Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

.NET IS FOR SALE

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
.NET IS FOR SALE
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:35 pm
  • .NETers,
    After 11 years of ownership at Seahawks.NET, myself and my co-owner (Anguish) feel it’s the right time to step away and pass the reigns onto the next person or group. It’s been an amazing ride, and I appreciate everything each one of you have done to make this the largest Seahawks message board online. But .NET deserves an owner that is fully committed to it, and for the past year or so, that just hasn’t been the case with me.

So, like the original owner (Aros) before me, I’m asking for interested parties to contact me via email using rockhawk(at)seahawks.net (for those that are unaware, replace the (at) with @). We’d prefer to sell it to a .NET person or group to keep the site not-for-profit and ad-free as you know it now, so please reach out if interested.

To be transparent, we are selling the site, not giving it away. After 11 years I’ve put more than $25k out of my own pocket with the rest being donated or provided via the Amazon link, and though I’m not requesting that much, I just need those interested to understand the costs we’ve incurred. If you’re interested, email me and we can talk numbers. I’ll also provide the site analytics from Google on request, showing the very large amount of views and unique visitors we get on a daily basis.

A sincere thank you to all of those who have donated your hard-earned money to the site over the years. I didn't do a great job at sending a thank you to each of those, so I hope this will do. It was greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all of my volunteer staff, both current and past for donating their time to this site simply for the love of the Seahawks and this community. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that effort & sacrifice.

Here’s to the next evolution & phase of Seahawks.NET! I’m excited to hear from you and what ideas you might have for the future!
    Go Hawks!
    Mark & Neal
    Love ya Les! You're in my thoughts every time I "Check my PM's"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Re: .NET IS FOR SALE
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:08 pm
  • Thanks for everything, Carbon County boy. I hope you get what you put in back, and the new owners can make you and Anguish and Aros proud.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:36 pm
  • nanomoz wrote:Thanks for everything, Carbon County boy. I hope you get what you put in back, and the new owners can make you and Anguish and Aros proud.

Much appreciated!!!! (Go Dinos!)
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:38 pm
  • Just emailed you RockHawk.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:41 pm

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:20 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I can't go any higher than $7.93.

Double what the reserve price is!!! :)
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 pm
  • I hope this site survives. Been on here since 99 and wouldn't know what to do without it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:20 pm
  • I might be able to swing $2-3k but that isn't going to cut it. Even then i'd bring in ads. As a fan I love this place and a ad or two on the side wouldn't change that feeling for me.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:39 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:I might be able to swing $2-3k but that isn't going to cut it. Even then i'd bring in ads. As a fan I love this place and a ad or two on the side wouldn't change that feeling for me.

Thanks man, the only other 2 options is go away or sell to an outside agency that will either integrate into their current site or monetize it heavily. Not my favorite choices.
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:02 pm
  • RockHawk wrote:. rockhawk(at)seahawks.net (for those that are unaware, replace the (at) with @).

Dear Lord please don't actually sell to somebody who needs that explained!!!!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:43 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:. rockhawk(at)seahawks.net (for those that are unaware, replace the (at) with @).

Dear Lord please don't actually sell to somebody who needs that explained!!!!

:D :irishdrinkers:
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:13 pm
  • Is there any market for various seahawk bloggers to pay a small fee for front page publicity? I mean there are a number of great seahawk sites out there that might be trying to turn a profit, if they want add space for a small fee .net has a primo target audience.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:Is there any market for various seahawk bloggers to pay a small fee for front page publicity? I mean there are a number of great seahawk sites out there that might be trying to turn a profit, if they want add space for a small fee .net has a primo target audience.

Yeah lest sell space to people and become like every other site telling the ownership they will shut us down if they don't show everyone's ads and dictate content etc. We have been there already, why Aros split off from those places to begin with.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:42 am
  • I think the price should be $12...or something along those lines. $1200, $12,000...
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information