Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Good solid game by LeBlanc. Great defense tonight around the infield.

Angels are going through what the M's did last year with the injuries. Can't afford to feel sorry for them. Gotta get the wins when they come. Feel pretty good with Leake going out tomorrow. 8 in a row now, could be 9.

Finally, the IBB of Trout in the 8th. No reason to pitch to him with a man on 3d and 1st base open. :2thumbs:

See, Servais can manage a game. :twisted:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:Good solid game by LeBlanc. Great defense tonight around the infield.

Angels are going through what the M's did last year with the injuries. Can't afford to feel sorry for them. Gotta get the wins when they come. Feel pretty good with Leake going out tomorrow. 8 in a row now, could be 9.

Finally, the IBB of Trout in the 8th. No reason to pitch to him with a man on 3d and 1st base open. :2thumbs:

I walk him 100 times out of 100 in that situation. You make someone else beat you.
    Trout has made the M’s pay enough times pitching to him on those situations. Slump or no slump, Trout is that good and if you pitch to him there he will beat you. Before tonight he was hitting over .600 against the M’s at Safeco with a ton of homers and rbis. Enjoy 1st base Mr. Trout.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    sutz wrote:Good solid game by LeBlanc. Great defense tonight around the infield.

I walk him 100 times out of 100 in that situation. You make someone else beat you.
    Trout has made the M’s pay enough times pitching to him on those situations. Slump or no slump, Trout is that good and if you pitch to him there he will beat you. Before tonight he was hitting over .600 against the M’s at Safeco with a ton of homers and rbis. Enjoy 1st base Mr. Trout.

Yea except upton was 5-10 feet from giving them a lead. Im never for putting the tying run on base and lead at the plate. Just my manager way if i was.

However it worked. People look smart when it works. Jd and SS need all the credit as do the players. Enjoy this. This is best season since 01. Enjoy it. Savor it.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• LeBlanc just continues to get it done.

Yeah Colome got me very nervous, I thought the Upton hit was a HR. Anywhere other than straight away CF and that probably would have been a HR. I'm hopeful that him or Nicasio get it figured out in the next couple months.

How bad is Zunino at the plate. They flashed some stat that in his last 10 games he's hitting under .100. At what point do they decide to move on from him? Catcher is a hard spot to replace because there are so few quality catchers, but the guy is becoming a liability in the lineup. We do have to give him some credit for handling the pitchers.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Z is a great defensive catcher. He can be a much better hitter, if he wasn’t such an impatient hitter.
    The guy gets himself in 0-2 counts in almost every AB. He needs to “cheat” and just hunt the fastball in the strikezone. Quit chasing curveballs in the dirt or a foot outside. It’s about focus at the plate and not swinging at crap. He doesn’t need to be the human out machine he is.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    sutz wrote:Good solid game by LeBlanc. Great defense tonight around the infield.

Yea except upton was 5-10 feet from giving them a lead. Im never for putting the tying run on base and lead at the plate. Just my manager way if i was.

However it worked. People look smart when it works. Jd and SS need all the credit as do the players. Enjoy this. This is best season since 01. Enjoy it. Savor it.

I would normally agree with you in that situation, but Trout is the rare exception to that rule.
    He is the best bad ball - low ball hitter in the game and is a big time clutch hitter.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

I would normally agree with you in that situation, but Trout is the rare exception to that rule.
    He is the best bad ball - low ball hitter in the game and is a big time clutch hitter.

Plus, the last thing you want to do when Trout is in a slump is give him an opportunity to make a big hit and break it. ;)

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I had no issue with walking Trout. Back in the day a team intentionally walked Bonds with the bases loaded with only a two run lead.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Had a chance in the 9th today. 2 really rare piss poor AB’s by Segura and Haniger, both reaching for pitches and hitting weak grounders. Flush this game and win the next one.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:Had a chance in the 9th today. 2 really rare piss poor AB’s by Segura and Haniger, both reaching for pitches and hitting weak grounders. Flush this game and win the next one.

How about the 7th? Bases loaded with 0 out and they walk away empty. :34853_doh:

The M's really suck with bases loaded. They must be trying too hard or something. Hell, a couple of cheap dingers could have closed the gap a bunch. :34853_doh:

Leake kind of sucked today.

Guess the streak had to end someday, but damn I hate the Angels. :evil:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• The difference in the game today was the Angels going 6-17 with RISP, while we went a measly 2-12. Kind of a crappy game today by our usual clutch hitters. Segura was 0-3 with RISP and Haniger was 0-2, both with some horrendous (uncharacteristic) swings at bad balls. And we had the right guys up at the plate with RISP, too (Cruz, Segura, Haniger, Gordon, Span, and Seager).

This, a day after Fangraphs posted an article about the 2018 M's being the most clutch team since they started tracking stats. https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-mariners-are-trying-to-be-the-clutchiest-team-on-record/

As for Zunino, he's our best catcher, by far, and the pitchers tend to pitch better when he's calling the games. You can see today that Leake shook off a lot of pitches from Herrmann, lasting only 4 innings when he's our usual inning-eater in the rotation. Z is just so, so, SO bad at the plate. It seems like whatever discipline he had last June is now eons away.

Oh well, it happens. Let's start a new win streak tomorrow!

Bright takeaway from the game: Seager seems to be coming around the last few games. Let's hope this is the start of his upswing. Bad pun intended.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• Man, I was at the game and watching the scoring opportunities go by killed me. Would've been really nice to put a W today and then continue building momentum. Oh well. On to the next game!
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• raisethe3 wrote:Man, I was at the game and watching the scoring opportunities go by killed me. Would've been really nice to put a W today and then continue building momentum. Oh well. On to the next game!

I was at the game too. What the hell was zunino thinking trying to run home in the 9th? He was at third, someone else 2nd and nobody on first with 1 out. Why did he run home and get thrown out by a mile? He didn't need to run. Down by 3 and 2 on and he pisses away an out and runner in scoring position. Mister .185
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

• I keep wondering why in the hell is Zunino batting any higher than 9th. It's not like we're hoping he gets extra ABs.

:229031_shrug:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I guess from what the pre game report, Zunino was on the field with all the batting coaches.. video cameras trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Msfann wrote:
    raisethe3 wrote:Man, I was at the game and watching the scoring opportunities go by killed me. Would've been really nice to put a W today and then continue building momentum. Oh well. On to the next game!

I was at the game too. What the hell was zunino thinking trying to run home in the 9th? He was at third, someone else 2nd and nobody on first with 1 out. Why did he run home and get thrown out by a mile? He didn't need to run. Down by 3 and 2 on and he pisses away an out and runner in scoring position. Mister .185

My guess was he was trying to overthink and do too much. Maybe wanted to score so badly since they were behind anyways. But yeah, I agree, he should've stayed put.
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• Bases loaded w/no outs and they can't get one measly run. Brutal. I was at my seats saying that this isn't the same M's etc. They are red hot, but that moment brought back bad memories :?
    I didn't expect that one bit.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yeah that was a game to forget, left so many guys on base with RISP. Game could have gone many different ways, I counted a few times where the ball just went beyond the glove of our infielders for RBI's. The 8th and 9th inning pretty much summed up the game. Leake struggling last night makes me think Zunino is far more important than we think.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• On another note, that worthless pos doing a bat flip? Maybe he should look at his batting average or the standings :roll:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Zunino out with a twisted ankle. As bad as he is as the plate, he does a great job with the pitching staff. No word on if he will head to the disabled list.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Zunino out with a twisted ankle. As bad as he is as the plate, he does a great job with the pitching staff. No word on if he will head to the disabled list.

For a catcher that is rough..Hope it is a simple thing that goes away in a day or two
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Haniger scratched with a bruised knee. Need other guys to pick up the slack tonight.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Z to the 10 day DL, Haniger day to day.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Seager looking bad at the plate again. The pitcher was struggling with his command, throwing high fastballs way up out of the zone, walking Cruz, and what does Kyle do...? He swings weakly at the first two high fastballs out of the zone to go down 0-2. Then, he helps out the pitcher a few more times by fouling off more of the same pitches way out of the zone. Then he promptly strikes out with bases loaded vs a pitcher that had ZERO command of his pitchers. Oy.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• :shock: :shock: :shock:

Did Gordon really get to that ball? Wow!
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Yeah Gordon's catch is probably one of the better defensive plays of the season.

Great all around effort. Marco pitched great. Heredia had a nice game with the two doubles. Even though Colome struggled a bit, nice to see him have another scoreless appearance.

I don't know why but I'm always really excited for Felix now. I think he's turned the corner, but you never know what to expect. Hoping he brings it tomorrow.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Good game tonight. As expected, we bounced back.
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• Team is good. Long season tho. Zunino out 2-3weeks.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Zunino needed a break. He was lost at the plate.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• I'm just going to put some questions out there, I'm curious where most people are at with this team.

Can we win the AL West, what percent chance do you give us? Division IMO will likely come down to the head to head with Houston. Just not sure we can go above .500 against them, which we will probably have to do.

If we don't win the AL West, can we catch either Boston or New York to host the wild card game?

If you could make an upgrade to any part of the team, what would it be?

Paxton is the #1, how would you rank the rest of the rotation if set up for a playoff series. If everything lines up, Pax would likely pitch the WC game, who would you have start games 1-3 of the following series. Would you pitch Pax on 3 days rest and go to short rotation?

Diaz over/under 55 saves. Over looks easy, but got to think they scale him back.

What should we do when Cano gets back? Dipoto already said he won't play 2B, it would be unfair to move Dee back to the OF. Obvious answer is split time at 1B with Healy. With Heredia being mediocre at best, it would really make sense IMO to move Dee back to the OF and put Cano at 2B. I also wouldn't mind not even playing Cano, what is the point. He will be back for a month and a half and then be gone.

It almost looks inevitable we will play Boston or NYY in a one game playoff, who would you rather play?
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• TransGenderHawkFan wrote:Zunino needed a break. He was lost at the plate.

I'm kinda guessing it's really a sprained brain after his bone headed play running into home. I bet his ankle is fine. 10 days to clear his head.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Paxton is the #1, how would you rank the rest of the rotation if set up for a playoff series. If everything lines up, Pax would likely pitch the WC game, who would you have start games 1-3 of the following series. Would you pitch Pax on 3 days rest and go to short rotation?

I think the rotation needs an upgrade, with Felix getting moved to the 5th spot.

The Twins may want to ship out Santana.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Hawk-Lock wrote:

Lefty power. They can't move Seager down from the middle while he's struggled because they need the threat of left handed power to help protect Cruz and Healy a bit. Cano really hurt this team getting suspended because his bat is absolutely perfect for this lineup. Adding a left handed power bat would give you the flexibility to drop Seager down at times and help protect guys like Cruz, Haniger, and Healy later in games as managers try to play matchups out of their BP which will only be magnified in the post season. You don't want teams to only have to use 1 pitcher to burn through the entire middle of the order because all your power guys are righties. A guy like Eric Thames might be the perfect addition.

The other thing I would like to see is another elite arm in the bullpen. Zach Britton would make a lot of sense to me. Lengthen the BP, and give yourself another lefty to use in matchups. That would also get you back to the ++ bullpen they were kind of going for before Phelps went down and Rzepczynski lost his way. Being able to go Colome, Britton, Diaz could really shorten games and be on par with what the Yankees had when they had Miller, Betances, Chapman together putting up historic numbers.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• I think Ms need another relief pitcher, another bat and one good starting pitcher. So 3 moves imo. Then could be deadly. I mean this team is 56-32. I cant complain. Oakland is scary lately.

I have a wierd feeling if we make playoffs, somehow we get a home playoff game.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:I'm just going to put some questions out there, I'm curious where most people are at with this team.

Can we win the AL West, what percent chance do you give us? Division IMO will likely come down to the head to head with Houston. Just not sure we can go above .500 against them, which we will probably have to do.

If we don't win the AL West, can we catch either Boston or New York to host the wild card game?

Paxton is the #1, how would you rank the rest of the rotation if set up for a playoff series. If everything lines up, Pax would likely pitch the WC game, who would you have start games 1-3 of the following series. Would you pitch Pax on 3 days rest and go to short rotation?

Diaz over/under 55 saves. Over looks easy, but got to think they scale him back.

What should we do when Cano gets back? Dipoto already said he won't play 2B, it would be unfair to move Dee back to the OF. Obvious answer is split time at 1B with Healy. With Heredia being mediocre at best, it would really make sense IMO to move Dee back to the OF and put Cano at 2B. I also wouldn't mind not even playing Cano, what is the point. He will be back for a month and a half and then be gone.

It almost looks inevitable we will play Boston or NYY in a one game playoff, who would you rather play?

As good as our record is, I don't think we can overtake Houston with our current roster. They simply have an all-worldly rotation. Even though Keuchel has been struggling with inconsistency, he can still come up with a good outing whenever. We wouldn't be able to match up with them head to head consistently in our series.

Now, if we get another quality arm, like say Hamels, then I think we can very likely win 2 out 3 against them, or at least put up a good fight. At this rate, we'll likely win games vs other teams to keep pace with Houston, but we'll likely lose ground to them when we play them head to head.

As for Boston or NY, I think they'll likely beat up on one another, but if NY gets a starting arm via trade, they'll likely run away with the division. We can play with either one of those teams in a one-game elimination playoff. We'll just throw Pax out there and have confidence in him being on his A-game. Afterwards, though, comes the problem of our rotation not having a legit #2 starter. If Felix is on, he can contend with being the #2 guy. But if he's not, then it'll likely be Marco, Leake, then Felix. I don't think Leblanc will end the season being a part of our starting rotation. If we get a starting arm, he'll likely be pushed to the pen to be that elite lefty that can do long-relief if need be.

When Cano comes back, it'd be foolish and unfair to kick Dee out of 2B and have him play CF. Cano isn't gonna be there in the playoffs, even if he is, he's nowhere near as athletic as Dee is at 2B. You can't tell me that Cano would've made that diving stop last night, nor the other Superman-esque diving stop Dee made a few weeks ago. And Heredia is a stellar outfielder, defensively he's probably our best one. We've done this well without Cano, but we can do even better if his bat is a consistent part of the lineup. I'd be all for him splitting time at 1B and/or DH whenever Cruz needs a break. Just do what they've been doing with the 4 outfielders, bringing in the 4th guy after the 7th inning for defensive purposes. But, yea, it will be interesting to see how Dipoto/Servais handles it when Cano comes back. I hope he's not selfish and has a team-first kinda mentality, considering he got himself into this mess and has no one else to blame but himself for losing his spot at 2B.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• DJrmb wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:

Lefty power. They can't move Seager down from the middle while he's struggled because they need the threat of left handed power to help protect Cruz and Healy a bit. Cano really hurt this team getting suspended because his bat is absolutely perfect for this lineup. Adding a left handed power bat would give you the flexibility to drop Seager down at times and help protect guys like Cruz, Haniger, and Healy later in games as managers try to play matchups out of their BP which will only be magnified in the post season. You don't want teams to only have to use 1 pitcher to burn through the entire middle of the order because all your power guys are righties. A guy like Eric Thames might be the perfect addition.

The other thing I would like to see is another elite arm in the bullpen. Zach Britton would make a lot of sense to me. Lengthen the BP, and give yourself another lefty to use in matchups. That would also get you back to the ++ bullpen they were kind of going for before Phelps went down and Rzepczynski lost his way. Being able to go Colome, Britton, Diaz could really shorten games and be on par with what the Yankees had when they had Miller, Betances, Chapman together putting up historic numbers.

Agree with all this. But I don't think we need another arm in the bullpen, though. Simply because if we add another arm to our rotation, LeBlanc will be that lefty in the bullpen that you know can be dominant when called on.

As for adding a power lefty to the lineup, I'm not sure we have the pieces to trade for both a quality starting pitcher AND a power lefty.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• Dream trade that will never happen: Seager, Cano, and Felix to the O's for Machado.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Looks like it’s Rockies vs the Rainiers today.

Bottom of the line up looks extremely weak.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Crizilla wrote:Dream trade that will never happen: Seager, Cano, and Felix to the O's for Machado.

Won’t happen for many reasons. Seager while he is a gold glove caliber defender, he is a dead pull hitter and the league has caught on to his severe flaws + plus Big contract.

Felix has no fastball anymore but is stubborn and thinks he can blow it by people and the results say differently, plus huge contract. Until Felix fully commits himself and buys 100% into “the less is more” and “pitching backwards” philosophy’s, he’s going to struggle.

Cano, aging player, who knows how he will play if he is not on PED’s, plus huge contract.

So the O’s would be giving up a great player for old, underperforming, and extremely expensive talent.
    Yes, pure fantasy.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Lineup is pretty weak when we have guys taking days off or hurt. We just don’t have quality backups for the infield.

Everyone keeps writing off LeBlanc but he has been consistently great for us. It’s pretty clear Felix is the weak link but unless he completely implodes in the second half I don’t see him getting moved out the rotation, even if we trade for a starter. I think we make a move for another arm, just a matter of a SP or reliever. This team needs a premier starting pitcher, which he don’t think we have the assets to trade for that. Hamels has name recognition but he is probably more of a #3 starter at this point in his career. We don’t need another #3 starter, particularly a guy who’s fastball tops out in the high 80’s. Would really like to see us make a run at Archer, this team needs another SP who can throw hard to go with Pax. If we can’t add a SP, then you simply shorten the starters role by adding a premier bullpen pirece, which may be more attainable for us with what little we have in our farm system.

As much as I like Heredia’s defense, he just isn’t hitting. It’s too bad Gamel, Haniger or Span can’t play CF consistently, I wouldn’t mind making a move for a CF if we can get one.

I also can’t believe how bad Felix is in the first innino. I think heard he has a first inning ERA in the 10’s. He pitched okay yesterday, but once again he dig himself a hole early.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:Looks like it’s Rockies vs the Rainiers today.

Bottom of the line up looks extremely weak.

no kidding, never heard of half these guys and based on their at bats I won't hear from them again.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

• Ugh 3 run homer, going to be hard to cut the deficit with this lineup. I’ve said it here a few times, but on a playoff team, Pax is probably more of a #2 than an ace.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Ugh 3 run homer, going to be hard to cut the deficit with this lineup. I’ve said it here a few times, but on a playoff team, Pax is probably more of a #2 than an ace.

I think Pax is an Ace, but sometimes he tends to relax too much IMHO.
    That pitch the got hit out couldn’t have been T’ed up any better for the hitter, hung it big time.

Nicasio is Spanish for suck!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Ugh 3 run homer, going to be hard to cut the deficit with this lineup. I’ve said it here a few times, but on a playoff team, Pax is probably more of a #2 than an ace.

I think Pax is an Ace, but sometimes he tends to relax too much IMHO.
    That pitch the got hit out couldn’t have been T’ed up any better for the hitter, hung it big time.

Nicasio is Spanish for suck!

He is a bottom tier ace IMO. He is an ace on a non playoff team, but when you have high aspirations, I think he is a low end ace, or a high end #2. There is zero doubt that Sale, Kluber, Severino, and Verlander are all better than him. Those are all the aces for the AL playoff teams. Pax would rank last among them. If you put him on the Astros he is probably their #4 or #5 starting pitcher. Pax is fine being an ace on a typical M's team that doesn't have playoff aspirations, but not sure he can go head to head with the real aces of the game. As good as he is, he will never be what Felix was in his prime. This rotation needs a big time ace, like what we had with Felix back in his prime.

It really didn't matter how well Pax pitched today or not, the offense didn't show up.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• So I learned, Robinson Cano is about to come back from his 80-game suspension on Aug 14th. But what I found out is that, he isn't eligible to play in the post-season! I mean, he already serving his 80 games suspension already?! So any player that is suspended in not eligible to play in the post-season? WTF?!
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• raisethe3 wrote:So I learned, Robinson Cano is about to come back from his 80-game suspension on Aug 14th. But what I found out is that, he isn't eligible to play in the post-season! I mean, he already serving his 80 games suspension already?! So any player that is suspended in not eligible to play in the post-season? WTF?!

That is a rule put in place 2-3 yrs ago..It sucks for us of course
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:
    raisethe3 wrote:So I learned, Robinson Cano is about to come back from his 80-game suspension on Aug 14th. But what I found out is that, he isn't eligible to play in the post-season! I mean, he already serving his 80 games suspension already?! So any player that is suspended in not eligible to play in the post-season? WTF?!

That is a rule put in place 2-3 yrs ago..It sucks for us of course

Damn, I guess I didn't pay attention then. Thanks.
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• raisethe3 wrote:So I learned, Robinson Cano is about to come back from his 80-game suspension on Aug 14th. But what I found out is that, he isn't eligible to play in the post-season! I mean, he already serving his 80 games suspension already?! So any player that is suspended in not eligible to play in the post-season? WTF?!

Yup. Hence, the whole debate/dilemma about how to insert him into the lineup when he comes back. Does he play 2B? If so, does Dee move back to CF and is that fair to Dee who's playing outstanding defensive 2B and have done everything that's been asked of him (playing CF, then switch to 2B)? If Cano doesn't play 2B, does he play 1B cuz we desperately need his bat in the lineup? Is he going to be any good even, without PEDs? Team chemistry, fall-off from this negative situation, fans booing, etc?

Today's game sucked, but looking at the lineup before the game, it was obvious it was gonna suck. Pax had to pitch a perfect game to win it, but he didn't. He tends to have one or two mental lapses a game that usually ends up costing him a few runs. Like someone has mentioned, he is definitely not as dominant as prime-Felix. When Felix was in his prime, you can almost bank on him going 7+ innings giving up 2 runs or less. Heck, he even broke the major league record a few years ago for consecutive quality starts. You knew he could strike ppl out and he was difficult to score against. Pax, not so much.

The M's are regressing a bit lately, not scoring more than a few runs per game and the pitching has failed to keep us in those close games we would have rallied to win like before. Then there's our "vaunted" bullpen which, quite frankly, has been abysmal lately. There is not one name out of that bull pen that would instill confidence besides Diaz and Pazos, maybe Bradford. Nicasio, Vincent, Rumbelow, Colome, Elias all blow.

The Rockies' bullpen is THE worst in the entire LEAGUE in ERA and 4th from last in BAA, and we've been shut out by them in two games. Yea, M's offense is kinda mailing it in early before the All Star Break.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• I'm going to forget the last couple of losses because of the injuries..
    People are talking trade targets and I have a good one..
    How about Matt Harvey???LHP on the upswing from TJ surgery a
    couple of years ago.
    Watched him give Cubs hell for most of the game.Great slider
    and FB is anywhere from 93-97.He is not Pax but on our staff a
    would be a great #3 in my opinion.
    Please GM hope you have been watching this guy!.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information