknowns)
    We still need some starting pitching @2 spots if you think of a 4 man rotation and while
    it may be a struggle to get them it is looking easier to do than it has in the last couple
    of years..
    I want playoffs sure but I'm greedy and want a lot more..I think this team could do it
    and no I'm not crazy..We just need a couple of decent pitchers to get a shot and
    anything can happen with the defense and offense we have.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:Great job by Pax!
    I have loved the guy since he was drafted and been waiting for the things we have
    been seeing from him since,the road hasn't been a nice smooth one to this point
    but he has arrived and I'm happy for him and the fans of the M's as we have endured
    a lot of negative stuff for years..He is our ace and may very well be one of the top 3
    starting pitchers in baseball.
    I was never one wanting to trade him but the idea crossed my mind when we had
    a lot less than we have now but our GM got an offense with some players we never
    heard of in a couple of those trades but thats the mystery of baseball (The unknowns)
    We still need some starting pitching @2 spots if you think of a 4 man rotation and while
    it may be a struggle to get them it is looking easier to do than it has in the last couple
    of years..
    I want playoffs sure but I'm greedy and want a lot more..I think this team could do it
    and no I'm not crazy..We just need a couple of decent pitchers to get a shot and
    anything can happen with the defense and offense we have.

Fully agree. I suspect if mariners are right in it around the trade deadline, then they will make some moves imo. I fully believe this team can make the playoffs.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• This team is just two starting caliber pitchers away from a run at the World Series. We gotta make this happen.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Nice job Nicasio... again!!!! Gee wiz
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Seahaaaawks wrote:Nice job Nicasio... again!!!! Gee wiz

That’s on the manager. Everyone and their mother knows Nicasio sucks except for the Mariners manager and FO.
    Whole bullpen was available and he goes with the guy that blows leads in a one run game.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:Nice job Nicasio... again!!!! Gee wiz

That’s on the manager. Everyone and their mother knows Nicasio sucks except for the Mariners manager and FO.
    Whole bullpen was available and he goes with the guy that blows leads in a one run game.

Stop. The pitching sucks in general. You got pazos, diaz and paxton who are really good rn.

Its not on the manager.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Did we really have to turn to our crappy bullpen in the 6th inning? It's not exactly a unit that competes well in one-run games, and the less it pitches, the better. If this was the historically great 2014 unit, then I'd be fine with it.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Stop. The pitching sucks in general. You got pazos, diaz and paxton who are really good rn.

Its not on the manager.

Well to be fair, Servais was a bonehead tonight. Why take LeBlanc out after 5 innings, with a pitch count at 58 (with 45 strikes) and only 1 earned run? I mean, I get the whole "3rd time through the order" thing, but that's just ridiculous. Instead of trusting in your starter who's been dealing the first half of the game, you go to your shoddy pen for the second half of the game. That had "backfire" smeared all over it. Now, they're going into tomorrow with a pen that isn't totally rested coming off an ugly loss. Servais is notorious for pulling crap like this. Just ride your dealer. It's not that hard.

Nicasio needs to get his life together. He's a relief arm who's making mid range starter money for Pete's sake. There HAS to be better options. Heck, I'd like them to call up Mills from High A Modesto. He's a stud. Who cares that he's young. If he's ready, he's ready. Diaz made a similiar jump into the bigs. Nicasio doesn't deserve to be here. Call up someone who is deserving.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• M's starters in general are designed to go through the lineup twice and then turn it over to the bull pen. We spent a lot during the offseason on the bull pen, they have been letting us down.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Nicasio has 12 holds, Diaz has 14(?) saves. Easy to panic in early May.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Its not on the manager.

Well to be fair, Servais was a bonehead tonight. Why take LeBlanc out after 5 innings, with a pitch count at 58 (with 45 strikes) and only 1 earned run? I mean, I get the whole "3rd time through the order" thing, but that's just ridiculous. Instead of trusting in your starter who's been dealing the first half of the game, you go to your shoddy pen for the second half of the game. That had "backfire" smeared all over it. Now, they're going into tomorrow with a pen that isn't totally rested coming off an ugly loss. Servais is notorious for pulling crap like this. Just ride your dealer. It's not that hard.

Nicasio needs to get his life together. He's a relief arm who's making mid range starter money for Pete's sake. There HAS to be better options. Heck, I'd like them to call up Mills from High A Modesto. He's a stud. Who cares that he's young. If he's ready, he's ready. Diaz made a similiar jump into the bigs. Nicasio doesn't deserve to be here. Call up someone who is deserving.

Leblanc is not stretched out to go more then 5. It was stated numerous times by all the analysts on root. Or i would agree.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:That’s on the manager. Everyone and their mother knows Nicasio sucks except for the Mariners manager and FO.

Its not on the manager.

Leblanc is not stretched out to go more then 5. It was stated numerous times by all the analysts on root. Or i would agree.

I'm not sure what innings has to do with being on a pitch count because he's not stretched out? He threw 70 pitches in his first start against Oakland. He was only at 58 pitches in the Toronto game. With how well he was pitching I think it's fair questioning why you pull him out. He was slated to go 75 pitches in that game so you could have/should have gotten 1 maybe 2 more innings...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Juan Nicasio is horrendous. Why he is still on the roster is puzzling...dude can't seem to get anyone out. He's probably giving up another run as I post this......
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Juan Nicasio is horrendous. Why he is still on the roster is puzzling...dude can't seem to get anyone out. He's probably giving up another run as I post this......

Nicasio has had a few bad games. If you want to know why he is still on the roster....Casey Lawrence, Rzypzienski....hes got a ways to go before he's off the roster.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Very nice offensive showing today! And another series win :irishdrinkers:
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Seahaaaawks wrote:Very nice offensive showing today! And another series win :irishdrinkers:

17 hits, 9 runs... They are smacking the living crap out of the ball right now!
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Why no challenge from Servais on the play at the plate? He clearly looked out on the replay. Hopefully that run doesn't cost us the game.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Servais isn't managing today. He's at his daughters graduation.

So thank Manny Acta for losing us this game. POS.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:Servais isn't managing today. He's at his daughters graduation.

So thank Manny Acta for losing us this game. POS.

I didn't even realize that, either way pathetic.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Thanks Manny.

Mariners don't deserve anything. This team is a joke. Manager takes a few days off and the relacement manager costs us the game. Mariners baseball, ladies and gentlemen. Mariners baseball. Amazing how stupid you have to be to not challenge that. Seeing Ichiro react he knew he was out. These games come back to haunt you later in the season. Fire Manny Acta. Complete idiot.
    Attachments
    out.jpg
    out.jpg (59.83 KiB) Viewed 348 times
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Holy shit. Manny Acta thought the video guy said "He wasn't out" instead of "He was out". No one speaks that way in baseball. The term for "He wasn't out" is "Safe". Manny is an idiot.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• I'm going to put some blame on Servais as well. I guess I get you wanna see your kid graduate and all but you need to make sure you have the guys to handle the job. They obviously don't. This is a loss only a team without proper leadership and intellect would have. If I'm Dipoto I'm looking for a new bench coach right now. Unacceptable.

And now Manny let's the ump call Healy out on a clear foul ball. I'm turning this crap off. Screw this.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:I'm going to put some blame on Servais as well. I guess I get you wanna see your kid graduate and all but you need to make sure you have the guys to handle the job. They obviously don't. This is a loss only a team without proper leadership and intellect would have. If I'm Dipoto I'm looking for a new bench coach right now. Unacceptable.

And now Manny let's the ump call Healy out on a clear foul ball. I'm turning this crap off. Screw this.

Dude, calm the shit down. It's mid May and the M's are playing the best ball they've played in a long time.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:I'm going to put some blame on Servais as well. I guess I get you wanna see your kid graduate and all but you need to make sure you have the guys to handle the job. They obviously don't. This is a loss only a team without proper leadership and intellect would have. If I'm Dipoto I'm looking for a new bench coach right now. Unacceptable.

Dude, calm the shit down. It's mid May and the M's are playing the best ball they've played in a long time.

He's a complainer. Just go with it.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• It really is pathetic though think about it. That kind of goof from a manager should never happen. I really hope Scott doesn't have anymore graduations to go to. Please be it.

If the M's miss the playoffs by 1 game can you imagine the pain
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:Thanks Manny.

Mariners don't deserve anything. This team is a joke. Manager takes a few days off and the relacement manager costs us the game. Mariners baseball, ladies and gentlemen. Mariners baseball. Amazing how stupid you have to be to not challenge that. Seeing Ichiro react he knew he was out. These games come back to haunt you later in the season. Fire Manny Acta. Complete idiot.

For a guy that was a manager to make such a big mistake is pretty bad.
    Our team does not have wins to give away.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Felix pitched like a donkey’s arse yesterday. Yes he got the win but he definitely tried to let the Tigers back in it. Actually he hasn’t been very good this season. His era is way up. Disappointing that when the team is playing relatively well, he stinks.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Felix pitched like a donkey’s arse yesterday. Yes he got the win but he definitely tried to let the Tigers back in it. Actually he hasn’t been very good this season. His era is way up. Disappointing that when the team is playing relatively well, he stinks.

Felix has been done for two yrs now. He is finished. I love him but he is done.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Got to take the series today with Pax on the mound and playing a weak Detroit team.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• That doesn't look promising for Cano. Hit him right on the back of the hand. Hopefully it all checks out okay.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Broken bone in Robbies hand. That sucks bad. Does that mean Romine is our new starting 2B?
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Nicasio at it again. Even if Seager or Segura come up with that cleanly, he still beats it out. So 3 straight hits. Great job.
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Seahaaaawks wrote:Nicasio at it again. Even if Seager or Segura come up with that cleanly, he still beats it out. So 3 straight hits. Great job.

Man, he's at the Joel Peralta/Joaquin Benoit with the Mariners level bad. Did I miss something? Where was Diaz? How is Dipoto so inept at evaluating pitching? Or is a Stottlemyere problem? Just look back to all the pitchers Dipoto has brought in, either via trade or free agency, and try to see who truly stands out. Pazos? LeBlanc? Can Miranda be considered a success? Can Vincent? He's had one stellar year sandwiched between two really bad years. It's crazy how many resources he's dumped into trying to get quality pitching here, only to have 95% of the results be not just bad, but disastrous. For me, Nicasio is the tipping point.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:Nicasio at it again. Even if Seager or Segura come up with that cleanly, he still beats it out. So 3 straight hits. Great job.

Man, he's at the Joel Peralta/Joaquin Benoit with the Mariners level bad. Did I miss something? Where was Diaz? How is Dipoto so inept at evaluating pitching? Or is a Stottlemyere problem? Just look back to all the pitchers Dipoto has brought in, either via trade or free agency, and try to see who truly stands out. Pazos? LeBlanc? Can Miranda be considered a success? Can Vincent? He's had one stellar year sandwiched between two really bad years. It's crazy how many resources he's dumped into trying to get quality pitching here, only to have 95% of the results be not just bad, but disastrous. For me, Nicasio is the tipping point.

I don’t mind Diaz not pitching in a non save situation. He usually stinks in those rolls. But yes 100% agree with everything else you said
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Seahaaaawks wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:Nicasio at it again. Even if Seager or Segura come up with that cleanly, he still beats it out. So 3 straight hits. Great job.

I don’t mind Diaz not pitching in a non save situation. He usually stinks in those rolls. But yes 100% agree with everything else you said

Wait, you're right. I forgot it was 4-4 in the 9th, my bad
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• XxXdragonXxX wrote:Broken bone in Robbies hand. That sucks bad. Does that mean Romine is our new starting 2B?

Nope.. I'm betting Dee Dee goes to 2nd and Gamel and Heredia are our OF.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Thankfully the Mariners don't have to play in that cursed city again this year.
    Dreadbelch
    NET Starter

• Dee is staying at CF per scott. Gordon looks to be called up.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Dee is a gold glove 2B isn't he?

Guess they don't want to confuse him.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Bobblehead wrote:Dee is a gold glove 2B isn't he?

Guess they don't want to confuse him.

They want him in CF. Hopefully robbie is only out until june. I doubt it. I will see after AS break.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information